A good wool shirt is awesome, but would you wear one for 100 days straight without washing it?
Wool & Prince claims that you can do exactly that with its buttondown shirts, which it handed out to 15 “wear testers” who wore them while engaging in such activities as backpacking in the Andes and dancing in “Tropical” NYC clubs. According to the makers, the shirts not only proved durable, but still looked – and smelled – fresh after over three months of straight wear.
The premise behind the Wool & Prince shirt is that it’s the buttondown equivalent to a pair of denim jeans. Jeans look good (if not worn by a middle-aged journalist), are durable, comfortable, and don’t need to be washed too often. Shirts, on the other hand, need to be washed after almost every wearing. The thinking was, why not make a buttondown shirt that worked like a pair of jeans?
Unfortunately, what works for jeans doesn’t for shirts. Denim jeans are made out of cotton, which is fine for trousers, but cotton shirts, however comfy they might be, tend to wear out quickly and don’t wick away perspiration very well, so they can get clammy and smelly pretty fast. Synthetic fibers or blends can help a bit with things like durability and wrinkles, but their smooth fiber surfaces are very good breeding areas for the bacteria that turn sweat into pong.
According to Wool & Prince, the clever bit isn’t some new scientific breakthrough in textiles. Instead, it’s a matter of using the highest quality Australian wool to make their proprietary “Cotton-Soft” wool fabric. Since this is a very fine Merino wool, it isn’t like the coarse, scratchy stuff used in jumpers. This fine wool allows the fibers to exploit a lot of material’s natural qualities. Wool is six times more durable than cotton, wrinkle resistant and wicks the sweat away, so skin bacteria don’t have a chance to get going. The proteins are naturally antibacterial and the waxy coating of the fibers discourages staining.
The Latest Bing News on:
Breakthrough in textiles
- Footwear industry needs to resolve difficulties to make breakthroughon January 16, 2021 at 4:36 pm
Particularly, it will focus on developing raw materials and auxiliary materials for textile and footwear industries to meet the needs for domestic raw materials and auxiliary materials to meet the ...
- Carbios Significantly Strengthened Its International Patent Portfolioon January 13, 2021 at 10:14 pm
Since its creation, Carbios has secured and strengthened its Intellectual Property portfolio by protecting its key innovations in research and industrial development. At the end of 2020, Carbios held ...
- Spinnova Joins Zero Discharge Of Hazardous Chemicals Communityon January 12, 2021 at 9:18 am
The sustainable material company Spinnova is happy to announce it has become a contributor of the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals’ Roadmap to Zero programme. ZDHC’s objective is to protect the ...
- 'Rules of origin' in Brexit deal spark trade confusionon January 10, 2021 at 1:52 pm
LONDON • Many British businesses are swiftly discovering that they must now pay duties on exports bound for the European Union, despite the breakthrough Brexit free trade deal clinched over Christmas.
- Brexit Deal's 'Rules Of Origin' Spark Trade Confusionon January 10, 2021 at 4:19 am
Many British businesses are swiftly discovering that they must now pay duties on exports bound for the European Union, despite the breakthrough Brexit free trade deal clinched over Christmas.
- Unilever And Innova Partnerships One Step Closer To Self-Cleaning Surfaceson January 5, 2021 at 12:49 pm
This patented technology, which Unilever has been researching for over 10 years, is developed from natural chemicals in seaweed biology and has the potential to be used in a range of situations – from ...
- Six fashion designers to watch in 2021on January 1, 2021 at 10:30 pm
2020 was a breakthrough year for menswear designer ... Ahluwalia uses vintage and deadstock textiles to create her vibrant, often patchworked, sportswear-inflected designs, which are stocked ...
- TGI Enters in to Joint Development Agreement Elevated Sciences to Develop SMART ECO CITY Concepton December 30, 2020 at 10:01 am
NORTH BRUNSWICK, NJ / ACCESSWIRE / December 30, 2020 / TGI SOLAR POWER GROUP INC. (OTC PINK:TSPG) ('TGI'), a diversified technology company, announced today that it has entered into a joint ...
- ZEN Graphene Solutions Provides Update on Cytotoxicity Testing of Graphene-Based Compound and Effectiveness of Graphene-Based Coatingon December 29, 2020 at 6:44 am
What started as a breakthrough in our fight against the current global ... Testing per the same protocol as earlier testing in accordance with ISO 18184:2019 (Textiles – Determination of Antiviral ...
- Vietnam’s exports to US estimated at $76.4 billion in 2020on December 28, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Besides traditional exports such as textiles, footwear and aquatic products ... According to the Vietnam Trade Office in the US, the two countries have witnessed a strong breakthrough in the bilateral ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
Breakthrough in textiles
The Latest Bing News on:
Wool & Prince
- The Best Wool Beanies for Men in 2021on January 17, 2021 at 12:06 am
For Fall/Winter ’20 collections these designers showed how beanies are a versatile piece in any man’s wardrobe. The best wool beanies for men are able to be dressed up for a timeless look paired with ...
- Genesee teen takes second in wool conteston January 17, 2021 at 12:00 am
Mia Scharnhorst, a 15-year-old from Genesee, placed second in the junior division of the annual Idaho Make It with Wool contest with her 100 percent Pendleton wool dress in a ...
- Conor McGregor accuses Khabib Nurmagomedov of "pulling the wool over people's eyes"on January 15, 2021 at 2:59 pm
Nurmagomedov was locked in talks with UFC president Dana White on Friday over a potential U-turn on his retirement, but McGregor is sceptical about landing a rematch ...
- Shepherd's hut, your highness? This is more like a palace! Woman looking after Prince Charles's 650-strong Scottish flock enjoys a bespoke cabin with stained-glass windows ...on January 15, 2021 at 2:04 pm
Charlotte Darwent, 27, who cares for the prince's rare-breed sheep at his beloved Dumfries House in Ayrshire, told the Mail that she is delighted with her luxury pied-a-terre in the fields.
- Switch to wool-shedding sheep benefits Exmoor farmeron January 14, 2021 at 11:31 pm
The purchase of a small number of Wiltshire Horn ewes to graze some coastal ground for the Higher-Level Entry Scheme led Exmoor farmer David Knight to ...
- Wool opens with big offering, but market holdson January 14, 2021 at 11:30 pm
The Australian wool market opened up its 2021 campaign better than anticipated with the AWEX Eastern Market Indicator (EMI) increasing by 15 cents to finish at 1172c per kilogram, clean. Despite the ...
- Merino wool chosen for new barefoot rangeon January 14, 2021 at 6:16 pm
The Primus Knit Wool models incorporate Merino wool next to the skin of the foot, which provides year-round natural comfort. Pictured is the Primus ...
- The Best Wool Sweaters for Men in 2021on January 13, 2021 at 1:00 am
From cable knit classics to abstract patterns, we rounded up some of the best wool sweaters for men in every style to help you find the best option for you.
- Wool Doubles Through Duarte With the Higher Pocket Pairon January 12, 2021 at 4:32 am
Andrew "dawhiteninja" Wool raised to 2,800,000 from the button and Mathias "mdf92" Duarte three-bet from the big blind to put Wool all-in who called for the 16,494,912 he had behind.
- State winners named in Wyoming Make It With Wool conteston January 11, 2021 at 9:06 pm
State winners were named during the December 2020 Wyoming Make it With Wool competition in Laramie. Due to COVID-19, there was no in-person modeling of garments. Contestants submitted 39 entries from ...