Figure1 is a photo sharing app specifically aimed at healthcare professionals.
The power of visual sharing that makes platforms such as Instagram so popular has been harnessed by retailers such as CT Food to share knowledge about cooking with its @askctfood service, but could the same be done for the medical world? Imagine if at the touch of a button, you or your doctor could tap into a vast image database, to better diagnose any potential health risks or conditions. Creating a social networking platform for easily sharing and annotating this kind of photo-based medical information could greatly increase our access to knowledge that both current and extremely useable.
Figure1 is a photo sharing app specifically aimed at healthcare professionals. The iOS app allows this community to upload and share photos, depicting surgical procedures, medical conditions, and other relevant information, while maintaining privacy through built-in blur tools. It also includes an in-app consent form for patients.
Developed by healthcare tech startup Movable Science, Figure1 is a platform similar to Instagram that enables physicians to create their own feed of images from the cases they deal with. In order to protect patients’ privacy, the app uses facial recognition to block out faces, while users can add their own filters to cover up other identifiable marks. Members can also add pointers and annotations to provide additional details, and choose who is able to view, before uploading the image.
Photos can be tagged with relevant terms to allow the community to easily find them through search and others can comment on the images, creating a discussion among the community.
The Latest Bing News on:
- Waterloo? Battlefield rescue for man trapped in portable lavon May 1, 2021 at 9:57 am
Authorities say a man was rescued after a tree that fell during high winds trapped him inside a portable toilet at Gettysburg National Military Park in south-central ...
- ECHOVECTOR TECHNICAL ANALYSIS ASSOCIATION: TODAY'S FEATURED SNAPSHOTS FROM THE SP500TV OPTIONPIVOTSLIVE BROADCAST ON MARKETPIVOTSTV BY MDPP ...on April 30, 2021 at 10:05 am
SELECT FINANCIAL MARKETS FOCUS INSTRUMENT SNAPSHOTS ON THE SPY AND DIA ETFS AND /ES EMINI FUTURES PUBLICLY RELEASED FROM THE SP500TV OPTIONPIVOTSLIVE MARKETPIVOTSTV STREAMING ...
- Portable blackout blind is great for helping your baby get a better night's sleepon April 28, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Looking for a great hack to help your baby get a better night's sleep? Amazon shoppers can't stop raving about the Gro Company Stars and Moons Gro Anywhere Portable Blackout Blind and it's ...
- Why is opposition to lockdowns, masks and science growing? The psychology of defiance explainedon April 27, 2021 at 9:32 am
It's one thing to be tired of lockdown. It's another to deny the science behind health restrictions altogether.
- adjustable keyboardon April 26, 2021 at 4:39 pm
For starters, each column of keys is adjustable on the fly in the Y-direction by loosening the screw and sliding it until it’s just right. The columns are also adjustable in the Z-direction, but for ...
- Portable projectors now available at some St. Louis County Library locationson April 26, 2021 at 12:22 pm
You can use your library card to check out more than books. Now, you can check out a portable projector from St. Louis County Library locations. They’re available just in time for the nice weather.
- Portable Oxygen Concentrators Market by Latest Trend, Growing Demand and Technology Advancement 2021-2026on April 26, 2021 at 3:38 am
The analysis of Portable Oxygen Concentrators market summaries the workings of this domain along with its growth trajectory during the forecast duration of 2021-2026 ...
- Blast Ultra Portable AC Review Alarming User Scam Complaintson April 24, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Blast Ultra Portable AC is the top selling personal air cooler unit on the market in 2021, but are there real customer complaints and legit scam warnings to know about that are causing shocking ...
- Optics innovation from Sagentia Innovation helps take portable Fingerprint Drug Testing into new medical diagnostic testing areason April 22, 2021 at 1:51 am
Advanced optical engineering has enabled the UK manufacturer of a fingerprint drug testing solution to streamline manufacture and reduce ...
- Bath scientists receive £1.3 million grant to develop a portable spice-detection deviceon April 21, 2021 at 11:23 pm
University of Bath scientists have been awarded a research grant of £1.3 million to develop a portable device to detect the street drug ‘spice’ on the spot. They expect the new technology to be ready ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
Healthcare photo sharing app
- She called out health care misinfo on TikTok. Then, the trolls found her.on May 1, 2021 at 1:30 am
Savannah Sparks made it her mission to hold health care workers she believes are behaving badly accountable on TikTok. When trolls started threatening her life, she stepped away from the platform.
- How Has Technology Changed our Mental Health?on April 30, 2021 at 5:18 pm
Technology has changed our lives in numerous ways. We can now contact people around the world with the touch of a button or find the answer to a question ...
- How to submit a photo for 2021 'Nurses Week'on April 28, 2021 at 10:05 am
The best way to share a photo of your favorite Southeast Texas nurse with us is to download the 12NewsNow App.
- 18 Best Pregnancy Apps for Expecting Parentson April 27, 2021 at 12:09 pm
Whether you're trying to track pregnancy symptoms, find bump-safe workouts or meet other moms, there's an app out there for everyone.
- Healthcare Anywhere: innovation for patient empowermenton April 27, 2021 at 7:01 am
As well as tracking adherence and persistence, the app can prompt patients to complete a disease/ symptom tracker to share with their healthcare team, and to enable earlier intervention and more ...
- Following iOS 14.5 release, Apple details App Tracking Transparency in new videoon April 26, 2021 at 11:41 am
Apple has shared a new video on YouTube to detail how the new App Tracking Transparency feature works, available with iOS 14.5 and later.
- Best iPhone apps of 2021 — must-have downloads for Apple's phoneson April 19, 2021 at 11:23 pm
But do those apps deserve a place on your iPhone? To find out, we've gone through the App Store's virtual shelves, looking for the best iPhone apps we could find. We picked apps across a selection of ...
- A new menopause app has been launched to help women take control of their healthon March 26, 2021 at 8:07 am
by sharing their own experiences, users of the app can help science to “determine how we can optimize women’s care during menopause to make a meaningful impact on their long-term health.” ...
- Have you received your COVID-19 vaccine yet? Share photos of your experience with us!on March 19, 2021 at 12:34 pm
There are several ways you can share them with us! You can use the "Near Me" feature on the WKYC app or text photos and videos to 216-344-3300! Just remember to include your name, location and a ...