Fraunhofer and Vaillant have developed a simple device for home use.
It converts chemical energy directly into electrical energy. Still, there hadn’t been a market breakthrough for the fuel cell. The systems were too complex. Now, Fraunhofer and Vaillant have developed a simple device for home use.
They are as compact as classical gas heaters that only produce heat. Moreover, they can comfortably be mounted on the wall and easily be maintained. With an output of one kilowatt, they cover the average current consumption for a four-person household. The Federal Ministry of Transport and digital infrastructure BMVI is promoting Callux. Currently, in the European demonstration project ene.field (www.enefield.eu), about 150 further units are being installed in several European countries. In addition, Vaillant started the production of a small-scale series in early 2014. Parallel to the practical test, the two partners are already working on new models. “Now, it’s all about decreasing production costs and increasing the lifetime of the equipment,“ says Jahn.
The Latest on: Home fuel cell system
via Google News
The Latest on: Home fuel cell system
- BMW Begins Road Tests of Hydrogen Fuel Cell X5on June 16, 2021 at 10:16 am
BMW has begun road tests of the i Hydrogen Next -- an X5 with a hydrogen fuel cell drivetrain. Here's what it will offer.
- GM to supply batteries, hydrogen fuel cell systems for Wabtec locomotiveon June 15, 2021 at 1:31 pm
General Motors will supply electric batteries and hydrogen fuel cell systems for rail supplier Wabtec Corp.'s locomotives, in a move extending the automaker's reach outside the automotive sector.
- Land Rover Defender Fuel Cell Prototype Could Bring Hydrogen to Off-Roadingon June 15, 2021 at 11:20 am
JLR announced that by the end of this year, Land Rover plans to have at least one prototype FCEV driving around: a Defender converted to run on electricity produced by hydrogen. The vehicle will have ...
- Wabtec and GM to Develop Advanced Ultium Battery and HYDROTEC Hydrogen Fuel Cell Solutions for Rail Industryon June 15, 2021 at 6:02 am
Wabtec Corporation (NYSE: WAB) and General Motors (NYSE: GM) today announced they will collaborate to develop and commercialize GM’s Ultium battery technology and HYDROTEC hydrogen fuel cell systems ...
- Fuel Cells Market Growth, Recent Trends, Industry Analysis, Outlook, Insights, Share and Forecasts Report 2027on June 15, 2021 at 5:41 am
The global Fuel Cells Market is expected to reach USD 16.58 Billion by 2027, according to a new report by Emergen ...
- Connecticut Neighborhood Pushes Back Against Planned Fuel Cell Power Planton June 14, 2021 at 12:50 pm
A proposal to site a 9.66-megawatt fuel cell power plant in the South End of Bridgeport, Connecticut, is drawing fire from residents who say the ...
- Port of Los Angeles rolls out $82.5M hydrogen fuel cell electric freight demonstration; Toyota fuel cell technologyon June 14, 2021 at 1:01 am
The Port of Los Angeles and its partners rolled out five new hydrogen-powered fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV) and introduced two hydrogen fueling stations. Under the $82.5-million Shore-to-Store ...
- Automotive Fuel Cell Market worth 596,255 units by 2028on June 11, 2021 at 8:27 pm
Direct Borohydrate fuel cells, non-precious meta based fuel cells, increasing lifespan of fuel cells, packaged fuel cell system module are the key market trends or technologies which will have a major ...
- Port of Los Angeles demonstrates hydrogen fuel cell electric truckson June 10, 2021 at 12:13 pm
The Port of Los Angeles and its partners debuted five new hydrogen-powered fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV) and the grand opening of two hydrogen fueling stations. Under the $82.5 million ...
- Port of Los Angeles rolls out hydrogen fuel cell electric freight demonstrationon June 8, 2021 at 3:21 am
Port of Los Angeles rolls out hydrogen fuel cell electric freight demonstration. The Port of Los Angeles and its partners are launching a new era of pollution-free goods movement ...
via Bing News