Watch Your Privacy harnesses open data from cameras around the world and lets wearers configure their own “safe zones.”
A new Google Glass app called Watch Your Privacy lets wearers know if there are surveillance cameras around them and lets them create their own “safe zones” where they can steer clear of the view of these cameras.
Developed by Dutch new media artist Sander Veenhof, the app uses open data from surveillance cameras around the world to locate cameras. The app also maps other Google Glass users in the area as well.
The Latest on: Personal Privacy
via Google News
The Latest on: Personal Privacy
- Florida Data Privacy Billon March 2, 2021 at 2:37 pm
Florida may soon join the growing number of states that have enacted comprehensive consumer privacy legislation. Backed by Governor Ron DeSantis, Florida House Bill 969 (HB 969) would create ...
- Virginia governor signs comprehensive data privacy lawon March 2, 2021 at 2:24 pm
Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) signed the Consumer Data Protection Act on Tuesday, making Virginia the second state in the U.S. to pass a comprehensive data privacy law.
- Apple’s New Privacy Initiativeon March 2, 2021 at 12:17 pm
Apple’s tracking-optional iOS 14.5 update provides privacy-preserving features, giving users the ability to opt-out of being followed around the ...
- Americans Divided on COVID "Health Passports", Cite Privacy / Data Exposure as a Top Concernon March 2, 2021 at 10:10 am
- DIP Design Is Personal Announces Details For DIP Color Paint's Revolutionary Product Packagingon March 2, 2021 at 7:48 am
DIP Design Is Personal, a leading Do It Yourself (DIY) style and home improvement brand, today announces product packaging details for its recently launched DIP Color Paint line. With the new paint ...
- Genetec solutions help ensure organizations don’t have to choose between privacy and securityon March 2, 2021 at 7:09 am
Combining powerful tools and responsible practices, Genetec solutions support privacy and security simultaneously to build public trust and support compliance with privacy laws Pierre Racz, President, ...
- Arlo Essential Indoor Camera With Automated Privacy Shield For Added Peace Of Mind Now Availableon March 2, 2021 at 5:08 am
Arlo Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ARLO), a leading smart home security brand, today announced its all-new Essential Indoor Camera is now available for those who want superior video surveillance and ...
- CBP Attempts to Mitigate Privacy Risks Created by New Customs Appon March 1, 2021 at 5:11 pm
CBP One will become the primary public-facing portal for a number of customs programs and services. But any new data collection effort brings privacy risks.
- Utah lawmakers mostly behind a passel of personal privacy bills, but time’s running shorton February 28, 2021 at 11:29 am
New rules bolstering personal digital privacy protections are alive and well in the 2021 Utah legislative session, but for some of the proposals, five days to the finish line may not be enough time.
- FCN Investigates Privacy Breach: Personal Information found on side of roadon February 22, 2021 at 7:53 pm
A viewer contacted our On Your Side Team to investigate how social security numbers, birthdates and personal health information ended up alongside a busy road.
via Bing News