Figure1 is a photo sharing app specifically aimed at healthcare professionals.
The power of visual sharing that makes platforms such as Instagram so popular has been harnessed by retailers such as CT Food to share knowledge about cooking with its @askctfood service, but could the same be done for the medical world? Imagine if at the touch of a button, you or your doctor could tap into a vast image database, to better diagnose any potential health risks or conditions. Creating a social networking platform for easily sharing and annotating this kind of photo-based medical information could greatly increase our access to knowledge that both current and extremely useable.
Figure1 is a photo sharing app specifically aimed at healthcare professionals. The iOS app allows this community to upload and share photos, depicting surgical procedures, medical conditions, and other relevant information, while maintaining privacy through built-in blur tools. It also includes an in-app consent form for patients.
Developed by healthcare tech startup Movable Science, Figure1 is a platform similar to Instagram that enables physicians to create their own feed of images from the cases they deal with. In order to protect patients’ privacy, the app uses facial recognition to block out faces, while users can add their own filters to cover up other identifiable marks. Members can also add pointers and annotations to provide additional details, and choose who is able to view, before uploading the image.
Photos can be tagged with relevant terms to allow the community to easily find them through search and others can comment on the images, creating a discussion among the community.
The Latest Bing News on:
- A sleep scientist shares her best sleep tips for traveling with babies and kidson June 21, 2022 at 12:16 pm
There is a way to travel successfully with young children to keep their sleep schedule on track and their dispositions on the sunnier side—even across time zones. I’m Dr. Sofia Axelrod, ...
- Yes, You Can Grow Edible Crops in Your Tiny Houseon June 21, 2022 at 12:00 pm
I will focus on space—and how to make the most of it—which is, of course, one of the main constraints when growing your own in a tiny home. As Treehugger readers will b ...
- It’s not just diamonds that shine, so shine bright like nitrogen-doped polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbonson June 21, 2022 at 9:04 am
Until the early 2010s, most portable devices used liquid-crystal displays (LCDs ... Dr. Kubas agrees: "High-quality science needs an interdisciplinary attitude. In our research project, the close ...
- Exploring nitrogen-doped polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons for high-performance OLEDson June 21, 2022 at 8:22 am
Electronic visual displays have come a long way since the early days of cathode-ray tubes. Modern display devices, based on organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs), are compact enough to accompany us ...
- How I Teach — World Historyon June 21, 2022 at 4:29 am
In a series of stories, UDaily speaks with University of Delaware professors who teach courses commonly taken by students during their first year on campus. The series includes professors who teach ...
- ChillWell AC Review: Impressive Air Cooler Features or Ineffective Portable AC?on June 21, 2022 at 1:30 am
You can pretty much take it to the bank that if summer isn’t already here, then it’s on the way – and if you’re like most people around the country, you need some relief in the form of an air cooling ...
- Research Bits: June 21on June 21, 2022 at 12:19 am
Researchers from the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Purdue University, and Yonsei University designed natural physical unclonable function (PUF) tags using silk. These tags were used to ...
- The best energy saving smart home gadgets to save moneyon June 20, 2022 at 11:00 pm
With the ongoing cost of living crisis in mind, we have rounded up some of our favourite smart home products designed to help lower your energy bills.
- Portable electron microscope brings a hidden world into viewon June 20, 2022 at 10:36 am
Grade 5 students in Dundas got to use an extremely sophisticated scanning electron microscope that can display features on the scale of nanometres, or billionths of a metre.
- Curiosity Cube Brings Exciting Science to Laramie Kidson June 16, 2022 at 11:29 am
At the Curiosity Cube, kids will get a chance to work with real scientists from MilliporeSigma and conduct hands-on science experiments and related activities.
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
Healthcare photo sharing app
- Strava vs Runkeeper: which of these popular running apps is best for you?on June 21, 2022 at 8:46 am
It's Strava vs Runkeeper, and the race is on! The two most well known and well used running apps are up against each other in the race to get you to persuade you to download and use them to track your ...
- Viewers share photos of storm damageon June 17, 2022 at 6:34 pm
Man, West Virginia, located in Logan County, appears to be among the hardest hit. We also received reports of considerable damage in parts of Kanawha County, including Pinch and Sissonville.
- The Promise and Peril(s) of Mental Health Appson June 11, 2022 at 7:10 am
Mental illness is not the cause of gun violence in America. However, those who advance this argument are right to suggest that mental health has been declining. From 1990 to 2017, the prevalence of ...
- TikTok Wants to Remind You to Take Breaks From the Appon June 9, 2022 at 9:32 am
TikTok is releasing more tools in the coming weeks to enable people to limit screen time. It's another example of how social media companies are responding to criticism that their apps have harmful ...
- watchOS 9 adds new APIs for sharing and VoIP apps on Apple Watchon June 7, 2022 at 5:01 pm
With watchOS 9, Apple Watch users will get new and updated watch faces, plus enhanced health features ... implemented share sheet in some of its own apps, including Photos and Music.
- Apple Unveils an All-New Lock Screen Experience and New Ways to Share and Communicate in iOS 16on June 6, 2022 at 10:43 am
Users can personalize their Lock Screen, keep family photos in iCloud Shared Photo Library, recall sent messages, schedule mail, and discover more with Live Text and Visual Look Up Apple® today ...
- Monkeypox Photos Released By U.K. Health Authoritieson June 5, 2022 at 11:29 pm
Health authorities in the U.K. have released new photos of monkeypox symptoms as cases continue to rise around the globe. The images shared by the U.K. Health Security Agency show skin lesions ...
- 'Immediately No': Mental Health Expert Shares Red Flags on Dating Profileson June 2, 2022 at 8:45 am
In a now-viral TikTok video, a mental health expert discussed what would cause her to not match with someone on a dating app. Karli Kucko, LPC-A shares content about mental health on her TikTok and ...
- A Bid to Boost Youth Mental Health via Mobile App?on May 26, 2022 at 12:02 pm
We learn how to like someone else’s photo ... of the app’s offering are free, except for its premium “mental health pathways feature.” But the company is now beginning to share all of ...
- Your Shirtless Photo on Tinder Might Actually Be Sending the Wrong Messageon May 24, 2022 at 9:49 am
Knowing the right things to include in your profile on a dating app can be tricky. You want to come across as interesting, but at the same time keep things light. Sharing some of your ...