A new nanotechnology that doubles the life of smartphone, laptop and electric-vehicle batteries even after being charged and discharged more than 1,000 times
A new nanotechnology that doubles the life of smartphone, laptop and electric-vehicle batteries even after being charged and discharged more than 1,000 times has been developed by researchers at the University of Limerick.
The breakthrough means the research team could be tapping into a market estimated to be worth US$53.7bn by 2020.
“We have developed a new germanium nanowire-based anode that has the ability to greatly increase the capacity and lifetimes of lithium-ion batteries,” said lead researcher Dr Kevin Ryan.
The research published by the journal Nano Letters outlines the findings.
“This breakthrough is important for mobile computing and telecoms but also for the emerging electric-vehicle market, allowing for smaller and lighter batteries that can hold more charge for longer and maintain this performance over the lifetime of the product.”
Small is the next big thing
The research team has also ensured its nanotechnology solution is scalable, low-cost and low-energy, making the technology both greener and commercially viable.
The Latest on: Battery life
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Battery life” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Battery life
- 5 habits which may be draining your iPhone battery lifeon November 19, 2022 at 5:59 am
Charging your iPhone overnight and leaving your screen face-up are two problems that will cause your battery life to degrade over time ...
- Blink Video Doorbell With 2-Year Battery Life Is Crazy Cheap At Just $34.99on November 18, 2022 at 5:03 am
A massive 30% discount is currently available on the Blink Video Doorbell. The hardware comes complete with two-way audio and impressive HD video. The ongoing discount lowers the doorbell's price to ...
- Sony Xperia 10 IV review: Incredible battery life in a compact packageon November 16, 2022 at 3:08 pm
Sounds brilliant to me. Fortunately, Sony's found its own niche, as the Xperia 10 IV offers superior battery life to all of those rivals, while including a lot of conveniences like headphone and SD ...
- Your laptop’s battery life may be dropping faster than you thinkon November 16, 2022 at 3:30 am
But there’s another, more compelling reason that’s largely ignored: Your laptop’s battery life will become significantly worse as time goes by. How much your laptop’s battery life will diminish ...
- These Best Battery Life Smartphones Make Sure You Get All-Day Results Without a Rechargeon November 15, 2022 at 9:29 pm
One area that has a significant influence on a buying decision is how much battery life they offer. Let’s face it, the last thing you need to worry about is running out of gas halfway through your ...
- How to improve battery life on Google's Pixel 7 & Pixel 7 Proon November 15, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Battery life on the Google Pixel 7 series isn’t the best, but it’s also not the worst. For most people, it’s going to get you through the day without any issues. But if you need a bit more ...
- Asus’ Steven Harrington Vivobook is a cool-looking laptop with uncool battery lifeon November 15, 2022 at 12:00 pm
The Vivobook 13 Slate Steven Harrington Edition is a 13.3-inch OLED tablet (already an atypical combination). It’s one of two limited-edition Slate OLED models released in collaboration with popular ...
- Pixel Watch Vs Apple Watch Battery Life Test: Not Even A Conteston November 15, 2022 at 9:30 am
except for one thing. The battery life on the watch is, to put it politely, suboptimal. As I noted, I've been wearing the Pixel watch for two weeks, and I never got 24 hours out of the watch.
- How to improve AirPods battery lifeon November 11, 2022 at 7:50 am
Apple’s AirPods wireless earbuds have what you might call a primary battery life of around six hours, before you have to put them back in their case for charging. That’s time when you can’t listen to ...
- Android phones with the best battery life 2022on November 7, 2022 at 3:04 am
Some of the best Android phones also have the best battery life. What good is your phone if the battery dies too soon? If you use your phone hard and don't have the option to charge throughout the ...
via Bing News