VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland has developed technology whereby a ring, structure nail or wristband acts as a user interface allowing files to be transferred directly from one screen to another by touch.
The new technical solution is the first step towards the interactivity of various objects and jewellery through a cloud service.
The solution developed by VTT allows files to be received, sent and shared more easily than before. You can touch a file on one screen, for example, with a structure nail and transfer it through the nail to your friend’s smartphone or even to your car. This emphasises intuitivity and interactivity. Consumers will find the new InTouch user interfaces easy to use and interoperable in the world of digital devices and objects.
The new concept also enables entirely new kinds of interactive devices and product categories and generations, and opens up new business possibilities. Areas of application might include digital devices, cars, the manufacturing industry, logistics and health care. There is a patent pending for this technology.
From end user viewpoint the data transfer between devices is currently handled using memory sticks, short-range point-to-point connections (for example, Bluetooth) or the cloud (sharing services). All these methods are fundamentally tied to traditional devices and standardised usage methods e.g. deep menu hierarchies.
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- One Drop Reggae App Boasts Slick New Interface For Reggae Consumptionon August 20, 2021 at 6:24 pm
It’s pretty clear the world is now living in a golden age of music streaming, and that’s why One Drop streaming and audio app curator Norman Williams is confident that his reggae-dancehall ...
- UB Profile System Provides User-Friendly Upgradeson August 19, 2021 at 1:24 pm
The new UB Profile software system provides a number of user-friendly upgrades to the online faculty database for the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences.
- Train Sim World 2 Summer Update Introduces New User Interfaceon August 19, 2021 at 11:04 am
A major update has been released for Train Sim World 2. There’s a lot of new features introduced along with fixes. One of these new changes is in the User Interface, which should be refreshing for ...
- Google’s starting to learn about Smartphone User Interface Designon August 16, 2021 at 1:00 am
Thank goodness Google is finally learning about better smartphone user interface design. Google Photos removed the design element last year and Google Maps removed it in 2019. The YouTube app ...
- user interfaceon August 13, 2021 at 4:59 pm
Modern smartphones are a dizzying treatise on planned obsolescence. Whether it’s batteries that can’t be removed without four hours and an array of tiny specialized tools, screens that shatter ...
Go deeper with Google Headlines on:
Go deeper with Bing News on:
- Unlock Hidden Magic: Disney Wish to Debut First-of-its-Kind Interactive Experience, Disney Uncharted Adventureon August 19, 2021 at 10:45 am
Disney Cruise Line is taking classic storytelling into an all-new realm of immersive family fun aboard the Disney Wish with the debut of Disney Uncharted Adventure, a first-of-its-kind interactive ...
- Health Literacy Innovations Announces the Health Literacy Advisor Online, a New Web-Based Interactive Health Literacy Toolon August 18, 2021 at 2:31 pm
Health Literacy Innovations (HLI), a health literacy company that creates tools to reduce medical mistakes and confusion due to low health literacy today, announces the next generation of the Health ...
- How Howie Mandel Is Aiming to Bring Interactive Content to Cinema Screenson August 18, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Magic Screen, a joint venture between Alvey Productions and Super 78 Studios, will be unveiled in the U.S. and Canada later this year, and content will include live-character animation on the screen.
- Global Acousto-optic Devices Market to Reach $542.1 Million by 2026on August 17, 2021 at 7:47 am
A new market study published b Inc., (GIA) the premier market research company, today released its report titled "Acousto-optic Devices ...
- U.S. court revives nearly 6,000 lawsuits over 3M surgical warming deviceon August 16, 2021 at 10:10 am
The 3M logo is seen at its global headquarters in Maplewood, Minnesota, U.S. on March 4, 2020. REUTERS/Nicholas Pfosi ...