A micro-CHP system is a small heat engine that provides all the power for a home: heating, ventilation, air conditioning and electricity.
Many times, the electricity generated can be sold to the grid using the natural gas that gets to the houses. Tecnalia is working in a system that consists of two parts: a reactor to produce heat and hydrogen from natural gas, and a fuel cell that converts hydrogen to electricity.
The initiative ReforCELL develops a novel more efficient and cheaper multi-fuel membrane reformer for pure hydrogen production in order to intensify the process of hydrogen production through the integration of reforming and purification in one single unit. The process intensification (PI) will probably be the next revolution in the chemical industry. It consists in the development of chemical engineering leading to a substantially stronger, cleaner, safer, smaller and more efficient technology.
The Latest on: Fuel Cell Co-Generation
via Google News
The Latest on: Fuel Cell Co-Generation
- Andrew Forrest on how green hydrogen offers a chance to fix our climate and our economyon January 21, 2021 at 8:40 am
Green hydrogen gives Australia an opportunity to slash our emissions — and if we get this right, the impact could be nothing short of nation-building, argues business leader Andrew Forrest.
- The Dark Side Of Solar Poweron January 20, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Mining quartz for silicon causes the lung disease silicosis, and the production of solar cells uses a lot of energy, water, and toxic chemicals. The other issue is that solar cells have a guanteed ...
- Siemens to build Europe's first close-to-series fuel-cell power planton January 19, 2021 at 4:00 pm
The first standard product that Siemens PG intends to market will be the "CHP 250" system (combined heat and power, that is cogeneration, with a capacity of 250 kW); at a later date the range of ...
- Study Says Global Green Hydrogen Production to Skyrocket 57% to 2030on January 19, 2021 at 8:14 am
Increasing concerns about carbon emissions and the need to decarbonize the industrial, commercial, transport, and power sectors have forced countries to reduce their dependency on fossil fuel-based ...
- Fuel cells: modern alchemy that workson January 18, 2021 at 9:49 am
Until then, rhetoric from EU leaders and Commission President Romano Prodi will not help to bring fuel cells out of the labs and into the European marketplace, he says. A case in point is a draft ...
- FuelCell Energy Awarded Patent For Its High Efficient Direct FuelCell/Turbine Systemon January 14, 2021 at 4:00 pm
a developer and manufacturer of Direct FuelCell(R) (DFC(R)) power plants, announced today that it has received U.S. patent, #6,365,290, titled, "High Efficiency Fuel Cell System ... gases into ...
- Global Commercial Cogeneration System Market 2020 Analysis of Key Trend, Industry Dynamics and Future Growth 2025on January 5, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Jan 06, 2021 (CDN Newswire via Comtex) -- Global Commercial Cogeneration System Market Growth ... Reciprocating Engine, Fuel Cell, Microturbine, In market segmentation by application, the report ...
- Dye Sensitized Solar Cells: 3rd Gen Photovoltaics & Their Projections for Growth | Dr. Harry Zervos, IDTechExon January 4, 2021 at 4:00 pm
In this issue of EL Analysts, Dr. Harry Zervos of IDTechEx explores the advent of third generation solar cells and their potential for reaching even lower costs than silicon and thin film platforms ...
- 2020: A Year of Reckoning for Competitive Generatorson January 2, 2021 at 8:02 pm
Its membership comprises global and domestic generators which develop and own a diverse array of fossil fuel, renewables ... combined-cycle cogeneration plant in Pittsburg, California.
- Search Resultson December 31, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Companies that refine crude oil into fuel are increasingly aiming to make a renewable version of diesel that can significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions without requiring families and ...
via Bing News