It could be the most important portable power plant you’ve never heard of.
It’s called the “Power Pallet” and it is essentially a combined biomass refinery and generator that fits on a single pallet and can kick out up to 20 kilowatts of electricity.
Basically, the Power Pallet works by burning available biomass, but before the fuel is fully combusted, the resulting flammable gases like hydrogen and carbon monoxide are spirited away to be used instead as fuel in a General Motors engine that works as an electrical generator. Walnut shells are among the best sources of biomass fuel that require the least amount of operation and maintenance supervision with a Power Pallet. Wood chips and coconut shells are next best and corn cobs or palm kernel shells are the most difficult to use.
The Latest on: Biomass generator
via Google News
The Latest on: Biomass generator
- Drax to build three biomass pellet plants in Arkansason May 7, 2021 at 3:00 am
Drax has unveiled plans for the construction of three new biomass pellet plants in the US state of Arkansas. The projects combined are forecast to produce approximately 120,000 tonnes of what they ...
- £28m sawmill pellet plants investment by Drax as it boosts Stateside supplyon May 7, 2021 at 2:28 am
Power giant Drax is further enhancing its biomass supply with the construction of three new pellet plants in the US. Sawmill residues will be used to produce 120,000 tonnes of the energy feedstock ...
- Drax Group will build three wood pellet plants in state, with first in Leolaon May 6, 2021 at 1:20 pm
Drax Group will begin constructing the first of three new “satellite” wood pellet plants in Arkansas, the company announced Thursday.
- Biomass strategy: BEIS call for evidence on contribution to net zeroon May 6, 2021 at 4:00 am
Article for members covering the recently announced call for evidence on the contribution of Biomass to the national net zero ambition and how sustainably sourced biomass fuels can contribute towards ...
- Opinion/Green Sense: Biomass and the Renewable Portfolio Standardon May 5, 2021 at 12:03 pm
Massachusetts took a first step to determine when and whether to call biomass a renewable fuel under its Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS). “Biomass” is renewable organic material from plants and ...
- Deaths linked to soot from gas, biomass overtake coalon May 5, 2021 at 11:25 am
Coal-fired power generation and its notoriously dirty emissions are rapidly declining, but the potential health gains from cleaner air are being stymied by biomass burning and combustion sources, ...
- Natural gas and wood are replacing coal as the biggest pollutantson May 4, 2021 at 11:00 pm
As coal plants across the United States shutter and stop pouring harmful pollutants into the air, the health effects from all those emissions have eased, saving thousands of lives. But less pollution ...
- Biomass Power Generation Market Size 2021 with CAGR of 0.05, Top Countries Data, Share Estimation, Challenges, Business Opportunitieson May 4, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Biomass Power Generation Market Size 2021 with CAGR of 0.05, Top Countries Data, Share Estimation, Challenges, Business Opportunities . Posted on May 4 ...
- Biomass, black carbon geothermal, and One Belt and One Road!on May 3, 2021 at 3:12 am
According to a recent paper published in Energy Policy reports that a biomass resource model developed by a UK-based school shows “that indigenous biomass resources and energy crops could service up ...
- Clean Energy Technologies, Inc. Enters MOU for $15M Biomass Renewable Energy Projecton May 2, 2021 at 11:03 pm
The MOU, which is subject to the execution of definitive agreements, provides the CETY project with rights to feedstock.
via Bing News