From eco-dancefloors to ocean waves: Wherever there is movement, there is energy.
According to Wang, tribo-electric technology may eventually provide the means to generate much larger amounts of electricity from a broader range of sources including waves, walking, urban traffic and even, potentially, rainfall. Wang’s team has developed a prototype generator which, they say, solves many of the challenges of turning random, sometimes unpredictable movement into usable power.
Their prototype comprises a disc about 10 centimetres (four inches) across, designed to show the potential from a small, portable generator moved by ambient energy. Inside are two circular sheets of material, one an electron “donor” and the other an electron “receiver,” brought together through rotary movement. If the sheets are separated, one then holds an electrical charge isolated by the gap between them.
The Latest on: Tribo-electric
via Google News
The Latest on: Tribo-electric
- Latest from Power Managementon April 11, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Researchers at the School of Materials Science and Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology are harvesting energy using triboelectric effect technology, or contact electrification.
- Paper Keyboard Is Self-Poweredon April 10, 2021 at 4:59 pm
Special inks print triboelectric circuits so that pressing your finger on a particular part of the paper generates electricity. We were skeptical that the Bluetooth part is self-powered ...
- A First-Principles Study of Electro-Mechanical Coupling in Triboelectric Nanogeneratorson April 6, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Thus, a complete and integrated project consisting of experiments, theory and simulations will be presented for triboelectrification and triboelectric nanogenerators.
- Haptic-feedback smart glove as a creative human-machine interface (HMI) for virtual/augmented reality applicationson April 5, 2021 at 5:00 pm
We propose the haptic-feedback smart glove with triboelectric-based finger bending sensors, palm sliding sensor, and piezoelectric mechanical stimulators. The detection of multidirectional bending and ...
- Focus of studies on optimally utilizing solar energy to bring transformation across the globeon March 30, 2021 at 3:10 am
One of the research studies that would help in utilizing the solar energy optimally is a snow-based triboelectric nanogenerator, which can help in providing uninterrupted power supply to solar ...
- News tagged with triboelectric nanogeneratoron March 29, 2021 at 7:39 am
Multifunctional and diverse artificial neural systems can incorporate multimodal plasticity, memory and supervised learning functions to assist neuromorphic computation. In a new report, Jinran Yu ...
- Scientists propose highly reliable thermal power generatoron March 25, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Chinese scientists have proposed a highly reliable thermal power generator by combining thermoacoustic effect and triboelectric effect. The latest research, published online in Applied Physics ...
- CUHK team develops water-based TENGon March 21, 2021 at 6:33 pm
Researchers at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) have developed a water-tube-based triboelectric nanogenerator (TENG) for energy harvesting. Multiple small WT-TENG units can be easily ...
- A triboelectric nanogenerator for efficient ocean wave energy harvestingon March 18, 2021 at 7:52 am
The nanogenerator, including piezoelectric, triboelectric, and pyroelectric nanogenerators, is one of the key technologies for mechanical energy conversion. The triboelectric nanogenerator (TENG) ...
- Leading blue energy revolutionon March 18, 2021 at 7:27 am
The nanogenerator, including piezoelectric, triboelectric, and pyroelectric nanogenerators, is one of the key technologies for mechanical energy conversion. The triboelectric nanogenerator (TENG ...
via Bing News