If only computers themselves were smart enough to fight off malevolent hackers.
That is the premise of an ambitious two-year contest with a $2 million first prize, posed to the world’s computer programmers by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, better known by its acronym, Darpa. It is the blue-sky, big-think organization within the Defense Department that created a precursor of the Internet in the late 1960s and more recently held a contest that spurred development of self-driving cars.
Michael Walker, the Darpa cybersecurity program manager who is running the contest, imagines a future in which sensors on computer networks could detect intruders, identify the flaws that let them in, and automatically make the necessary repairs, all without a human computer expert lifting a finger.
The Latest on: Cybersecurity
via Google News
The Latest on: Cybersecurity
- Grambling grad getting Louisiana’s 1st cybersecurity degreeon April 11, 2021 at 7:01 am
GRAMBLING, La. (AP) — A Grambling State University student is about to get Louisiana’s first bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity at a time when data breaches are making headlines. Alexis White of ...
- UAH’s Tommy Morris discusses cybersecurity threats and how to stay safeon April 11, 2021 at 5:37 am
While it keeps us safe from COVID-19, it opens up a whole new world of security issues. Tommy Morris, UAH’s Director of Cybersecurity Research and Education, has some tips to stay safe. HUNTSVILLE, ...
- Talon: An Israeli Cybersecurity Company For The Post-Covid Workforce Scores Massive $26 Million Seed Fundingon April 11, 2021 at 12:01 am
Talon, an Israeli cybersecurity startup that’s promising to solve the problems that come with the pandemic-era workforce, has raised a $26 million seed round. That’s the biggest ever seed round in ...
- RazorSecure Launches Cybersecurity Platform for the Rail Industryon April 10, 2021 at 6:01 am
RazorSecure has announced the launch of a cybersecurity product specifically for the rail industry. RazorSecure Security Gateway is a virtual platform for hosting security applications onboard, with a ...
- U.K. National Cyber Security Centre Recognizes Universities Offering Top Cybersecurity Educationon April 10, 2021 at 3:00 am
Ten universities around the U.K. have become the latest to receive official recognition for their postgraduate degrees in cybersecurity from the country’s leading experts. The institutions were ...
- Money Talks: NightDragon's Dave DeWalt on the next big emerging cybersecurity marketson April 9, 2021 at 11:32 am
The origin story of the name of investment firm NightDragon stems from a cyber attack where Chinese military hackers stole intellectual property from American companies.
- The U.S. Government Needs to Overhaul Cybersecurity. Here’s How.on April 9, 2021 at 9:05 am
After the 2015 hack of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, the SolarWinds breach, and—just weeks after SolarWinds—the latest Microsoft breach, it is by now clear that the U.S. federal government ...
- Biden budget request calls for major investments in cybersecurity, emerging technologieson April 9, 2021 at 8:13 am
President Biden called for over $1.3 billion in cybersecurity funds as part of his proposed budget request sent to Congress on Friday, along with major investments in emerging technologies such as qua ...
- Women Are Facing an Economic Crisis & the Cybersecurity Industry Can Helpon April 9, 2021 at 7:03 am
Investing in women's cybersecurity careers can bring enormous benefits and help undo some of the significant economic damage wrought by the pandemic.
- Cybersecurity Concerns Grow in Post-COVID Eraon April 9, 2021 at 6:01 am
As industrial networks migrate to the cloud, cybersecurity threats in the manufacturing sector are increasing in tow. Watch this Take Five video to find out what industries are being targeted, who ...
via Bing News