A wearable, experimental device passed a real-world test, constantly monitoring blood sugar and automatically giving insulin or a sugar-boosting drug as needed, doctors say.
Scientists have made big progress on a “bionic pancreas” to free some people with diabetes from the daily ordeal of managing their disease. A wearable, experimental device passed a real-world test, constantly monitoring blood sugar and automatically giving insulin or a sugar-boosting drug as needed, doctors say.
The device improved blood-sugar control more than standard monitors and insulin pumps did when tested for five days on 20 adults and 32 teens. Unlike other artificial pancreases in development that just correct high blood sugar, this one also can fix too-low sugar, mimicking what a natural pancreas does.
The Latest on: Bionic pancreas
via Google News
The Latest on: Bionic pancreas
- Top news from ADA meeting news: Tirzepatide, cell therapy, glucokinase inhibition and moreon August 1, 2022 at 6:06 am
The Healio and Endocrine Today editors have compiled the most read news from the American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions in June.
- Combining AI and CGM to Make a Bionic Pancreason July 26, 2022 at 5:00 pm
A startup company is combining artificial intelligence (AI) and glucose monitoring to develop what is being called a bionic pancreas. Beta Bionics has received FDA approval to begin recruitment for ...
- April L. Goleyon July 25, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Buse Home use of a bihormonal bionic pancreas versus insulin pump therapy in adults with type 1 diabetes: a multicentre randomised crossover trial. El-Khatib Firas H, Courtney A. Balliro ...
- Beta Bionics Shines with iLet Bionic Pancreas Dataon July 24, 2022 at 5:00 pm
The 2018 MDDI Readers’ Choice for Company of the Year, and Boston, MA-based company unveiled data that show the iLet Bionic Pancreas reduced HbA1c and Improved Time in Range vs Standard of Care for a ...
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring Systems Market – 2022 by Manufacturers, Regions, Size, Share, Forecast to 2028on July 21, 2022 at 3:59 am
Additionally, the most anticipated high-tech, closed-loop artificial/bionic pancreas has a roadmap thanks to CGMS technology. According to our latest report, the Continuous Glucose Monitoring ...
- Equity crowdfunding gives startups an alternative to venture capital by raising money from smaller investorson July 17, 2022 at 4:59 pm
Among the most well-known and successful equity crowdfunding platforms are: Wefunder has attracted a broad range of startups including an online encyclopedia, bionic pancreas, and film production.
- Beta Bionics releases clinical trial data on Bionic Pancreas for Type 1 Diabeteson June 22, 2022 at 7:53 am
Beta Bionics recently shared the clinical trial data with the American Diabetes Association (ADA) on its insulin-only bionic pancreas known as iLet Bionic Pancreas for use in treating type 1 ...
- Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 Newson August 18, 2021 at 7:13 pm
Medscape Medical News, June 06, 2022 ADA 2022 Bionic Pancreas: Closer to Fully Automated Insulin Delivery? Results from the iLet Bionic Pancreas pivotal trial demonstrate that a system using a ...
- Insulin Therapy Newson May 6, 2021 at 4:15 am
Medscape Medical News, June 09, 2022 ADA 2022 Bionic Pancreas: Closer to Fully Automated Insulin Delivery? Results from the iLet Bionic Pancreas pivotal trial demonstrate that a system using a ...
- THE FUTURE OF DIABETES CAREon April 3, 2020 at 11:57 am
An engineer by training and father of a son with diabetes, he is on a quest to build his version of an artificial pancreas, called the “bionic” pancreas. His story, featured in Blood Sugar ...
via Bing News