The new breakthrough may allow for an easier way to create organs and tissues from stem cells.
Stem cell research has made new gains this week after a safe and easy way for them to be created was developed in China.
The new breakthrough may also allow for an easier way to create organs and tissues from stem cells.
The way in which the Chinese scientists developed the new method requires a familiarity with physiology and biology but suffice it to say that it involved the manipulation of certain molecules – small ones to be precise.
You can read exactly what they did here.
“Small molecules have advantages because they can be cell permeable, non-immunogenic, more cost-effective, and can be more easily synthesized, preserved, and standardized,” researchers wrote in the paper.
“Moreover, their effects on inhibiting and activating the function of specific proteins are often reversible and can be finely tuned by varying the concentrations.”
Using the method the researchers were able to produce several healthy mice.
They believe that the findings will see the possibility of creating “functionally desirable cell types” for generating organs and tissues in humans by using drugs rather than gene manipulation.
The Latest Bing News on:
Stem cell research
- Dad donates stem cells to a stranger in memory of his teenage daughter he lost to canceron April 10, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Just 15 when she was diagnosed in March 2018, Robert Keown, 44, who is a full-time carer for his son, Carter, of Belfast, Northern Ireland, was heartbroken when he discovered his stem cells were not a ...
- Stem Cell Research Unlocks a New Discovery about Controlling Geneson April 9, 2021 at 8:57 am
The DNA in our genes contains the instructions needed to manufacture all of the proteins in our cells. These proteins, in turn, do the work that keeps our bodies functioning. Therefore, knowing how ...
- Study: Age-related changes in brain stem cells are more pronounced in male animalson April 8, 2021 at 10:11 pm
Ageing and age-related brain disease do not affect women and men in the same way. The adult brain constantly generates new brain cells called neurons from stem cells, a process called neurogenesis.
- Stem cells reproduce the beginnings of the placentaon April 8, 2021 at 6:43 am
The Yasuhiro Takashima lab shows that naïve iPS cells can be induced to form all the stages that mimic early placenta development in humans.
- MicroRNA treatment modulates osteogenic differentiation potential of mesenchymal stem cells derived from human chorion and placentaon April 7, 2021 at 9:44 am
Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) are important in regenerative medicine because of their potential for multi-differentiation. Bone marrow, chorion and placenta have all been suggested as potential ...
- Global Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) Market Size, Share To Record 12.7% CAGR Over 2020-2025on April 7, 2021 at 6:54 am
According to this study, over the next five years the Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) market will register a 12.7% CAGR in terms of revenue, the global market size will reach $ 127.2 million by ...
- Stem cell therapy research could help patients with non-healing diabetic foot ulcerson April 6, 2021 at 8:59 pm
Durham, NC - According to the results of a phase 1 clinical trial just published in STEM CELLS Translational Medicine, a new stem cell therapy shows promise of making diabetes-related amputations a ...
- Eradication of specific donor-dependent variations of mesenchymal stem cells in immunomodulation to enhance therapeutic valueson April 5, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) are one of the most widely clinically trialed stem cells, due to their abilities to differentiate into multiple cell lineages, to secrete regenerative/rejuvenative ...
- Targeting microRNAs makes cancer stem cells more susceptible to chemotherapieson April 4, 2021 at 4:10 am
Researchers in Italy have identified a pair of microRNA molecules that help maintain a population of cancerous stem cells that drive the growth of breast cancers and initiate tumor relapse after ...
- Researchers identify mechanism for regenerating hair follicle stem cellson March 31, 2021 at 3:44 pm
Harvard University researchers have identified the biological mechanism of how chronic stress impairs hair follicle stem cells, confirming long-standing observations that stress might lead to hair ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
Stem cell research
The Latest Bing News on:
Stem cell research breakthrough
- Breakthrough discovery could speed up bone implant recoveryon April 10, 2021 at 5:32 am
An international research team led by Monash University has uncovered a new technique that could speed up recovery from bone replacements by altering the shape and nucleus of individual stem cells.
- Pillar of support: Breakthrough discovery could speed up bone implant recoveryon April 9, 2021 at 7:20 am
Not only was the research team able to define the topography of the pillar sizes and the effects it had on stem cells, but they discovered four times as much bone could be produced compared to ...
- Major biotech breakthrough as EryPharm announce large-scale manufacturing of RBCson April 9, 2021 at 2:48 am
EryPharm, a spin-off from Sorbonne University in Paris, has achieved a technological breakthrough to mass-produce cultured red blood cells to develop new sourcing for blood transfusion. Supporting and ...
- Biotech EryPharm Announces a Revolutionary Technological Breakthrough in the Large- Scale Manufacturing of Red Blood Cells | Morningstaron April 8, 2021 at 7:43 am
With today’s breakthrough, EryPharm is now completing ... they described the generation of cRBCs in vitro from Human Hematopoietic Stem Cells (HSC) while the first human injection of cRBCs ...
- Biotech EryPharm Announces a Revolutionary Technological Breakthrough in the Large- Scale Manufacturing of Red Blood Cellson April 8, 2021 at 7:40 am
EryPharm, startup created in 2016, has achieved a revolutionary technological breakthrough to mass-produce ... using Hematopoietic Stem Cells (HSC). The new drug will complement the conventional ...
- Biotech EryPharm Announces a Revolutionary Technological Breakthrough in the Large- Scale Manufacturing of Red Blood Cellson April 8, 2021 at 7:36 am
Generated from native adult stem cells, they do not necessitate any ... Story continues With today’s breakthrough, EryPharm is now completing its second funding round to jumpstart industrial ...
- This Scientific Breakthrough Could Be the Next Miracle Cure for Type 1 Diabeteson April 2, 2021 at 5:00 pm
The implant grows insulin-producing cells from stem cells, which would eventually help manage glucose levels in type 1 diabetes patients. If the implant successfully passes the clinical trials ...
- Why stress can make you lose your hair: Scientists discover how tension suppresses the activity of hair follicles in breakthrough that could pave the way for a treatment for ...on March 31, 2021 at 8:43 am
Researchers from Harvard University found corticosterone, a hormone in mice released during chronic stress, suppresses the production of a protein called GAS6 and leads to hair loss.
- Researchers make a breakthrough in the quest for an AMD cureon March 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Recently, however, researchers at the University of Rochester have made an important breakthrough in the ... Confirming that RPE and mesenchymal stem cells play a role in the development of ...
- Japan Lab Says Stem Cell Research Was Falsifiedon March 29, 2021 at 11:06 am
The research from the Riken Center for Development Biology in Kobe, western Japan, had been hailed as a possible breakthrough ... cells from mice into stem cells by exposing cells from spleens ...