Researchers at the University of Alicante have developed a cementitious material incorporating carbon nanofibers in its composition, turning cement into an excellent conductor of electricity capable of performing functions beyond its usual structural function.
This new technology, developed and patented by the UA Civil Engineering Department’s Research Group in Multifunctional Concrete Conductors, allows, among other functions, the material to heat up due to the passage of current.
“The technology allows buildings’ premises to heat or prevents the formation of ice on infrastructure, such as highways, railways, roads, airstrips and other elements”, lecturer Pedro Garcés, head of research, explains.
“To obtain a cementitious compound effective as the heating element, this should have a low resistivity. This is not achieved in conventional concrete because they are poor conductors of electricity. However, this can be achieved by the addition of conductive materials such as, for example, carbonaceous materials”, Pedro Garcés adds.
In this way, a new conductive compound with much more interesting properties is achieved since it keeps the structural properties of concrete and does not compromise the durability of the structures themselves.
This new product has a great versatility, since any existing structure or surface can be coated with it, keeping thermal control in it by applying continuous electric current.
The Latest Bing News on:
- Corporate Radar: DLF, Ultratech Cement to turn ex-dividend; Adani Green Q1 results; AGMs, and moreon August 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Navneet Education (Rs 1.5 per share), The Anup Engineering (Rs 8 per share), Vinyl Chemicals (Rs 5 per share), Emkay Global (Rs 1.25 per share), IP Rings (Rs 2 per share), TCFC Finance (Rs 1.2 per ...
- Dangote Cement Grows Revenue by 17% to N808.04bn in Six Monthson August 1, 2022 at 6:50 pm
Dangote Cement reported group sales volume of 14.2 metric tonnes, consisting of 9.3 metric tonnes done by Nigerian operations while the balance was contributed by operations in other African countries ...
- Cement companies to witness lowest operating margins in last 7 years in FY23: ICRAon August 1, 2022 at 6:04 pm
As per the report, the demand for rural housing was supported by a robust rabi harvest and better crop realisation ...
- Dangote Cement deploys grinding plants in Ghana, Cote d’Ivoireon August 1, 2022 at 4:41 pm
The Chief Executive Officer, Dangote Cement, Michel Puchercos, has said the company is boosting production in its Okpella plant, Nigeria, and progressing to deploy grinding plants in Ghana and Cote ...
- Dangote Cement deploys grinding plants in Ghana and Cote d’Ivoireon August 1, 2022 at 4:23 pm
In a bid to ensure that Cement becomes available in all African countries, Chief Executive Officer of Dangote Cement, Michel Puchercos, has revealed that his company is ramping up production in its ...
- I-70 westbound closed for rolled-over cement mixeron August 1, 2022 at 1:55 pm
There was no estimated time of reopening the westbound lanes between Ward Road and West 32nd Avenue. WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. — The westbound lanes of Interstate 70 were closed Monday afternoon west of Ward ...
- Flipped cement mixer shuts down I-70 WB in Wheat Ridgeon August 1, 2022 at 1:47 pm
Drivers trying to go west along Interstate 70 in the Wheat Ridge area will need to find an alternate route Monday, as crews work on a flipped cement mixer that’s blocking the highway.
- Cement mixer overturns on Interstate 70, closing westbound lanes at 32nd Avenueon August 1, 2022 at 12:50 pm
A cement mixer blew a tire and overturned on Interstate 70 on Monday afternoon. The westbound lanes were closed at 32nd Avenue with traffic being diverted at 58th. The driver is okay but the cleanup ...
- BioBased Tiles: Bacteria Used to Grow Strong and Sustainable Cement Alternativeon August 1, 2022 at 11:34 am
Traditional cement production accounts for 8 percent of the world's carbon dioxide emissions, but the world isn’t exactly going to stop using concrete anytime soon. What’s the solution? A greener ...
- Cement companies to register lowest operating margins in last 7 years despite volume gains, says Icraon August 1, 2022 at 5:23 am
The Icra's latest report has analysed the demand-supply scenario and input costs pressure on operating margins in FY3 for cement companies.
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
- Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete Global Market to Reach $5.13 Billion by 2026on August 1, 2022 at 1:58 am
The "Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete Global Market Report 2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The global glass fiber reinforced concrete market is expected to grow from ...
- Yakety-yak: Survivalist compound, complete with herd, asks $30Mon July 31, 2022 at 6:00 am
A 312-acre ranch in New Mexico that comes with its own herd of 85 yak was recently put on the market for $30 million.
- Concrete Sealer Global Market Report 2022 - ResearchAndMarkets.comon July 29, 2022 at 8:52 am
The global concrete sealer market is expected to grow from $1.07 billion in 2021 to $1.13 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.66%. The market is expected to reach $1.56 ...
- Global Green Cement Market Report 2022-2031: Major Companies are Focused on Developing New Technological Solutions to Expand their Portfolioson July 27, 2022 at 2:45 am
The global green cement market is expected to grow from $24.54 billion in 2021 to $27.79 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.23%. The green cement market ...
- Green Cement Global Market Report 2022on July 26, 2022 at 4:29 pm
The global green cement market is expected to grow from $24.54 billion in 2021 to $27.79 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.23%. The green cement market is expected to ...
- Handyman Hints: Resurfacing with cementon July 26, 2022 at 10:17 am
So, if the cement pad leading to your front door has been damaged by the many years of winter salting, and could use a resurfacing, then let’s get that back to smooth. Or, if one of the concrete steps ...
- In the New Mexico Wilderness, a Survivalist Compound Asks $30 Millionon July 26, 2022 at 7:11 am
The 312-acre property, now the most expensive in the state, includes a reinforced-concrete home, multiple backup generators and about 85 yak.
- Concrete Jungles: 6 Cement Alternatives that can Reduce its Impact in Citieson July 26, 2022 at 4:30 am
There are some possibilities to make cement and concrete production more green and even replace them in some traditional uses.
- Green Cement Global Market Report 2022on July 26, 2022 at 2:17 am
The "Green Cement Global Market Report 2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The global green cement market is expected to grow from $24.54 billion in 2021 to $27.79 ...
- Global Cement Marketon July 25, 2022 at 3:51 am
This report discusses different types of cement: Portland, blended and others. It offers detailed analysis of manufacturing, composition of different types of cement and prevalent trends and ...