A blood test has the potential to predict Alzheimer’s disease before patients start showing symptoms
In March of this year, a team of Georgetown University scientists published research showing that, for the first time ever, a blood test has the potential to predict Alzheimer’s disease before patients start showing symptoms. AACC is pleased to announce that a late-breaking session at the 2014 AACC Annual Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo in Chicago will expand upon this groundbreaking research and discuss why it could be the key to curing this devastating illness.
According to the World Health Organization, the number of Alzheimer’s patients worldwide is expected to skyrocket from the 35.6 million individuals who lived with it in 2010 to 115.4 million by 2050. Currently, however, all efforts to cure or effectively treat the disease have failed. Experts believe one explanation for this lack of success could be that the window of opportunity for treating Alzheimer’s has already closed by the time its symptoms manifest.
The Latest on: Alzheimers blood test
via Google News
The Latest on: Alzheimers blood test
- Brain cells derived from Alzheimer’s disease patients have multiple specific innate abnormalities in energy metabolismon April 15, 2021 at 10:21 pm
Altered energy metabolism has been implicated both in aging and the pathogenesis of late-onset Alzheimer’s disease (LOAD). However, it is unclear which anomalies are acquired phenotypes and which are ...
- Research shows links between gum disease and Alzheimer'son April 14, 2021 at 11:49 am
New research adds to evidence linking gum disease with Alzheimer's disease. The mouth is home to both harmful bacteria that promote inflammation and healthy, protective bacteria, the study authors ...
- Blood biomarkers as Alzheimer's diagnostic toolon April 12, 2021 at 10:41 pm
Alexis Moscoso: This particular blood test is measuring one of the pathological hallmarks of Alzheimer's disease which is the abnormal aggregation of the tau protein. Alzheimer's disease is ...
- Blood biomarkers as a diagnostic tool for Alzheimer's diseaseon April 12, 2021 at 4:34 am
Alzheimer's disease is hard to diagnose definitively because it relies on seeing particular pathology in the brain - a collection of a protein called amyloid and another called tau around the nerves.
- Promising Blood Test Can Help Treat Depression, Bipolar Disorder: Everything You Need To Knowon April 9, 2021 at 4:27 am
Depression has affected millions of people worldwide. But, here is a good news --new blood test can help treat depression and bipolar disorder.
- Research offers promising blood test for treating depression, bipolar disorderon April 8, 2021 at 10:54 pm
A breakthrough study by Indiana University School of Medicine sheds new light on the biological basis of mood disorders and offers a promising blood test aimed at a precision medicine approach to ...
- Blood test for depression treatmenton April 8, 2021 at 10:26 am
Worldwide 1 in 4 people are suffering from depression While current diagnosis and treatment approaches are largely trial and error a breakthrough study by In ...
- Blood test for depression, bipolar disorderon April 8, 2021 at 9:59 am
Worldwide, 1 in 4 people will suffer from a depressive episode in their lifetime. While current diagnosis and treatment approaches are largely trial and error, a breakthrough study sheds new light on ...
- Researchers develop blood test for depression, bipolar disorderon April 8, 2021 at 6:01 am
From this approach, researchers were then able to demonstrate how to match patients with medications—even finding a new potential medication to treat depression. "Through this w ...
- Blood Test Developed to Detect Depression and Bipolar Disorderon April 8, 2021 at 6:00 am
Worldwide, 1 in 4 people will suffer from a depressive episode in their lifetime. While current diagnosis and treatment approaches are largely trial and error, a breakthrough study by Indiana ...
via Bing News