This system allows users to charge their vehicle from any plug
The Instituto Tecnológico de la Energía (ITE) in Spain has developed the first mobile charging system for electric vehicles. This system allows users to charge their vehicle from any plug -not just from a specifically designed one- as long as it has been previously authorised by an electric power company.
The PREMISE project aims to update the recharging process and make it quicker through a mobile system, one that no longer requires installing a charging point but can use a normal household plug.
The security of the system was one of the challenges overcome by the partners both in the field of operation of the networks, as in possible fraud of energy. These issues have been solved through the accurate identification of both the user and the authorised supply point and checking that it is an electric vehicle that is being recharged.
The project’s main elements have consisted of the creation of an authorised charging point so that the distribution company can supervise and control the action and the creation of a mobile recharge suitcase that permits the connection to the network and the access to the power supply.
The system has been validated recently at ITE’s facilities in Valencia using the first PREMISA prototype and a Renault Fluence electric vehicle.
The project has been developed by Uriarte Safybox, Zigor Corporation and the Instituto Tecnológico de la Energía and has received a grant of 800,000 euros from the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, through FEDER funds (INNPACTO programme).
The Latest on: EV charging system
via Google News
The Latest on: EV charging system
- Schneider Electric Launches EcoStruxure for eMobility in Buildings, an End-to-End EV Charging Solution for Sustainable All-Electric Mobilityon May 27, 2022 at 6:49 am
Schneider Electric, the leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation announced the launch of a new EV charging solution for efficient, resilient, and sustainable electric ...
- Fuel For Thought: The Dynamics Of EV Charging And Its Impacts On The Broader Electrification Of Mobilityon May 26, 2022 at 1:35 am
The automotive electrification outlook is an amalgamation of many intertwined factors from vehicle technologies and infrastructure availability to consumer sentiments and OEM partnerships. While there ...
- GM Files Patent For EV With Dual Charging Portson May 25, 2022 at 8:03 am
Now, GM may be, to an extent, bringing that idea into the electric age. The company has filed a patent for an electric vehicle with multiple charging ports that could allow owners more freedom of ...
- Rivian Patents Automated EV Charging Connectoron May 24, 2022 at 3:25 pm
which then automatically closes the door covering the charging port. Then the system moves on to charge the next vehicle, all with the need for human intervention. “Relying on humans to plug in an ...
- Noodoe EV Announces True Simultaneous Charging - Company's Exceed DC Series Chargers Offer Two Simultaneous Charging Ports For The Price of Oneon May 24, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Noodoe EV, a global leader in EV charging technology, announces the introduction of simultaneous charging on its Exceed DC series of chargers. The announcement was made by Noodoe CEO Jennifer ...
- Mobile EV charging can eliminate "charging deserts": SparkCharge CEOon May 24, 2022 at 11:50 am
Buffalo, New York-based startup SparkCharge thinks it has the answer to the EV charging problem — bringing the charging directly to the customer, wherever they may be.
- GM Files Patent For Dual Charge Port System For EVson May 24, 2022 at 11:24 am
GM has filed a patent application for a device described as “Adaptive Fast-Charging Of Multi-Pack Battery System In A Mobile Platform Having Dual Charge Ports.” The device outlined in the patent ...
- EVs are coming in a big way – Will charging infrastructure be ready?on May 24, 2022 at 10:44 am
Significant investment is needed to develop the EV charging infrastructure required to keep pace with the rapid growth in EV adoption.
- Wireless Electric Vehicle Charging Market Revenue, Growth Factors, Trends, Key Companies, Forecast To 2030on May 24, 2022 at 2:30 am
Therefore, evolution in this segment has been constant. The market is witnessing the rising demand for a new automated conductive electric vehicle charging system that can eliminate the need for ...
- Firm Eyes Frictionless EV Chargingon May 23, 2022 at 12:08 am
One of the biggest obstacles to widespread electric vehicle adoption in the United States is a lack of charging infrastructure to keep the vehicles powered up and on the road. A spate of startups has ...
via Bing News