Today’s cars can drive themselves in and out of parking spots completely unassisted – conveniently controlled from the curbside using a smartphone.
This is possible thanks to Bosch’s Automatic Park Assist and its remote control function.
Thanks to this innovation, tight parking spots – even ones that are barely wide enough to open the car doors – won’t be a problem much longer. You’ll simply get out of the car in front of the parking spot, open the Bosch app on your cell phone, and press and hold a button to start the parking maneuver. The vehicle will then drive itself into – and back out of – the spot without anyone at the wheel. To abort the parking maneuver, you simply take your finger off the button.
Automatic Park Assist is likely to be available from 2015, and represents an evolution of the Bosch parking assistant that has been on the market since 2008. The parking assistant works on the basis of ultrasound sensors integrated into the side of the vehicle, which scan the surrounding area and identify suitable parking spaces. The system electronics then compute the most favorable steering maneuvers and automatically guide the vehicle in and out of the parking space – in the current version, however, the driver controls the car by accelerating, braking, and changing gear.
The Latest Bing News on:
World Wide Web
- On the Road from Web 3.0 to Metaverseon January 21, 2022 at 10:15 pm
On the Road to Web 3.0 In our changing and developing world, we learn about new concepts every day thanks to the technologies we use.
- World Wide Women: Campaign to promote digital skills among girlson January 20, 2022 at 11:45 am
In the era of internet, 'WWW' may stands for 'World Wide Web', but to empower young women and girls, the High Commission of Canada in partnership with the Digital Empowerment Foundation, coined ...
- The Go Game Dilemma: Can AI solve the intelligence issue behind Dark Web CSAM forums?on January 20, 2022 at 8:28 am
Inside the commercial World Wide Web, the act of creating synthetic traffic to your own website in order to create revenue from 'Ads, promoted to yourself or to your bot network' is a known ...
- How the Web went global after arriving in Silicon Valley from CERNon January 20, 2022 at 6:50 am
Everyone knows that the World Wide Web was invented at CERN in Switzerland, but the technology really began to take off when it reached the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC) in California’s ...
- Web daddy Tim Berners-Lee on privacy, data sharing, and the web's futureon January 20, 2022 at 1:30 am
Sir Tim Berners-Lee said today he believes many current global challenges can be solved if people can be convinced to share data – but on their own terms. He also said that the internet faces a number ...
- The inventor of the World Wide Web says his creation has been abused for too longon January 19, 2022 at 6:57 am
Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web, has called for a tighter focus on addressing the imbalance of power on the web. Speaking to Fujitsu CTO Vivek Mahajan at the company’s ActivateNow Summit, ...
- The decentralized web is not decentralizedon January 19, 2022 at 4:25 am
Cryptocurrency zealots preaching the gospel of Web3 claim everything we do online will be powered by b. Instead of large private companies managing speech and commerce o ...
- The metaverse is money and crypto is king: Why you'll be on a blockchain when virtual-world hoppingon January 17, 2022 at 6:19 am
You may think the metaverse will be a bunch of interconnected virtual spaces—the world wide web but accessed through virtual reality. This is largely correct, but there is also a fundamental but ...
- Virtual-world hopping through metaverse enabled by blockchainon January 14, 2022 at 5:25 am
You may think the metaverse will be a bunch of interconnected virtual spaces -- the world wide web but accessed through virtual reality. This is largely correct, but the blockchain will set it apart.
- Mediavine Joins the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)on January 13, 2022 at 7:12 am
Mediavine joins W3C alongside other key adtech players in an effort to advocate for independent web publishers as the digital ecosystem evolves.
The Latest Google Headlines on:
World Wide Web
The Latest Bing News on:
Fix the internet
- Apple preps fix for Safari's web-history-leaking IndexedDB privacy bugon January 21, 2022 at 2:56 pm
Apple is preparing to repair a bug in its WebKit browser engineer that has been leaking data from its Safari 15 browser at least since the problem was reported last November. Updates made available on ...
- How to Fix Rainbow Six Extraction Server Connection Error, Disconnected From Host and Other Issueson January 21, 2022 at 7:47 am
After year of anticipation, Rainbow Six Extraction is finally out but since the release, many players have been facing technical difficulties with the ...
- Elon Musk’s help requested to reconnect Tonga to the interneton January 20, 2022 at 8:35 pm
A New Zealand lawmaker has asked SpaceX chief Elon Musk to help reconnect Tonga to the internet after Saturday's volcanic eruption knocked it offline.
- How to fix slow internet speedson January 20, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Internet speeds have improved across the country, but your internet may still be too slow for a simple video call. If you're suddenly having this happen, it might be because ...
- Asset Management Is a Mess. Let’s Fix That!on January 20, 2022 at 4:54 pm
The growth of the Internet of Things (IoT), trends like remote working, and the increase in 5G adoption are combining to cause a massive surge in connected devices.
- What the Tech? How to Fix Slow WiFion January 20, 2022 at 1:10 pm
Every device that connects to your WiFi router pulls a little bit of bandwidth. It might not be much, but the cumulative total of devices can drag your speeds down.
- Huge iPhone bug may be leaking your info to strangers as Apple scrambles to fix iton January 20, 2022 at 8:08 am
APPLE is working on a fix for a recently discovered bug that is capable of exposing the personal data of iPhone users. The issue in the Safari browser lets any website track your internet activity ...
- With a Repair Ship Many Days Away, Tonga Faces Weeks of Digital Darknesson January 19, 2022 at 6:41 am
After a huge volcanic eruption severed the island country’s lone connection to the global internet, a difficult repair job, delving deep into the ocean, lies ahead.
- A lone undersea internet cable connected Tonga to the world — a volcanic eruption broke iton January 19, 2022 at 5:57 am
The effects of a colossal volcanic eruption in the Pacific archipelago of Tonga are still being calculated, but one consequence is clear: Tonga has been cut off from the internet, after the lone ...
- What the Tech? Fix slow WiFion January 18, 2022 at 4:26 am
Every device that connects to your WiFi router pulls a little bit of bandwidth. It might not be much, but the cumulative total of devices can drag your speeds down. And if it isn't fast enough, to ...