A team of researchers from NUS’ Faculty of Engineering has developed a cost-effective solution for the control of indoor air pollution, especially from the haze.
The development of this system is timely in light of the World Health Organization’s (WHO) recent news on the risks of inhalation of particulate matter measuring less than 2.5 microns (PM2.5), which has been linked to a range of cardiovascular and respiratory ailments, including cancer. The new system is easy to use and ideal for use in a range of indoor environments.
Essentially, the invention developed by the NUS team, led by Associate Professor Jeff Obbard from the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, is a filtration system that is designed for use with a domestic ventilation fan to remove PM2.5 from indoor air. The system is also able to reduce levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that are typically associated with the odour from haze pollution.
Assoc Prof Obbard said: “In Singapore, we typically spend about 90 per cent of our time indoors, and we have successfully commercialised this research discovery so that everyone can benefit from a cost-efficient way of swiftly and effectively reducing PM2.5 pollutants in indoor air.”
The Latest on: Indoor air pollution
via Google News
The Latest on: Indoor air pollution
- Universal PropTech Signs Distribution Agreement to Sell Canaree(TM) Indoor Air Quality Monitoring Solution from Piera Systemson July 7, 2021 at 7:51 am
Universal PropTech Inc. is pleased to announce that the Company has entered into a distribution agreement with Piera Systems Inc. to market, sell and distribute its Canāree™ family of indoor air ...
- Global Air Quality Monitoring Market (2021 to 2026) - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact and Forecast - ResearchAndMarkets.comon July 7, 2021 at 4:32 am
Indoor air quality monitor is a device used to determine ... Due to the large-scale industrialization in emerging countries like China and India etc. and the stringency of air pollution regulations ...
- Clean, cool indoor air: Portable air conditioners, fans and air purifiers are on saleon July 5, 2021 at 10:11 am
Allergy Buyers Club has air purifiers on sale and free shipping. Save 42% off the UP3000 UltraPure Air Cleaner (was $1,299, now $749). Dyson cooling air purifiers, air purifiers w ...
- Air purifying indoor plants: Upgrade and refresh your space with greeneryon July 5, 2021 at 5:21 am
We all know indoor plants can instantly elevate the aesthetics of a space, but green plants can have many more benefits beyond looking great. Green plants indoors are known to purify air by absorbing ...
- How IoT Adoption Will Protect Humans from Air Pollution’on July 3, 2021 at 7:49 pm
Emma Okonji IoT Africa, a Tranter Group of Companies, facilitating the growth and penetration of Internet of Things (IoTs), has said the rapid expansion of Lagos, Nigeria’s economic hub, has ...
- Study Investigates Possible Neolithic Indoor Air Pollutionon July 1, 2021 at 10:47 am
According to a statement released by Newcastle University, environmental engineers assisted archaeologists with testing the possible air quality experienced by people who lived in the dwellings at ...
- Prehistoric air pollutionon July 1, 2021 at 2:07 am
Domestic burning of wood and dung fuels in Neolithic homes would have exceeded internationally-agreed standards for indoor air quality, exposing inhabitants to unsafe levels of particulates.
- Broan-NuTone® Develops the First Cloud-Connected, Whole-Home Indoor Air Quality Systemon June 30, 2021 at 11:34 am
Over the past year, Americans have drastically changed the way they live, from increased cleaning to a heightened concern about ...
- Prehistoric homes would have failed modern air quality testson June 30, 2021 at 10:10 am
Domestic burning of wood and dung fuels in Neolithic homes would have exceeded modern internationally-agreed standards for indoor air quality, exposing inhabitants to unsafe levels of particulates.
- New Carrier Smart Air Purifier with HEPA Filter Allows Homeowners to Monitor Indoor Air Quality from Anywhereon June 30, 2021 at 8:00 am
Carrier has launched its new Wi-Fi-enabled smart air purifier, a simple, cost-effective way to improve the quality of indoor air in almost ...
via Bing News