A micro-CHP system is a small heat engine that provides all the power for a home: heating, ventilation, air conditioning and electricity.
Many times, the electricity generated can be sold to the grid using the natural gas that gets to the houses. Tecnalia is working in a system that consists of two parts: a reactor to produce heat and hydrogen from natural gas, and a fuel cell that converts hydrogen to electricity.
The initiative ReforCELL develops a novel more efficient and cheaper multi-fuel membrane reformer for pure hydrogen production in order to intensify the process of hydrogen production through the integration of reforming and purification in one single unit. The process intensification (PI) will probably be the next revolution in the chemical industry. It consists in the development of chemical engineering leading to a substantially stronger, cleaner, safer, smaller and more efficient technology.
The Latest on: Fuel Cell Co-Generation
via Google News
The Latest on: Fuel Cell Co-Generation
- Andrew Forrest on how green hydrogen offers a chance to fix our climate and our economyon January 21, 2021 at 8:40 am
Green hydrogen gives Australia an opportunity to slash our emissions — and if we get this right, the impact could be nothing short of nation-building, argues business leader Andrew Forrest.
- Study Says Global Green Hydrogen Production to Skyrocket 57% to 2030on January 19, 2021 at 8:14 am
Increasing concerns about carbon emissions and the need to decarbonize the industrial, commercial, transport, and power sectors have forced countries to reduce their dependency on fossil fuel-based ...
- The Dark Side Of Solar Poweron January 18, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Mining quartz for silicon causes the lung disease silicosis, and the production of solar cells uses a lot of energy, water, and toxic chemicals. The other issue is that solar cells have a guanteed ...
- Fuel cells: modern alchemy that workson January 18, 2021 at 9:49 am
Until then, rhetoric from EU leaders and Commission President Romano Prodi will not help to bring fuel cells out of the labs and into the European marketplace, he says. A case in point is a draft ...
- FuelCell Energy Awarded Patent For Its High Efficient Direct FuelCell/Turbine Systemon January 14, 2021 at 4:00 pm
a developer and manufacturer of Direct FuelCell(R) (DFC(R)) power plants, announced today that it has received U.S. patent, #6,365,290, titled, "High Efficiency Fuel Cell System ... gases into ...
- Global Commercial Cogeneration System Market 2020 Analysis of Key Trend, Industry Dynamics and Future Growth 2025on January 6, 2021 at 12:25 pm
The market can be segmented into various types and applications. The report has analyzed all the type and application segments based on present and future trends and the global Commercial Cogeneration ...
- 2020: A Year of Reckoning for Competitive Generatorson January 2, 2021 at 8:02 pm
Its membership comprises global and domestic generators which develop and own a diverse array of fossil fuel, renewables ... combined-cycle cogeneration plant in Pittsburg, California.
- EMCOR announces new energy contractson December 29, 2020 at 4:00 pm
The three-year contract includes inspections and verifications of technologies such as photovoltaics, fuel cells, wind, micro-turbines and more conventional cogeneration systems. The U.S. General ...
- FERC Adopts Expanded Definition of Cogeneration QFs to Include Certain Fuel Cell Systemson December 22, 2020 at 3:25 pm
PURPA provides for two categories of QFs: small power production facilities that rely on renewable energy input and are subject to size limitations and cogeneration facilities. PURPA directed ...
- Siemens to build Europe's first close-to-series fuel-cell power planton December 13, 2020 at 4:00 pm
The first standard product that Siemens PG intends to market will be the "CHP 250" system (combined heat and power, that is cogeneration, with a capacity of 250 kW); at a later date the range of ...
via Bing News