Pioneering work using touchless technology for vascular surgery is now being extended to neurosurgery.
Dr Mark Rouncefield and Dr Gerardo Gonzalez from the School of Computing and Communications at Lancaster University were part of a collaborative team from Microsoft Research, Guy’s Hospital, St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, and King’s College London to pilot the technology in the operating theatre.
Following the successful pilot of the technology in vascular surgery procedures, the team from Lancaster and Microsoft have now partnered with neurosurgeons at Addenbrookes NHS Foundation Trust and Cambridge University to apply the technology to the manipulation of 3D volumetric models of the brain for neurosurgery. The new system is currently being piloted in the operating theatres.
Dr Rouncefield said: ““This project on ‘Touchless Interaction’ has successfully combined the skills and knowledge of social and computer scientists with the professional experience of surgeons, to design and develop an application that is already proving of real benefit in the operating theatre”
The pioneering work explores the use of touchless interaction within surgical settings, enabling surgeons to view, control and manipulate medical images without contact.
The Latest on: Touchless technology
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Touchless technology” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Touchless technology
- Regtech Report: Consumer Confidence Declines As Only 5% “Highly Trust” Tech Firms to Safeguard Biometric Dataon February 22, 2024 at 7:02 am
This is contrary to the immediate post-pandemic years when biometric technologies “peaked in popularity as a touchless alternative in retail ... “lack faith in the accuracy of biometric technology, ...
- Wearable Devices' Mudra Band Chosen as Best Wearable of CES 2024 by SlashGear.comon February 20, 2024 at 6:35 am
Following the biggest consumer electronics show in the world, Wearable Devices' Mudra Band continues to gain global recognition by leading tech influencers, early adopters and top media sources.
- C.H. Robinson introduces new touchless appointments technology offeringon February 17, 2024 at 9:33 pm
In an annual tradition, LM takes a look at the top news in logistics and supply chain posted in the last year on Logistics Management. The editorial team presents the top 10 logistics… ...
- The show must go on—how event companies are innovating during the pandemicon February 16, 2024 at 6:10 am
optical delusions and mind-bending tricks using projection mapping and interactive touchless technology. “Art is at its best when overcoming adversity,” says The Beaumont’s Executive and ...
- C.H. Robinson launches touchless appointmentson February 16, 2024 at 5:42 am
Global logistics company C.H. Robinson has developed touchless technology that it said would create more freight efficiency. Touchless appointments eliminate the need to schedule appointments where ...
- WiGL and Energous Announce Developmental Milestone to Bring Touchless Wireless Power Transfer Networks to Marketon February 15, 2024 at 1:30 am
About WiGL By partnering with pioneers in the wireless power industry, WiGL has emerged as the umbrella technology creating the future for smart, touchless, wireless power networks. WiGL, ...
- Wearable Devices Signs an Agreement with Qualcomm to Collaborate in Elevating XR Experiences with Mudra Neural Technologyon February 12, 2024 at 5:20 am
This Collaboration Aims to Transform XR Industry with Touchless ControlYOKNEAM ILLIT, ISRAEL, Feb. 12, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Wearable ...
- C.H. Robinson Launches Touchless Appointment Technologyon February 8, 2024 at 11:55 am
C.H. Robinson said that touchless appointments allow some users to save up to 7.4 hours on average in terms of being able to deliver products to market.
- C.H. Robinson Automates Touchless Appointmentson February 6, 2024 at 4:00 pm
Global logistics company C.H. Robinson has developed new appointment scheduling technology that it called a breakthrough for supply chain efficiency. With touchless appointments, C.H. Robinson’s ...
- This South Jersey hospital system is getting safer. Virtua tackles gun safety initiativeson February 5, 2024 at 5:01 am
The technology, called Evolv, is a touchless, less-intrusive system that scans for weapons. The devices are already established at both Camden campuses, Willingboro's main and emergency entrances ...
via Bing News