Watch Your Privacy harnesses open data from cameras around the world and lets wearers configure their own “safe zones.”
A new Google Glass app called Watch Your Privacy lets wearers know if there are surveillance cameras around them and lets them create their own “safe zones” where they can steer clear of the view of these cameras.
Developed by Dutch new media artist Sander Veenhof, the app uses open data from surveillance cameras around the world to locate cameras. The app also maps other Google Glass users in the area as well.
The Latest on: Personal Privacy
via Google News
The Latest on: Personal Privacy
- Penny Knatchbull Had A 'Highly Personal' Relationship With Prince Philip For Decadeson August 23, 2021 at 1:16 pm
The Crown' will reportedly examine the very personal relationship between Prince Philip and Penny Knatchbull in its upcoming season.
- Beijing reasserting control of businesses through new privacy law. Is it just PR?on August 23, 2021 at 10:01 am
The new bill targets companies that over-collect private information, that scrape faces without authorization and those who secretly obtain biometric data.
- Ansell Grimm Center Provides Notice of Privacy Incidenton August 23, 2021 at 9:00 am
Therefore, in an abundance of caution, Ansell Grimm reviewed the impacted email accounts to identify personal information within those accounts. This review was recently completed and Ansell Grimm ...
- Liquor Prohibition Yet To Be Tested In Context Of Personal Food Preferences Within Right To Privacy: Gujarat High Courton August 23, 2021 at 7:30 am
The High Court held as maintainable petitions challenging the Gujarat Prohibition Act. The Gujarat High Court has observed that the law prohibiting the use and consumption of intoxicating liquor has ...
- Time to rethink the privacy of personal data on mobile deviceson August 23, 2021 at 6:31 am
Stop to think before you act. This is an incredibly useful advice that can be applied to a number of situations. In an era of ubiquitous mobile devices and platforms, the timeless advice should be ...
- China passes law to protect personal data privacyon August 23, 2021 at 6:23 am
China's National People's Congress, passed a new law Friday that aims to protect individuals' privacy on Friday. Under the Personal Information Protection Law (PIPL), when personal information ...
- Ohio wants to set the standard for personal data privacy lawson August 22, 2021 at 1:00 am
A proposed state bill would recognize personal data as a commodity and give consumers the right to restrict how it is saved and sold, while also providing legal protections for businesses.
- China passes new privacy law aimed at protecting users’ personal dataon August 21, 2021 at 9:08 am
China has passed a new privacy law aimed at protecting users’ personal data, state media reported. The new law comes as Chinese tech firms have come under renewed scrutiny in the country, and sets ...
- China passes new personal data privacy law effective November 1on August 20, 2021 at 11:15 am
China's top legislature has passed a law to protect personal information, effective November 1, in an effort to further regulate cyberspace with more compliance requirements for companies in the ...
- China passes strict data privacy law protecting personal dataon August 20, 2021 at 8:38 am
China’s top legislative body on Friday passed a new data privacy law that places limits on companies’ collection of personal user data, the latest action in the government’s ongoing efforts to tighten ...
via Bing News