‘Self Expiring‘ is a packaging material for medicine, designed by Kanupriya and Gautam Goel, that visually ‘self expires’ after a fixed period of time.
The visually-changing packaging solution would help prevent illegal sales as well as accidents and fatalities arising from the consumption of expired medicines.
The winner of a Red Dot design award, this packaging graphically displays a ‘not fit for consumption’ message using universally accepted danger signs in regional languages. It is composed of two layers of information, as the foreground contains the medicine label and the background carries a hidden expiration message.
The Latest Bing News on:
- How to Properly Store Batterieson January 21, 2021 at 2:51 am
In order to store your batteries correctly, you should keep them in their original packaging ... have a low self-discharge rate and could keep a partial charge for up to four years before being ...
- A glimpse into Sinovac's COVID-19 vaccine workon January 18, 2021 at 1:07 am
From cell culture to packaging, a dose of vaccine can be produced ... In fact, the current expiration date is three years. Sinovac Life Sciences uses cold-chain vehicles to transport the vaccines ...
- How the United States Chose to Become a Country of Homelessnesson January 9, 2021 at 1:15 pm
In March, Congress passed a temporary eviction moratorium as part of the CARES Act; after that expired ... to deliver the $100 billion housing packaging they had advocated, the $25 billion ...
- The 1 Player Every NBA Team Needs to Trade in 2021on January 1, 2021 at 1:06 pm
Patience can also turn into self-sabotage. Holding onto Harden ... he has no clear path into the team's most used closing lineup. Packaging his expiring $8 million salary with other assets stands ...
- Beware of products sold at ridiculous low prices – FDA cautions publicon December 26, 2020 at 3:46 am
“The storage conditions of products, packaging among others must all be ascertained before ... observe proper storage systems and willingly hand over their expired products to the Authority for safe ...
- Beware of products sold at ridiculous low prices - FDA cautions publicon December 25, 2020 at 11:04 am
“The storage conditions of products, packaging among others must all be ... observe proper storage systems and willingly hand over their expired products to the Authority for safe disposals.
- Everything you need to know about Jennifer Lopez's beauty brandon December 3, 2020 at 5:40 am
There's the 'gold glow' packaging and wonderful names which ... "For us, beauty having no expiration date, being youthful and timeless at every age, and beauty coming from the inside out are ...
- Bringing buyers and sellers of surplus food togetheron November 28, 2020 at 2:00 pm
A: I saw my family throwing out consumables and expiring surplus food from our ... or had dented or torn packaging. We are glad we did this because when the circuit breaker was imposed on April ...
- Ask Eartha: 5 ways to reduce plastic at the grocery storeon June 11, 2020 at 12:05 pm
The grocery store can be stressful enough remembering COVID-19 precautions, dodging your chatty neighbor and managing coupon expiration ... consider the packaging. Avoid plastic when possible.
- What’s Ahead in Food & Beverage Packagingon June 24, 2019 at 12:44 pm
It used to be that packaging alone could change consumer preferences around ... their smartphones and receive detailed information on product origin, ingredients, expiration date, recycling ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
- Turning Packaging Into Sustainable Business Opportunities (Video)on January 26, 2021 at 7:46 am
Plastic has always been a hugely popular packaging material – we don’t need to get rid of it, but change it altogether.
- “Bringing the best to everyone we touch” — The Estée Lauder Companies’ Olivier Bottrie on creating a legacy of sustainabilityon January 26, 2021 at 6:55 am
Our industry has the ability to move mountains,” says The Estée Lauder Companies Global President Travel Retail and Retail Development Olivier Bottrie as he underlines how the travel retail community ...
- A deep dive into reusable packaging solutionson January 25, 2021 at 7:52 am
In this comment piece, Marija Jovic, technical director for PreScouter's chemicals, materials and packaging vertical, takes a detailed look at the reuse market as it stands today.
- 'Lucky' biosecurity system needs overhaul before luck runs outon January 24, 2021 at 1:00 pm
IN AUSTRALIA'S biosecurity circles, the word "lucky" is thrown around a lot. Experts are worried that luck is about to run out without a significant overhaul and funding boost to the nation's ...
- A green agenda works in tandem with a premium positioning, so perhaps 2021 is the year snacking ‘gets’ sustainabilityon January 22, 2021 at 2:57 am
As the new year properly gets underway, you’ll no doubt see countless businesses swearing to do good. To make things better. Some will even suggest you ‘come together’, writes Aoife McGuinness, ...
- The Chip Industry’s Next-Gen Roadmapon January 21, 2021 at 12:05 am
SRC's new CEO sheds some light on next-gen projects involving everything from chiplets to hyperdimensional computing and mixed reality.
- Unpacking the key design trends of 2020 – Part 2: Design Bridgeon January 20, 2021 at 2:38 am
In the second edition of a two-part series looking into the pivotal design trends of 2020 with key influencers from the industry, we talk COVID-19, e-commerce, and sustainability with Lisa Mathews, ...
- FlexBlow to demo fastest PET bottle format change at NPE2018on January 18, 2021 at 4:00 pm
It was aimed for higher flexibility when it comes to bottle format change and the possibility to produce a range ... Integrated catalogue to achieving top PET bottle quality includes visual ...
- Lip Care Products Packaging Market Estimated to See 2X Expansion to 2028on January 18, 2021 at 2:01 pm
A recent market intelligence report that is published by Data Insights Partner on the global Lip Care Products Packaging Market makes an offering of in-depth analysis of segments and sub-segments in ...
- Younger consumer appeal triggers Waterford brand identity overhaulon January 18, 2021 at 12:37 pm
A desire to appeal to younger audiences while retaining its heritage in craftsmanship and rich history has led Waterford crystal to overhaul its visual look and feel globally.