The scientific progress that has made it possible to dream of a future in which faulty organs could be regrown from stem cells also holds potential as an ethical and greener source for meat.
So say scientists who suggest in the Cell Press journal Trends in Biotechnology that every town or village could one day have its very own small-scale, cultured meat factory.
The Latest on: Cultured meat
via Google News
The Latest on: Cultured meat
- Spain’s BioTech Foods leads €5.2m cultured meat projecton January 21, 2021 at 6:57 am
BioTech Foods has revealed that it is heading a €5.2m cultured meat project that will investigate the potential health benefits of cellular agriculture.
- New approach to cultivated meat promises ‘more natural’ texture, flavoron January 21, 2021 at 4:49 am
Canadian researchers have developed a new form of cultured meat that offers a taste and texture similar to that of traditional meat.
- The region’s ‘first’ incubator for animal-free food technology is preparing for launchon January 20, 2021 at 9:27 am
News Highlights: The region's 'first' incubator for animal-free food technology is preparing for launch This year, AAFPP opens what it says is the first ...
- Spanish government invests €5.2 million in cultured meat projecton January 20, 2021 at 9:05 am
The Spanish government is to invest in a €5.2 million cultured meat project led by The project was selected by the Spanish Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI), which supports ...
- A new approach to cultivated meat promises 'more natural' texture and flavoron January 20, 2021 at 1:59 am
Canadian researchers have developed a new form of cultured meat that offers a taste and texture similar to that of traditional meat. They say this substitute meat that"promises more natural flavor and ...
- Hello Cultured Meat, Goodbye to the Cruelty of Industrial Animal Farmingon January 17, 2021 at 3:30 am
Here’s a technology designed to rehumanize us, putting mankind’s brilliance and ingenuity in service to our gentler side.
- Global Cultured Meat Market Report-Forecasts to 2026on January 15, 2021 at 2:14 am
The Global Cultured Meat Market registered a high CAGR value of 15 75 percent between 2021 2026 The major market driver supporting the growth of the market is the growing consumption of nutritional ...
- Lab-grown meat: The future of food?on January 13, 2021 at 11:21 pm
Growing your own food may not make you think of a laboratory where animal cells are transformed into cultured meat, but that is exactly what is now being served up, albeit to an elite few. Last month, ...
- Vow Food's seed funding to support cell-cultured meat developmenton January 13, 2021 at 8:12 am
Vow Food, an Australian start-up developing cell-cultured meat, has secured US$6m in a seed funding round. It was led by Square Peg Capital, a venture-capital fund focused on Australia, Israel and ...
- Producer of lab-grown kangaroo meat Vow raises $6m in seed fundingon January 13, 2021 at 3:04 am
Australian cultured meat company Vow Food has secured $6m in a seed funding round to further develop its exotic lab-grown meats.
via Bing News