Tiny capsules with different substances on their surface could be useful in medicine and materials technology
Hollow capsules that have a selectively permeable shell are promising candidates as tiny containers for molecules, particles or bubbles, and are becoming increasingly important in a wide variety of applications. But making these kinds of capsules with more than one kind of substance on their shells has been challenging – until now.
Hollow capsules with two or more substances on their surface are able to organize themselves in specific ways, which means they could be used to grow human skin or other body tissues, or to make porous tissues and composites. They can also be used to transport a variety of substances and release them in specific environments.
The Latest on: Patchy capsules
via Google News
The Latest on: Patchy capsules
- Retro: Baltimore has seen price gouging and shortages before. Here’s a look back at the supply chain during World War I.on May 26, 2022 at 2:10 am
In both cases, Rees said, “the supply is very patchy, and prices can get very high.” Another aspect is the issue’s global nature, he said. “It’s a global problem in World War I, and it’s a global ...
- NuLeaf Naturals To Present a Suite of Superior CBD Products at White Label World Expoon May 25, 2022 at 12:50 pm
The market leader of premium hemp extracts is the contract manufacturer for two CBD brands that will be exhibiting at this week's White Label World Expo "Blessed CBD and FAB CBD are two brands ...
- S.Korean Naver's robotics ambitions challenged by 5G on-the-ground realitieson May 24, 2022 at 10:44 pm
On weekdays, South Korean tech company Naver Corp's new headquarters near Seoul resembles a scene straight out of a science-fiction movie, with some 40 robots ambling across floors and delivering ...
- Acute loss of Vision due to Severe Bilateral Uveitis as the Presenting Symptom of Crohn's Diseaseon May 20, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Multiple prepyloric erosions were reported on endoscopy of the upper gastrointestinal tract, in addition to patchy areas of gastric ... budesonide ileal-release capsules (9 mg once daily every ...
- CHMP Backs Approval of Lilly/Incyte's Olumiant For Patchy Hair Losson May 20, 2022 at 2:59 pm
Science produced some wonderful news this week for members of the Mesocricetus auratus community -- more commonly known as hamsters. Data on a preclinical trial of Vaxart's (VXRT) oral and ...
- Patchy fog possible this morning; Summer-like heat tomorrowon May 19, 2022 at 12:33 am
TODAY: Some spotty fog could develop this morning. Sunshine and scattered clouds today. Highs in the low to mid-80s which is warmer than normal. Dry day but into the night some passing showers and ...
- Hereditary Palmoplantar Keratoderma: A Rare Case Report—Pachyonychia Congenitaon May 2, 2022 at 5:00 pm
A 10-year-old Caucasian girl presented with history of patchy thicken palms and soles ... and oral retinoids (decutan capsules 20 mg which contains the active substance isotretinoin).
- 7 best fake tan removers for fixing fiascos and priming skinon April 28, 2022 at 8:09 am
Perfect for when your skin starts to resemble tiger bread, erasers are a quick-fix for erasing patchy areas before heading out or for removing a full-body layer of tan before applying a new one.
- A colourful view of the origin of dinosaur featherson April 19, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Read the paper: Pterosaur melanosomes support signalling functions for early feathers Moreover, the feathers contain structures called melanosomes — capsules in feathers or hairs in which the ...
- Pictures from space! Our image of the dayon September 8, 2021 at 8:56 am
Tuesday, March 31, 2020: While most spiral galaxies have clearly defined arms the twist around a galactic core, others have patchy spiral ... NASA's Orion crew capsule floats behind the USS ...
via Bing News