Today’s cars can drive themselves in and out of parking spots completely unassisted – conveniently controlled from the curbside using a smartphone.
This is possible thanks to Bosch’s Automatic Park Assist and its remote control function.
Thanks to this innovation, tight parking spots – even ones that are barely wide enough to open the car doors – won’t be a problem much longer. You’ll simply get out of the car in front of the parking spot, open the Bosch app on your cell phone, and press and hold a button to start the parking maneuver. The vehicle will then drive itself into – and back out of – the spot without anyone at the wheel. To abort the parking maneuver, you simply take your finger off the button.
Automatic Park Assist is likely to be available from 2015, and represents an evolution of the Bosch parking assistant that has been on the market since 2008. The parking assistant works on the basis of ultrasound sensors integrated into the side of the vehicle, which scan the surrounding area and identify suitable parking spaces. The system electronics then compute the most favorable steering maneuvers and automatically guide the vehicle in and out of the parking space – in the current version, however, the driver controls the car by accelerating, braking, and changing gear.
The Latest Bing News on:
World Wide Web
- On This Day: World Wide Web (WWW) Became Public Domainon April 29, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Tim Berners Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web, was born in the UK and his parents were computer scientists by profession. Lee was fascinated by trains in his childhood and had a model railway in ...
- Several rural Rock Co. residents feel like they’re waiting for the world wide webon April 29, 2021 at 4:04 pm
Several rural Rock County residents contacted the NBC15 newsroom with frustrations about their poor internet connections. One of those viewers is Bonnie Wetter. She lives in the Town of Newark, just ...
- Becoming Cloud Native: How Web Standards And Open-Source Software Are Revolutionizing Application Developmenton April 29, 2021 at 4:20 am
Cloud-native software provides the ideal platform for multicloud deployments because it is rooted in open-source standards established by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
- Video Games Around the Worldon April 25, 2021 at 10:22 am
Video games have become a global industry, and their history spans dozens of national industries where foreign imports compete with domestic productions, ...
- Cover Story: How Stack Overflow, GitHub are changing the programming worldon April 25, 2021 at 9:00 am
It was the late 1990s, and dial-up internet in Malaysia was the norm. The household landline doubled as a dial-up connection to the World Wide Web, and family members had to be careful to not pick up ...
- Sidelines | Read a 'monstrous classic' on World Book Dayon April 25, 2021 at 2:52 am
I accidentally wandered into a bookstore the other day and decided to buy a book that would promise as little practical help with my daily life as possible. They call it reading for reading's sake – ...
- Miami Heat Star Ready to ‘Handle’ Playoff Run, Not ‘World Wide Web’on April 22, 2021 at 9:21 pm
Miami Heat star Jimmy Butler just wants his teammates to help him get to the playoffs, then he'll handle the rest.
- Ad World Shaken By Onslaught Of Universal IDs As It Prepares To Give Up Cookieson April 22, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Changes in the ad industry have prompted insiders to innovate in data privacy, targeting and tracking as many refuse to wait for the government and have taken matters into their own hands. Some wonder ...
- Surprising facts about tech, gadgets and the wonderful World Wide Webon April 19, 2021 at 8:36 am
We've put together some interesting facts about tech, gadgets and the history of the web that you might not know.
- Explore the World Wide Web with your 'browser'on April 18, 2021 at 5:00 am
Most folks who use a “real” computer to access the Internet (as opposed to using a phone) do it with a single piece of software the mighty “browser.” Strangely, though, ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
World Wide Web
The Latest Bing News on:
Fix the internet
- Dan Kaminsky, S.F. native and pioneer of internet security, dies at 42on April 30, 2021 at 7:46 pm
Dan Kaminsky was an 11-year-old computer whiz working all night behind his bedroom door in St. Francis Wood when his mother, Trudy Maurer, got a phone call alerting her to what her son was up to. The ...
- Fix Long-Running Script error on Internet Explorer 11on April 30, 2021 at 2:32 pm
If you receive Not responding due to a long-running script error message while using Internet Explorer 11, this article will help you address that issue.
- This $30 a month browser wants to fix the worst thing about Chromeon April 29, 2021 at 1:45 pm
Chrome is the world’s most popular browser because it’s made by one of the biggest software developers in the world: Google. That’s also the reason why Chrome is free to use. The majority of ...
- uBreakiFix Brings Industry-Leading Smartphone Repair to Bowieon April 29, 2021 at 11:55 am
Electronics repair shop uBreakiFix is now open in Bowie at 15511 Annapolis Rd, Suite 520. The store offers repairs on ...
- Google Needs Help From Users to Fix Spotify on Android Autoon April 28, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Spotify is one of the leading choices whenever it comes to listening to music on the mobile phone and in the car, but on the other hand, the experience on Android Auto isn’t necessarily the smoothest ...
- Government Won’t Fix the Semiconductor Shortageon April 28, 2021 at 2:33 pm
The semiconductor and auto industries will resolve the issue before politicians finish assigning blame.
- Will Elon Musk's Starlink Fix Internet Issues in Western Pa.?on April 26, 2021 at 3:55 pm
Parts of Western Pennsylvania could eventually get broadband through Starlink, the satellite Internet service owned by Elon Musk, though some experts question whether the technology is a long-term ...
- Riz Ahmed Fixing His Wife's Hair At The Oscars Leaves The Internet With All Kinds Of Feelson April 25, 2021 at 7:53 pm
Riz Ahmed and Fatima Farheen Mirza made their red carpet debut together at the 2021 Oscars on Sunday evening (April 25). The actor, who was nominated for the Best Actor Academy Award for his role in ...
- It Will Take a Lot More Than Money to Fix the Digital Divideon April 22, 2021 at 2:50 am
When the world locked down a year ago, the internet suddenly became many people’s only portal to services, goods, and one another. They may not have felt like it at the time, but they were lucky. The ...
- Biden infrastructure plan sparks lobbying war over how to fix America’s interneton April 21, 2021 at 8:43 am
Wireless and cable companies argue the proposed $100 billion for broadband could unduly favor fiber technology and widen the digital divide for rural Americans.