Today’s cars can drive themselves in and out of parking spots completely unassisted – conveniently controlled from the curbside using a smartphone.
This is possible thanks to Bosch’s Automatic Park Assist and its remote control function.
Thanks to this innovation, tight parking spots – even ones that are barely wide enough to open the car doors – won’t be a problem much longer. You’ll simply get out of the car in front of the parking spot, open the Bosch app on your cell phone, and press and hold a button to start the parking maneuver. The vehicle will then drive itself into – and back out of – the spot without anyone at the wheel. To abort the parking maneuver, you simply take your finger off the button.
Automatic Park Assist is likely to be available from 2015, and represents an evolution of the Bosch parking assistant that has been on the market since 2008. The parking assistant works on the basis of ultrasound sensors integrated into the side of the vehicle, which scan the surrounding area and identify suitable parking spaces. The system electronics then compute the most favorable steering maneuvers and automatically guide the vehicle in and out of the parking space – in the current version, however, the driver controls the car by accelerating, braking, and changing gear.
The Latest Bing News on:
World Wide Web
- Web creator Tim Berners-Lee on the future of dataon December 7, 2021 at 7:53 am
Data literacy will drive innovation, easing global warming and empowering citizens, according to Sir Tim Berners-Lee and Sir Nigel Shadbolt ...
- Web3: A look into the world of blockchains, NFTs and Metaverseon December 7, 2021 at 5:09 am
If cloud platforms or physical infrastructure form the foundation for services in Web2, all services in Web3, are built on top of a blockchain. However, to understand why Web3 is important, it’s ...
- Web3 imagines a decentralised web: Here’s what it wants to achieveon December 6, 2021 at 8:36 pm
Web3 isn t another buzzword or jargon which can be written off. It is the future of the internet. But what exactly is the vision here?
- Finding God On The Webon December 6, 2021 at 7:02 pm
God In Cyberspace Finding God On The Web. Across the internet, believers are re-examining their ideas of faith, religion and spirituality. By Joshua Cooper Ramo (TIME, December 16 ...
- Ticket sales for Spider-Man: No Way Home crashes webon November 30, 2021 at 7:16 am
Spider-Man's next big adventure doesn't come out for another couple of weeks, but it's already causing issues on the web.
- But Think Of The (World Wide) Users!on November 29, 2021 at 10:01 am
History is full of stories about technology that makes sense to the designer but doesn’t really fit the needs of the users. Take cake mixes. In 1929, a man named Duff realized that he could ...
- Web Science: Studying the Internet to Protect Our Futureon November 23, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Studying the Web will reveal better ways to exploit information, prevent identity theft, revolutionize industry, and manage our ever-growing online lives ...
- From the archives: WGN Radio debuts on the World Wide Webon November 18, 2021 at 9:50 am
Fittingly, the website was called a Web Experiment: During the next year, work continued to develop a site encompassing the entire station: Eventually, the first generation site would evolve to look ...
- Steve Bratt, CEO of New World Wide Web Foundation, Details Plans To Make the Web More Usable in the Developing Worldon November 16, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Xconomy: What’s the mission of the World Wide Web Foundation, and how is it different from the mission of the World Wide Web Consortium? Steve Bratt: Our overarching theme is empowering people ...
- The new world of Javaon November 15, 2021 at 5:39 am
For one, it’s a very accessible language, with the same featherlight footprint that made it ideal for distributed use in the early days of the mid-1990s World Wide Web. Java has been the ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
World Wide Web
The Latest Bing News on:
Fix the internet
- Fix YouTube error, Something went wrongon December 7, 2021 at 7:09 am
Here is a complete guide to fix the Something went wrong error message on YouTube which you may see when browsing on your Windows PC.
- European activists fight for right to repair electronicson December 7, 2021 at 5:05 am
At a table scattered with tools and wires, volunteer repairers sit across from the owners of an assortment of inoperable electronics. The volunteers at a free “repair ...
- Slow Internet Speeds Plague NYCHA Tenants Waiting For Upgradeon December 6, 2021 at 3:09 pm
An Internet Master Plan is in motion to connect NYCHA properties to high-speed internet. Tenants are having to make tough decisions while they wait.
- User has photos and accounts compromised by someone at Google’s mail-in Pixel repair programon December 6, 2021 at 5:37 am
The Google Pixel repair program is intended to help customers fix their broken smartphones, but one user had their life compromised.
- Federal ARP funds to be used to fix flood spillwayon December 6, 2021 at 2:59 am
Hawley Council, at their November 10 meeting discussed eligible projects the $120,683.60 in ARP funds the borough was allocated, with half received in 2021 and half coming in 2022.
- You might want to stay away from Google’s mail-in Pixel repair serviceon December 5, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Though companies are now working to let users repair their own device, most of us still go to a service center or mail-in the phone to the service center when a repair is needed. However, it seems ...
- Slow internet? You might have the wrong NBN speed, so here are the best plans to fix iton December 4, 2021 at 7:34 pm
Sure, they tend to be the cheapest of the lot, but the real price you pay is slow internet speeds. If you live by yourself and only want the internet to say, watch a flick on Disney+ and maybe scroll ...
- Internet Hero Finds Fix for Mysterious Android Auto Erroron December 4, 2021 at 1:01 pm
The experience with Android Auto isn’t always the most flawless for users out there, but you’d normally expect things to be substantially more polished on a Google device.
- AT&T failed to fix Ohio man’s broken Internet service for a monthon December 3, 2021 at 10:55 am
Ohio resident John Sopko had to go a month without his AT&T fixed wireless Internet service because the company repeatedly failed to diagnose and fix the problem, the Akron Beacon Journal reported ...
- How to Fix the FFXIV Endwalker Error 2002on December 3, 2021 at 5:09 am
Here are some unofficial user-end fixes for FFXIV Endwalker error 2002 that might help you get rid of the issue temporarily. Final Fantasy XIV fans are delighted to get their hands on the Endwalker ...