There is a cheap, safe, chemopreventive agent for prostate cancer. It’s called selenium.
Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in American men, so you’d think that if a cheap, safe, effective chemopreventive agent for prostate cancer were discovered, the U.S. government (which pays the bill for treatment of the elderly, via Medicare) would want to get word out fast. As it turns out, there is a cheap, safe, chemopreventive agent for prostate cancer. It’s called selenium. But virtually nothing has been done to get the word out.
The literature on selenium’s prostate-cancer-preventing effects is vast and I won’t try to summarize it here. If you have time to read only one study, probably the most entertaining study to read is the Dutch toenail study, in which 58,279 men aged 55 to 69 donated toenail clippings (which were then analyzed for selenium content). The group was tracked for prostate cancer. The results:
After 6.3 years of follow-up, 540 incident prostate carcinoma cases and 1,211 subcohort members with complete toenail selenium data were available for case-cohort analyses. In multivariate survival analysis, an inverse association between toenail selenium level and prostate cancer risk was observed. Incidence rate ratios in increasing selenium quintiles were 1.00 (ref), 1.05, 0.69, 0.75, and 0.69 (95% confidence interval, 0.48–0.99), respectively (P-trend = 0.008)… The inverse association was more pronounced in ex-smokers than current smokers, and unclear in never-smokers.
The Latest Bing News on:
- 16 High-Protein Snacks To Keep You Full Between Mealson March 29, 2023 at 6:29 pm
Turkey is also rich in minerals such as selenium, iron, zinc, and phosphorus, which all promote thyroid function, immunity, energy production, and bone health." We talked about how you can mix cottage ...
- Biden and Trudeau agree to address mining pollution in B.C.’s Elk Valley — and it’s a big dealon March 29, 2023 at 1:51 pm
Pollution from some of Canada’s largest coal mines has been getting worse for decades and is now spilling over into the U.S. As the two heads of state turn their attention to the growing conundrum of ...
- Biden, Trudeau announce progress on Canadian coal mine pollution agreementon March 29, 2023 at 6:12 am
President Joe Biden and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau have announced a forthcoming deal to “reduce and mitigate” the impact of pollution flowing into Montana and Idaho from Canadian coal ...
- Why men should eat more plants: the effect of mediterranean plant-forward diets on healthon March 29, 2023 at 3:49 am
Researchers performed a systematic review of existing data to investigate whether plant-forward (PF) diets could improve male health.
- Selenium Monotelluride Market 2023 Worldwide Business Growth and Consumption Status by 2029on March 28, 2023 at 9:44 pm
Selenium Monotelluride Market comes as one of the hard-to-find market data reports published by MarketsandResearch.biz, a leading market analysis source. The report provides an in-depth overview of ...
- Selenium Telluride Market 2023 Regional Insights and Future Opportunities by 2029on March 28, 2023 at 9:38 pm
Selenium Telluride Market encompasses the industrial and commercial aspects of the market that encircles several crucial chapters that give the report an extra edge. The market has been studied by a ...
- Tribes go to DC as Biden, Trudeau promise action on seleniumon March 27, 2023 at 1:43 pm
Tribal leaders from Montana and Idaho are traveling to Washington, D.C., to increase pressure on Canada over selenium contamination in American waters caused by Canadian mining. The Confederated ...
- Here’s Why TikTok Health Gurus Are Obsessed With Brazil Nutson March 23, 2023 at 12:26 pm
Are Brazil nuts healthy? They're reportedly linked to a number of health benefits, which is why TikTok is suddenly obsessed with them.
- Selenium Foil Market To See Massive Growth By 2031on March 23, 2023 at 12:56 am
Global Selenium Foil Market Spread across 70 Pages (Including Full TOC, 106+ Tables and Figures, and charts) Covers Precise Information on Pre and Post ...
- 20 Foods Rich in Seleniumon March 15, 2023 at 5:00 pm
You can obtain selenium through your diet by eating foods like Brazil nuts, bananas, and eggs. Some people with certain health conditions may have difficulty absorbing selenium. Your body relies ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Selenium” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
The Latest Bing News on:
- Prostate cancer support group to meet onlineon March 29, 2023 at 3:58 pm
Man 2 Man Prostate Cancer Support Group of Durango will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 4 online via Zoom. The group consists of survivors of prostate cancer and men who have been diagnosed with ...
- Robert Kraft’s son reveals prostate cancer diagnosis, pushes for screening with advanced prostate cancer rates on the riseon March 29, 2023 at 3:32 pm
One of Robert Kraft’s sons on Wednesday revealed that he has been treated for prostate cancer, as he pushed others to get screened with advanced prostate cancer rates on the rise. Joshua Kraft, 55, ...
- Long-Term Waterborne-Ingested Nitrate Linked to Prostate Cancer Riskon March 29, 2023 at 2:38 pm
WEDNESDAY, March 29, 2023 (HealthDay News) -- Long-term waterborne-ingested nitrate is associated with an increased risk for prostate cancer, especially aggressive tumors, according to a study ...
- Rapid genetic testing targets advanced prostate cancer patients for new treatmentson March 29, 2023 at 11:33 am
A rapid genetic testing model for patients with advanced prostate cancer can more quickly identify those with "actionable" gene variants eligible for newer targeted therapies, reports a clinical trial ...
- Nubeqa Plus ADT to Be Studied in Prostate Cancer Subseton March 29, 2023 at 8:00 am
The phase 3 ARASTEP trial will investigate Nubeqa plus androgen-deprivation therapy in certain patients with hormone-sensitive prostate cancer.
- Good News For Guys: ‘The Finger,’ Your Sex Life And Prostate Canceron March 29, 2023 at 6:37 am
It may be time for some men to wave farewell to “the finger.” And in other good news, new evidence supports therapy for localized prostate cancer that avoids the risks of incontinence and impotence ...
- In announcing prostate cancer diagnosis, New England Patriots Foundation President Josh Kraft urges early detectionon March 29, 2023 at 4:08 am
A routine yearly blood test began to show an increasing PSA level, which led to biopsy and then a phone call from his doctor telling him he had cancer.
- Lone Star Family Health Center: Is screening for prostate cancer right for you?on March 28, 2023 at 4:39 pm
Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer diagnosis in men, with 1.4 million cases documented worldwide. In the United States, it is the leading cause of cancer in men. Although screening may ...
- Prostate cancer survivor pushes others to have regular screeningson March 28, 2023 at 9:37 am
Donald Williamson of Fairburn was diagnosed with prostate cancer a month after his father died of the disease.
- ENZAMET shows promise as prostate cancer treatmenton March 28, 2023 at 1:07 am
A new drug combination for men with advanced prostate cancer has shown sustained increase in survival rates. The results from the clinical trial of ENZAMET, co-chaired by Professor Christopher Sweeney ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
[google_news title=”” keyword=”prostate cancer” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]