In the future, electric cars and plug-in hybrids may be able to carry their own solar charging station with them, folded up and ready to deploy, right from the car’s trunk.
The first of its kind is expected to be displayed in Rome later this year, as part of the launch of Volvo’s V60 Hybrid Electric Diesel model.
The Pure Tension Pavilion, picked as the winner of the 2013 Switch to Pure Volvo Pavilion Design competition, is an attempt to re-envision the standard pavilion used for trade shows, providing not only shelter and a beautiful design, but a power source as well.
The Pavilion is a tensioned membrane structure using an HDPE mesh skin, a carbon fiber skeleton, and integrating embedded photovoltaic panels, that can fully collapse and fit inside the trunk of the V60 when not in use.
The Latest Bing News on:
- 13 of the Creepiest Cults Throughout Historyon February 26, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Now, the film is available to own on Blu-ray! To further celebrate Sacrifice ’s release, we thought we’d dive into some of the creepiest cults throughout history featuring 13 megalomaniacs, heinous ...
- Behind the Sceneson February 25, 2021 at 5:34 am
On June 5th, join Untapped Cities and the Design Trust for Public Space for a studio tour of Snøhetta, an internationally renowned practice of architecture. There’s a secret garden on a roof of the ...
- New park breaks ground in southeast Bendon February 24, 2021 at 5:30 pm
It will have solar panels to power lights and irrigation systems, but the most anticipated feature at the new, 37-acre Alpenglow Community Park, will likely be the first splash pad ...
- Town offering free COVID-19 testing March 1on February 23, 2021 at 11:13 am
Free COVID-19 testing will be provided for Estes area residents on March 1. This testing is for symptomatic individuals and those who have been identified as close contacts of positive COVID ...
- Dubai gives a glimpse inside its Expo Sustainability Pavilionon February 23, 2021 at 12:15 am
Dubai's Expo 2020 will be held in October, and the Sustainability Pavilion will be a centerpiece of the event.
- HEAT, NRG Energy Launch Business And Clean Energy Partnershipon February 20, 2021 at 6:02 pm
In Miami, the energy provider will install a solar pavilion on the east side of the AmericanAirlines Arena. The new pavilion will be dotted throughout with circles spanning 16 to24 feet in ...
- Stunning Port Orange open home has modern finisheson February 19, 2021 at 7:14 am
This stunning home, featuring three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a two-car garage, is located minutes from the Port Orange Pavilion ... The existing solar panel payments can be assumed, and ...
- Ajman Free Zone delegation visits Terraon February 18, 2021 at 4:24 am
The delegation explored the pavilion’s features to learn more about how to create a more sustainable future and the many ways people can practice sustainable living, including solar energy and smart ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
Solar charging station
- BLUETTI Launches the EP500, a Solar Battery with Super Wattage Capacity for Intensive Off-Grid Solutionson February 27, 2021 at 12:02 pm
BLUETTI has established itself as a reputable brand in the green energy industry, with an eye towards reliability and cutting edge power solutions.
- Homewood Suites hotel with solar panels, electric charging stations to open in Ann Arboron February 24, 2021 at 7:28 am
Homewood Suites anticipates to open a new Ann Arbor hotel by the end of the year. The Hilton-owned brand is opening the hotel in five-story building at 2457 S State St. in Ann Arbor which is currently ...
- PMPML to set up solar charging stations at 6 depots soonon February 22, 2021 at 3:03 am
PUNE As the Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Limited (PMPML) is in the process of increasing the number of electric buses to its fleet, the public transport body has decided to increase its chargin ...
- Electrify America adds 30 solar-powered EV stationson February 19, 2021 at 1:03 am
Electrify America has added 30 solar-powered EV charging stations with two Level 2 chargers each to its network in California.
- A solar innovator predicts the top 5 trends in solar’s futureon February 18, 2021 at 9:56 am
Derya Baran, assistant professor of material science and engineering at KAUST, tells Electrek about what she sees in solar's future.
- Russelectric Adds Electric Vehicle Charging to Massachusetts Renewable Microgridon February 18, 2021 at 8:27 am
Russelectric installed a renewable, hybrid microgrid at its Hingham location,consisting of grid power, a solar photovoltaic power generation system, an energy storage system, and a diesel generator.
- Stevens County libraries are getting new solar phone charging stationson February 17, 2021 at 11:46 pm
Stevens County libraries are getting new solar phone charging stations . February 17, 2021 2:02 PM Connor Sarles Posted Feb 17, 2021 2:02 ...
- Stevens County libraries get new, solar-powered phone charging stationson February 17, 2021 at 1:02 pm
Picking up a book or a laptop from the Colville Public Library? Now you can charge your phone at one of the new solar-powered charging stations outside your local library.
- This power station is ready when the power goes outon February 17, 2021 at 11:29 am
The side panel of the EcoFlow Delta Portable Power Station has the charging inputs for AC power and solar panels.(EcoFlow) I ran the battery down to 1% and plugged it into the wall to charge. After 30 ...
- Garmin’s latest fitness watch is built to last up to 80 days with solar chargingon February 17, 2021 at 6:26 am
The wearable packs a 70-day battery life extendable up to 80 days with solar charging. It also features advanced training metrics along with all the basic fitness tracking features. Garmin is known ...