The guilty secret of many of the solar chargers you see in the news is the fact that they’re too under-powered to really do the job properly.
In most cases you need to keep them topped up with conventional mains power, and rely on the sun only to trickle fill as you go. But there’s a new breed of solar product coming along which may change all that.
The SunSocket Sun-Tracking Solar Generator promises to deliver a new level of sophistication to the off-grid fanatic in a handy, easy to use box. The product features a high efficiency 60 watt solar panel array, which automatically tracks the maximum sunlight across the sky to deliver the optimum recharge. The internal 250 Wh battery is enough to power up laptops, televisions, and the integrated A/C inverter means you can run domestic appliances on it using the standard wall socket plug as long as they draw less than 100 watts.
The whole thing comes in a neat folding attache case type format, and includes 4 USB ports, a 12V DC cigarette lighter socket, and an international 115/220 volt A/C output. We’re not too sure how much power the sun-tracking function takes up, but we’re assuming the developers have worked out the ratios to make it all worthwhile. Either that or it’s using some kind of fancy rubber band.
The Latest Bing News on:
- AusNet pushes case for route through Victoria to unlock wind and solaron February 25, 2021 at 1:48 pm
The final route of a massive electricity network upgrade that promises to unlock huge amounts of new large-scale wind and solar in western ... connected more new generators to its grid over ...
- Solar panels and batteries on your home could help prevent the next grid disasteron February 25, 2021 at 1:23 pm
Even small systems like those that kept the lights on for some Texas homeowners could play a role in protecting the bigger electricity system, experts say.
- Texas lawmakers blame gas suppliers, wind, solar for deadly power blackoutson February 25, 2021 at 1:18 pm
Texas state lawmakers on Thursday started digging into the causes of deadly power blackouts that left millions shivering in the dark as frigid temperatures caught its grid operator and utilities ...
- Reporting from Frigid Texas: Wind and Solar Power Fail When You Need Them the Moston February 25, 2021 at 12:35 pm
Contrary to the claims of green energy profiteers and apologists in the mainstream media, wind and solar power, particularly their absence during a critical, surprising period of peak demand, were ...
- HPQ Receives its First Mini-Generator Set Based on Clean Hydrogen Produced by Simply Combining Water and a Powder Bagon February 25, 2021 at 5:09 am
a portable hydrogen-based mini-power generator, jointly developed by the French companies Apollon Solar SAS (“Apollon”) and Pragma Industries SAS (“Pragma”). While continuing to work with ...
- Northside Landfill eyed for solar developmenton February 25, 2021 at 3:35 am
The city of Spokane could soon transform part of a former environmental wasteland into a solar energy generator.
- Dominion debates solar penalty as Santee Cooper eyes broadband initiativeon February 24, 2021 at 11:29 am
Dominion Energy says it is discussing an energy metering program that would would potentially make solar energy customer-generators pay more on their bills than before.
- The Best Portable Generators For Your Home To Survive The Next Power Outageon February 19, 2021 at 6:35 am
As evidenced by the recent power issues in the Texas cold snap, buying a generator for your home seems key. Other types exist, but the best generators for your home are quiet and battery-powered.
- Containerized Solar Generators Market Size to Surpass US$ 511.6 million by 2025on February 18, 2021 at 10:50 pm
Selbyville, Delaware Growth forecast report " Containerized Solar Generators Market size by Product Type (Below ...
- No, wind and solar power are not the main causes of Texas's power outages despite Gov. Abbott's claim | VERIFYon February 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Prior to his interview with conservative talk show host Sean Hannity, Gov. Abbott told WFAA that the main problem was natural gas being frozen in the lines.
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
Sun-Tracking Solar Generator
- Building A Wind Power Generator In Your Backyardon February 18, 2021 at 4:00 pm
The wind power generator uses 24 magnets, copper wire fashioned into coils, and a metal plate for the main generator. The coils are arranged in a circular formation on a static plate, while the ...
- Intelligent Daylighting Solution Saves 20 to 70% of Energy Costs, With No Investmenton February 4, 2021 at 4:00 pm
and a new variation on active daylighting using automated sun-tracking solar domes promises to deliver big savings, with no upfront investment. The LightCatcher, from EcoNation, uses a dome with ...
- Solar panels on farmlandon February 3, 2021 at 6:14 am
Society sometimes has reservations the installation of solar panels on land where food can also be ... and optimises them where possible. The effect of the sun tracking system on crop yield, diseases ...
- thermoelectric generatoron January 12, 2021 at 3:59 pm
Our Hackaday Prize Challenges are evaluated by a panel of judges who examine every entry to see how they fare against judging criteria. With prize money at stake, it makes sense we want to make ...
- Power Outage Sensoron February 20, 2018 at 9:54 am
Description: failure mode could have given the power generator early warning of the impending failure in the turbineâ€s first stage wheel. By taking action, the power plant could have prevented the ...