We’ve already seen the Solar Kettle, which uses heat from the sun to boil water.
Now we have a product called SolSource that also harnesses the sun’s heat, but instead of boiling water, it can cook anything you would put on a regular grill.
The team at One Earth Designs began working on this product with a group of nomads in the Himalayas. It went through 13 prototypes before it ultimately arrived at its final design.
SolSource looks much like a satellite dish. The user points the metallic surface towards the sun, and it reflects the heat back to the cooking surface, thus making it hot enough for cooking. The team claims it is able to cook a burger in about six minutes, which is about the same amount of time it would take on a charcoal or propane grill.
In addition to grilling burgers and other standard grill food, SolSource can be used to bake, fry and boil, which means that in the right weather conditions, it can be the primary cooking device for a household. An additional key fact pointed out by the designers is that SolSource doesn’t create any emissions.
The Latest Bing News on:
- West Leyden, East Leyden high schools to start the new school year off with STEM experience, solar panel installationon August 2, 2022 at 11:47 am
West Leyden and East Leyden high schools are each scheduled to have solar panels installed on their respective campuses.
- Solar storm could bring both aurora lights and electrical issueson August 2, 2022 at 9:28 am
The solar winds could cause auroras around the North Pole, as well as weaken power grids and impact satellites. Animals such as birds that rely on the Earth’s magnetic field for ...
- BioLite adds portable power stations and a solar array to its charging lineupon July 31, 2022 at 9:13 pm
BioLite has just announced its new BaseCharge 600 and BaseCharge 1500 portable power stations, along with an accompanying SolarPanel 100..
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Roku, Amazon, First Solar, Intel, Apple & moreon July 29, 2022 at 11:07 am
Shares of Apple rose 3.3% after the company beat Wall Street profit and revenue forecasts, and CEO Tim Cook said he expects growth to accelerate despite “pockets of softness.” Sales of its iPhone saw ...
- After Going Solar, I Felt the Bliss of Sudden Abundanceon July 29, 2022 at 8:07 am
I’d snap at them: “What, you want the planet to cook extra fast?” If I found lights left on overnight ... something happened that changed my entire psychology around electricity: I installed solar ...
- Solar battery demand heats up as electricity costs go through the roofon July 28, 2022 at 5:00 pm
After years of waiting for solar battery systems to become more cost effective, many Canberra families have decided the ...
- El Pasoans are getting the opportunity to cook food with solar poweron July 27, 2022 at 10:59 am
EL PASO, Texas - Various organizations in El Paso are coming together to allow more locals to participate in the solar-powered cooking program. The cooking class has already been running since January ...
- Science students' solar powered s'mores are not so hoton July 19, 2022 at 8:55 pm
Science club students at Royal Wootton Bassett Academy built solar ovens to cook marshmallows for s’mores. But the results weren’t quite what they had hoped for. The Year and 8 pupils have been doing ...
- Twende Solar selects site for 2022 Solar Games equipment donationon July 18, 2022 at 11:56 am
Twende Solar will deliver and install a solar + storage system for the Wogagen School in Debre Birhan, Ethiopia.
- Global Solar Cooker Market Share Charges Ahead with Huge Growth by 2022-2028| ZIon Market Researchon July 17, 2022 at 11:39 pm
Jul 18, 2022 (Market Insight Reports) -- Global Solar Cooker Market Research Forecast 2022-2028: To provide the Key Manufacturers, Production, Revenue, Market Share, SWOT Analysis, CAGR Analysis ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
- Colorado Air Force base first in Space Command to add big solaron November 20, 2017 at 4:08 pm
AMEC Earth and Environmental, an international engineering and project management company, is teaming up with Denver-based SolSource on the $7.3 million installation. The companies expect to start ...
- Luxurious Breck home aims for zero net energy consumptionon November 20, 2017 at 3:15 am
Contractors on the team are all local. Representatives of SolSource, Major Heating and Geothermal and others spoke Saturday at a seminar in the home to explain its efficiencies before the drywall is ...