A blood test has the potential to predict Alzheimer’s disease before patients start showing symptoms
In March of this year, a team of Georgetown University scientists published research showing that, for the first time ever, a blood test has the potential to predict Alzheimer’s disease before patients start showing symptoms. AACC is pleased to announce that a late-breaking session at the 2014 AACC Annual Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo in Chicago will expand upon this groundbreaking research and discuss why it could be the key to curing this devastating illness.
According to the World Health Organization, the number of Alzheimer’s patients worldwide is expected to skyrocket from the 35.6 million individuals who lived with it in 2010 to 115.4 million by 2050. Currently, however, all efforts to cure or effectively treat the disease have failed. Experts believe one explanation for this lack of success could be that the window of opportunity for treating Alzheimer’s has already closed by the time its symptoms manifest.
The Latest on: Alzheimers blood test
via Google News
The Latest on: Alzheimers blood test
- FDA gives breakthrough designation to blood-based test for early prediction of Alzheimer’son January 20, 2022 at 1:33 pm
The FDA has granted breakthrough device designation to Diadem U.S. Inc. for AlzoSure Predict, its blood-based test for early prediction of Alzheimer’s disease. The company’s blood-based biomarker prog ...
- FDA urges doctors to prioritize blood draws as collection tube supplies dwindleon January 20, 2022 at 8:22 am
The agency had previously listed one specific type of blood collection tube in shortage—those containing the anticoagulant sodium citrate, typically identified by a light blue cap. Now, the FDA has ...
- Beyond Aduhelm: Why experts have never felt more optimistic about Alzheimer's treatmentson January 20, 2022 at 4:41 am
Even as the controversial new drug Aduhelm offers hope for those with Alzheimer's, researchers are exploring new kinds of treatment approaches.
- New Blood Test to Predict Early Alzheimer’son January 18, 2022 at 6:46 pm
The first prognostic blood test that can predict the likely progression to Alzheimer’s Disease up to 6 years in advance. Click here if this is your press release! - eTurboNews | Trends | Travel News ...
- FDA Grants Breakthrough Device Designation to Diadem's AlzoSure® Predict Prognostic Blood Test for the Early Prediction of Alzheimer's Diseaseon January 18, 2022 at 3:00 am
Diadem U.S., Inc.,(a subsidiary of Diadem Srl) a company developing the first blood-based test for the early prediction of Alzheimer's disease (AD), today ...
- Alzheimer’s disease: New blood tests offer hopeon January 18, 2022 at 2:05 am
Even in the prime of our lives, while we’re still healthy and clever, our brains may be secretly developing the deadly plaques and tangles of Alzheimer’s disease. The first sign of trouble is memory ...
- Study: COVID-19 patients show more signs of brain damage than people with Alzheimer’son January 17, 2022 at 1:49 pm
A new study reveals older patients contracting COVID have more signs of brain damage than people who develop Alzheimer’s disease.
- COVID-19 patients show more signs of brain damage than people with Alzheimer’s diseaseon January 16, 2022 at 3:45 pm
A new study reveals older patients contracting COVID have more signs of brain damage than people who develop the neurodegenerative disease.
- Predicting Alzheimer’s risk: Why cognitive testing alone may not workon January 14, 2022 at 8:40 am
New research suggests that cognitive testing alone may not be an accurate way of determining a person's risk of developing Alzheimer's disease.
- FDA presses pause on test of Alzheimer’s drug from Denali before study even startson January 13, 2022 at 3:42 pm
The FDA placed a clinical hold on Denali Therapeutics’ application to begin Phase 1 testing of an antibody drug for Alzheimer’s disease. The Denali drug uses the biotech’s proprietary technology to ...
via Bing News