This innovation will further unlock the potential of LED integration into surfaces and adds an exciting dimension to interior design and space planning.
The solution will transform the way people interact with information and their environment in offices, hotels, conference centers and other public buildings.
These LED light emitting carpets will provide many benefits in the areas of information, direction, inspiration and safety, such as:
- Guiding people around buildings, including safety exits and routes
- Enhancing the ambiance and atmosphere of the interior of buildings combining lighting with design and colour
- Helping to de-clutter spaces by making information visible only when needed
The solution is designed for high traffic areas and comes in different colors, shapes and sizes – enabling highly flexible application of the new technology.
“This light transmissive carpet solution is designed to engage directly with people’s senses and the eyes’ natural inclination to seek out light. The technology takes advantage of people’s tendency to be guided by the floor when moving through and interacting with space. It brings information, direction, inspiration and safety via the carpet you walk on. This partnership of market leaders is focused on bringing meaningful innovations to the market.” said Ed Huibers, Marketing and Sales Director, at Philips Lighting.
Desso CEO Alexander Collot d’Escury adds: “We know people spend 90% of their time indoors and our vision linked to this is to create innovative flooring solutions that contribute to people’s health and wellbeing. This new solution developed with our partner Philips, meets this need and offers exciting ways to enhance the interaction between the interior space and its users.”
The partnership is an agreement to work exclusively together in developing the markets in EMEA. In addition to this, a joint development agreement has been signed focusing on a seamless integration of this solution into new and existing buildings.
The Latest on: Light transmissive carpets
- Old Fashioned TVs are Still Greeneston December 13, 2021 at 7:10 am
LCDs have “transmissive” displays because there is an independent light source, a bulb, behind the screen which shines through the liquid crystals to create the display. The very latest ...
via Bing News
The Latest on: LED lighting
- Natalie's MS journey and how it led to the Black MS Foundationon January 18, 2022 at 3:07 am
The Black MS Foundation provides a platform for black people and people of colour with MS to share their experiences, meet others and raise awareness. We caught up with Founder, Natalie to hear about ...
- Infinix INBook X2 with 10th-Gen Intel Core CPUs, Webcam with Dual-LED Lights Launchedon January 18, 2022 at 1:34 am
Infinix has launched the INBook X2 laptop with 10th-Gen Intel Core CPUs, dual-LED lights with the webcam, Windows 11, and more.
- Human Centric Lighting Market Demand to Reach USD 7,641.9 Million by 2027 | Emergen Researchon January 17, 2022 at 11:23 pm
The market research report on Human Centric Lighting Market, samples and measures quality data on the overall business environment for the forecast period ...
- Altea wall light by Astro Lightingon January 17, 2022 at 6:00 am
British brand Astro Lighting has launched the Altea wall light, which has an elongated linear opal glass diffuser that sits elegantly beside a bathroom mirror. Astro Lighting designed the Altea 360 ...
- LED Lighting Market Trends 2022: In-Depth Analysis Of Market Growth & Forecast Up To 2031on January 15, 2022 at 12:21 am
In its research report, Market Research Future (MRFR), emphasizes that over the review period, the Global LED Lighting Market 2022 is projected to rise exponentially, ensuring a significant market ...
- Column: LED light therapy promotes plump, younger-looking skinon January 12, 2022 at 12:00 am
We read and hear about it in the media, and it is increasingly popular in the skincare industry as well as physicians’ offices: Medical-grade LED light therapy is proving to ...
- Logitech Reveals Its Litra Glow LED Video Streaming Lighton January 12, 2022 at 12:00 am
Logitech is entering the video lighting market with its new Litra Glow system which is software controllable and has cinematic color accuracy suitable for all skin tones and safe for day-long use.
- What are led lights for cars headlightson January 11, 2022 at 10:33 pm
LEDs appeal to automakers and consumers for several reasons: they are brighter than halogen headlights and generally cast a wider pattern, and they use less energy, last longer, and are whiter than ...
- 5 Best LED Grow Lights Under $500: Your Buyer’s Guideon January 11, 2022 at 5:27 am
Fortunately, you’ll make up that cost over time, because LED lights last longer than conventional grow lights. Plus, you’ll save big on energy costs. Read on to discover the best LED grow lights under ...
- LED Lighting Market Size to Reach USD 151,951.1 Million by 2027, at a CAGR of 18.7% - Report by Market Research Future (MRFR)on January 10, 2022 at 5:57 am
Growing Adoption of Solar LED Lighting in Remote Areas to Boost LED Lighting Market GrowthNew York, USA, Jan. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Market Overview: According to a comprehensive research report ...
via Bing News