The scientific progress that has made it possible to dream of a future in which faulty organs could be regrown from stem cells also holds potential as an ethical and greener source for meat.
So say scientists who suggest in the Cell Press journal Trends in Biotechnology that every town or village could one day have its very own small-scale, cultured meat factory.
The Latest on: Cultured meat
via Google News
The Latest on: Cultured meat
- Artificial meat welcomed for its environment benefitson January 27, 2021 at 2:51 am
In an essay titled Fifty Years Hence he published in 1931, he envisioned the meat people would eat in the future. "We shall escape the absurdity of growing a whole chicken in order to eat the breast ...
- Cultured meat start-up Mirai Foods secures $2.4m in fundingon January 26, 2021 at 5:02 am
Swiss start-up Mirai Foods has raised $2.4m in the first tranche of its seed round, to accelerate the commercialisation of its lab-grown meat.
- Diners enjoy world’s first restaurant meal made from lab-grown meaton January 26, 2021 at 12:20 am
Singapore-based restaurant served up real chicken that didn’t require the slaughter of any animals, paving the way for new ideas about how we eat meat.
- Could lab-grown plant tissue ease the environmental toll of logging and agriculture?on January 21, 2021 at 1:49 pm
MIT researchers have proposed a method for growing plant-based materials, like wood and fiber, in a lab. The technology is still in early development but might one day help reduce the environmental ...
- Spain’s BioTech Foods leads €5.2m cultured meat projecton January 21, 2021 at 6:57 am
BioTech Foods has revealed that it is heading a €5.2m cultured meat project that will investigate the potential health benefits of cellular agriculture.
- New approach to cultivated meat promises ‘more natural’ texture, flavoron January 21, 2021 at 4:49 am
Canadian researchers have developed a new form of cultured meat that offers a taste and texture similar to that of traditional meat.
- The region’s ‘first’ incubator for animal-free food technology is preparing for launchon January 20, 2021 at 9:27 am
News Highlights: The region's 'first' incubator for animal-free food technology is preparing for launch This year, AAFPP opens what it says is the first ...
- Spanish government invests €5.2 million in cultured meat projecton January 20, 2021 at 9:05 am
The Spanish government is to invest in a €5.2 million cultured meat project led by The project was selected by the Spanish Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI), which supports ...
- A new approach to cultivated meat promises 'more natural' texture and flavoron January 20, 2021 at 1:59 am
Canadian researchers have developed a new form of cultured meat that offers a taste and texture similar to that of traditional meat. They say this substitute meat that"promises more natural flavor and ...
- Hello Cultured Meat, Goodbye to the Cruelty of Industrial Animal Farmingon January 17, 2021 at 3:30 am
Here’s a technology designed to rehumanize us, putting mankind’s brilliance and ingenuity in service to our gentler side.
via Bing News