The soldier’s uniform isn’t what it used to be.
Not much later this decade, elite warfighters such as U.S. Special Forces could be wearing high-tech battle suits that offer flexible armor to protect against bullets and shrapnel, exoskeleton technology that offers super-human strength, heating and air conditioning to withstand the elements, wearable computers and displays, and conformal radio equipment and antennas for situational awareness.
U.S. Special Operations Command at MacDill Air Force Base, Fla., have approached industry for technologies that could be applied to such futuristic warfighter apparel as part of the technologies for a tactical assault light operator suit (TALOS ).
For now, this integrated battle suit would be strictly for special operations warfighters who must operate silently and unseen behind enemy lines, but if successful and affordable, this kind of electronics-embedded battle suit could see wider use.
SOCOM officials envision a future warfighter’s battle suit that not only makes broad use of embedded electronics, but also that generates much of its own power. the TALOS solicitation specifically calls out the need for power scavenging, renewable energy, and power distribution.
The Latest Bing News on:
- The Army Is ‘Running a Tab’ of Equipment Sent to Ukraineon July 28, 2022 at 9:31 am
The donated M777 howitzers should be replaced with the self-mobile M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket System, or HIMARS. “We want to purchase more capable systems rather than replacing them ...
- EIGHT COMPANIES JOIN CATALYST ACCELERATOR'S INTERNATIONAL SPACE DOMAIN AWARENESS COHORTon July 27, 2022 at 4:42 pm
The Catalyst Accelerator, powered by the Air Force Research Laboratory Space Vehicles Directorate (AFRL/RV), was developed to promote technology advancement for the warfighter and guide technology ...
- Leidos Awarded $53 Million Task Order for Warfighter Performance Researchon July 27, 2022 at 5:17 am
The single award, indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity task order will support research to maximize warfighter performance and survivability in the aviation, underwater and special warfare ...
- Shield AI's V-BAT selected for DoD's APFIT pilot programon July 20, 2022 at 2:18 pm
For the warfighter, they will not have to wait the ... disconnected from the cloud, in high threat, GPS and communication-degraded environments.
- Tesla Bull Cathie Wood's Ark Loads Up Heavily On These 3 Autonomous Tech Stockson July 19, 2022 at 7:18 am
It focuses on areas such as unmanned systems, satellite communications, and warfighter training and combat ... 34% in the year-to-date period. The high-profile fund manager has said that the ...
- Pentagon AI roadmap seen helping build warfighter, public truston July 17, 2022 at 7:28 am
“I was very glad to see that they’re not just taking building warfighter trust internally seriously ... are reluctant to use them because they don’t necessarily trust the tech, Meserole said.
- Production-Standard Laser Air Defense Weapons To Equip Army This Yearon July 14, 2022 at 9:36 pm
The promise there and the hope is that we're going to be building more and more of these and getting them out to the warfighter. High energy lasers have been stuck in the science and technology ...
- Miami Hurricanes using military technology to monitor team’s fitnesson July 9, 2022 at 10:31 am
Miami’s football team is using an advanced fitness tracker called the Warfighter Monitor, designed by defense contractor Tiger Tech Solutions ... “When I was in high school, there was no ...
- EA posts $381 million losson July 7, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Battlefield and Mass Effect publisher Electronic Arts is seeing red. The company posted a $381 million loss for the three-month period ended September 30. This represents a 12 percent greater loss ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
High-tech battle suits
- You Should Play 'Xenoblade Chronicles 3' in First-Personon August 2, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is one of the year’s best-reviewed Nintendo Switch games, thanks to its deep combat, sweeping story, and giant world that’s fun to explore. The game is engrossing from the ...
- US sues Idaho over abortion law, cites medical treatmenton August 2, 2022 at 1:51 pm
The Justice Department on Tuesday filed a lawsuit that challenges Idaho's restrictive abortion law, arguing that it conflicts with a ...
- Every Time Iron Man Made The Wrong Decision In The MCUon August 2, 2022 at 11:41 am
Robert Downey Jr.'s take on Tony Stark brought the MCU a brilliant, defiant, complicated character whose wrong decisions led to Ultron, Vuture and more threats.
- ‘Prey’s Predator is Feral, Ferocious, & Primal According to Directoron August 1, 2022 at 3:00 am
The Predator franchise is back with Prey this Friday - and the alien hunter is different from any we've seen before.
- Deal struck in high-stakes legal battle over Formula One Las Vegas raceon July 29, 2022 at 10:15 am
From left, Greg Maffei, Liberty Media president and CEO; Stefano Domenicali, president and CEO of Formula 1; Steve Hill, president and CEO of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors ...
- Why A Continuous Listening Strategy Is Critical For HR Professionals To Battle The Great Resignationon July 28, 2022 at 5:30 am
According to my company's philosophy, there are three pillars to continuous listening: connection with employees, survey technology and surveys as a strategic pillar.
- The style makeovers that Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss urgently need in the battle for No 10on July 26, 2022 at 9:02 am
When fine margins can decide the Conservative Party leadership race, advice from the Telegraph’s fashion editors may make all the difference ...
- Point/Counterpoint: Buyer's remorse shouldn't be an out for Elon Muskon July 25, 2022 at 12:59 pm
From the column: "Musk's high-profile battle to acquire, and now to avoid acquiring, Twitter should serve as a reminder of the downsides of centralized social media." ...
- Judge orders October trial for lawsuit between Elon Musk and Twitteron July 20, 2022 at 2:48 am
In an early victory for Twitter, a judge on Tuesday ruled that the company’s lawsuit against Elon Musk over their $44 billion ...
- Round one to Twitter in high-stakes legal battle with Muskon July 19, 2022 at 9:28 am
Twitter can fast-track its lawsuit against billionaire Elon Musk over his cancelled $44-billion buyout of the social media platform.