We’ve already seen the Solar Kettle, which uses heat from the sun to boil water.
Now we have a product called SolSource that also harnesses the sun’s heat, but instead of boiling water, it can cook anything you would put on a regular grill.
The team at One Earth Designs began working on this product with a group of nomads in the Himalayas. It went through 13 prototypes before it ultimately arrived at its final design.
SolSource looks much like a satellite dish. The user points the metallic surface towards the sun, and it reflects the heat back to the cooking surface, thus making it hot enough for cooking. The team claims it is able to cook a burger in about six minutes, which is about the same amount of time it would take on a charcoal or propane grill.
In addition to grilling burgers and other standard grill food, SolSource can be used to bake, fry and boil, which means that in the right weather conditions, it can be the primary cooking device for a household. An additional key fact pointed out by the designers is that SolSource doesn’t create any emissions.
The Latest Bing News on:
- As Cities Grapple With Climate Change, Gas Utilities Fight To Stay In Businesson February 22, 2021 at 1:39 pm
Natural gas utilities face a bleak future in a world increasingly concerned about climate change. An NPR investigation shows how they work to block local climate action and protect their business.
- How Argonne is working to power a clean energy revolutionon February 22, 2021 at 11:13 am
Argonne was established 75 years ago with a mission to advance atomic energy. Today we are working to revitalize the U.S. energy sector and boost growth economywide. Today, Argonne pursues an ...
- Maxeon Solar Technologies Welcomes Kai Strohbecke as New Chief Financial Officeron February 22, 2021 at 6:23 am
Maxeon Solar Technologies, Ltd. , a global leader in solar innovation, today announced that on March 15, 2021 Kai Strohbecke will be joining the company to serve as the new Chief Financial Officer ...
- Cuisine Solutions San Antonio Sous Vide Processing Facility Named Sustainable Plant of the Yearon February 22, 2021 at 6:05 am
Cuisine Solutions Inc. (CUSI), the global leader and largest premium food company in pioneering and perfecting sous vide ...
- Cut Your Kitchen’s Carbon Footprint With Magnetic Induction Cookingon February 21, 2021 at 6:32 am
To curb climate change, many experts have called for a massive shift from fossil fuels to electricity. The goal is to electrify processes like heating homes and powering cars, and then generate the ...
- Solar-Heated Tent For Indian Army: Sonam Wanghchuk, The Real-life Phunsukh Wangdu’s Innovative Gift For Jawans in Ladakh | PICS Insideon February 21, 2021 at 1:05 am
Sonam Wanghchuk, the man behind the character of ‘Fungsuk Wangdu’ in the Bollywood blockbuster ‘3 Idiots’ has found yet a solution to keep the Army jawans stationed in the Ladakh region warm. He has ...
- Sonam Wangchuk Comes Up With A Solar Powered Military Tent To Keep Our Army Men In Ladakh Warmon February 19, 2021 at 11:05 pm
Sonam Wangchuck, who was the inspiration behind the Phunsukh Wangdu character in Aamir Khan's 3 Idiots has come up with an innovation that could help our soldiers stay warm in the freezing cold of ...
- NREL: NREL Software Automates Residential Solar Permitting, Replacing Painstaking Process for Local Governmentson February 17, 2021 at 4:10 pm
In late 2020, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) released a no-cost, no-touch software system for cities and counties across the country to streamline rooftop solar permits, called ...
- More light, more eggs: Negaunee high schoolers put solar panel kit to good useon February 16, 2021 at 4:00 pm
It’s no big secret that sunlight is at a premium this time of year in the Upper Peninsula. To get around this meteorological fact of life, Todd Backlund’s environmental science class at Negaunee High ...
- Cleveland Public School goes green with proposed solar paneling and greenhouseon February 16, 2021 at 10:00 am
Students at Cleveland Public School may soon have new ways to learn about energy, the environment and plant life.
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
- Our view: Joplin should look for successful examples in addressing homelessnesson February 10, 2021 at 12:12 am
SolSource Greenbuild, based in Neosho, is building tiny homes for the project through a subsidiary it created in 2020 called Village Home Builders. Center Creek Teardrops, a Carl Junction company ...
- Two area businesses join nonprofit to help homelesson January 30, 2021 at 1:05 pm
SolSource Greenbuild, a Neosho company owned by Art Boyt, former Crowder College renewable energy program director, and his wife, Vickie Boyt, is building tiny homes for Eden Village II through a ...
- Colorado Air Force base first in Space Command to add big solaron November 20, 2017 at 4:08 pm
AMEC Earth and Environmental, an international engineering and project management company, is teaming up with Denver-based SolSource on the $7.3 million installation. The companies expect to start ...
- Emerging Gear: Outdoor Products This Weekon June 1, 2017 at 12:41 pm
Grill, saute, stir fry, even deep fry at the campsite without any flame. One Earth Designs’ SolSource Sport solar cooking system is a more portable successor to the original SolSource.
- Ask Eartha: Break out the grill for Labor Day: Charcoal or propane?on September 2, 2016 at 11:07 am
consider the SolSource Solar Grill by One Earth Designs. It heats up five times faster than charcoal (literally in minutes) and only requires direct sun, so keep your fingers crossed it’s a ...