A SISSA algorithm published in Science simplifies the categorization of data
Experts use the expression big data to indicate huge amounts of information, such as those (photos, videos, texts, but also other more technical types of data) shared at any time by billions of people on computers, smartphones and other electronic devices. The present-day scenario offers unprecedented perspectives: tracking flu epidemics, monitoring road traffic in real time, or handling the emergency of natural disasters, for example. For us to be able to use these huge amounts of data, we have to understand them and before that we need to categorize them in an effective, fast and automatic manner. One of the most commonly used systems is a series of statistical techniques called Cluster Analysis (CA), which is able to group data sets according to their “similarity”.
Two researchers from SISSA devised a type of CA based on simple and powerful principles, which proved to be very efficient and capable of solving some of the most typical problems encountered in this type of analysis.
The Latest on: Big data
via Google News
The Latest on: Big data
- Big Data in Healthcare Market Investment Opportunities, Industry Share & Trend Analysis Report to 2027on July 7, 2021 at 7:48 am
The global Big Data in Healthcare Market is forecasted to be worth USD 78.03 Billion by 2027, according to a current ...
- Transforming The Insurance Industry With Big Data, Machine Learning, And AIon July 6, 2021 at 3:21 pm
An emerging wave of “Insurtech” solutions companies are seeking to transform the business of insurance through the introduction of Big Data, Machine Learning, and AI capabilities.
- Big Data IT Spending in Financial Sector Market Study For 2021 To 2026 Providing Information on Key Players, Growth Drivers and Industry Challengeson July 6, 2021 at 10:25 am
The report on the Big Data IT Spending in Financial Sector market provides a bird’s eye view of the current proceeding within the Big Data IT Spending in Financial Sector market. Further, the report ...
- Big data as a Service Market Is Booming Worldwide | Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development, IBM, Microsoft Corporationon July 6, 2021 at 3:25 am
JCMR Recently announced Global Big data as a Service Market Report is an objective and in-depth study of the current state aimed at the major drivers, market strategies, and key players growth. The ...
- Big Data Analytics in BFSI Market Scenario, Share, Growth, Insights, Industry Analysis, Trends and Forecasts Report 2027on July 5, 2021 at 10:52 pm
The global big data analytics in BFSI market size is expected to reach USD 86.68 Billion in 2027 and register a steady ...
- Didi and the Big Chill on China’s Big Dataon July 5, 2021 at 2:04 am
The crackdown on ride-hailing giant Didi is part of a much larger move to assert Beijing’s jurisdiction over how data is collected—and the data itself.
- Big Data in the Automotive Market Growth Analysis, Strategies, Demands in After Coronavirus Lockdown Over The Worldon July 4, 2021 at 8:24 pm
A recent research report on the global Big Data in the Automotive Market provides an in-depth information on its overall working dynamics. The research report offers a great deal of information on the ...
- Big Data Analytics Finding Gaps in Chronic Disease Management Careon June 30, 2021 at 10:00 am
How big data analytics and artificial intelligence can play an critical role in chronic disease management care. Algorithm biases need to be avoided through proper AI training.
- Big Data: The Science Behind A Better Customer Experienceon June 29, 2021 at 6:20 am
No matter what industry you work in, by now, you have probably heard people talking about “big data.” You don’t have to be Facebook or Google to know that customer interactions can yield a wealth of ...
via Bing News