Sir Ken Robinson outlines 3 principles crucial for the human mind to flourish — and how current education culture works against them.
In a funny, stirring talk he tells us how to get out of the educational “death valley” we now face, and how to nurture our youngest generations with a climate of possibility.
Creativity expert Sir Ken Robinson challenges the way we’re educating our children. He champions a radical rethink of our school systems, to cultivate creativity and acknowledge multiple types of intelligence.
The Latest Bing News on:
Sir Ken Robinson
- Who is your EdTech icon?on June 12, 2021 at 2:21 pm
On the June 12th we’re asking “who is your EdTech icon?“ I’ll be honest, I’d want to question the use of the word icon here, but ultimately I want to talk about three people who have influenced or ...
- FETC 2018: Sir Ken Robinson Urges Educators to Drop the Standardized Approachon May 9, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Sir Ken Robinson, a noted thinker on innovation and creative thinking, who was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for his services to the arts, cited the example of a school in Bihar, India, where parents ...
- Watch: Kermit the Frog gave a TED talk, so you can take advice from an actual Muppet if you wanton February 24, 2021 at 10:01 pm
The famous frog recently gave a TED talk about creativity, and along with a helping hand from author and creativity expert Sir Ken Robinson, he had a lot to say on the topic. Kermit's sage words ...
- Sir Ken Robinson on creativity in the classroomon March 14, 2019 at 8:26 am
Sir Ken Robinson on creativity in the classroom The author and popular TED Talk speaker Sir Ken Robinson says we are facing an economic tsunami, and he explains that an academic degree isn't the ...
- Sir Ken Robinson on how to encourage creativity among studentson March 13, 2019 at 6:05 am
Sir Ken Robinson on how to encourage creativity among students In our Ideas That Matter series with Ted, we talk to Sir Ken Robinson, the man behind the most-watched Ted Talk of all time: "Do ...
- Sir Ken Robinson: U.S. education system ‘broken’on December 12, 2017 at 11:30 pm
$16 billion: Approximate annual revenue of the U.S. standardized testing industry. Source: Sir Ken Robinson. EDWARDS — There’s always talk in education circles of getting back to basics.
- Sir Ken Robinson: U.S. education system ‘broken’on October 15, 2016 at 8:21 pm
$16 billion: Approximate annual revenue of the U.S. standardized testing industry. Source: Sir Ken Robinson. EDWARDS — There’s always talk in education circles of getting back to basics. But Sir Ken ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
Sir Ken Robinson
The Latest Bing News on:
Radical rethink of our school systems
- New Boston exam school admission requirements might include entrance test and ZIP code allocationson June 11, 2021 at 4:58 pm
The process of overhauling the exam-school admission requirements has been rife with controversy, including a federal lawsuit and the resignation of three of the School Committee members, including ...
- Rep. Lauren Bobert calls on critical race theory to be banned in schoolson June 11, 2021 at 11:51 am
U.S. House Rep. Lauren Boebert has been staunchly against teaching critical race theory in schools, calling the academic concept a “lie” and “racist” on Twitter. But experts say the subjects are ...
- This is the time to fix the big issues within British education, the length of the school day is not one of themon June 10, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Months of lockdown have resulted in literally millions of school days lost. Wherever crisis does occur, history tells us that reform, as well as recovery, usually occurs. So far it suggests that the ...
- The WHO Calls for Radical Change in Global Mental Healthon June 10, 2021 at 6:09 am
The World Health Organization newly published guidance for community mental health urges an end to forced treatment and the adoption of person-centered and rights-based services.
- Teachers Are Feeding Critical Race Theory to Our Kids. Look What’s Happening in Wisconsin.on June 7, 2021 at 5:32 pm
Critical race theory preaches that the U.S. was founded on racism and grew to become a successful nation because of this racism.
- Parents sue Loudoun County schools over equity programson June 3, 2021 at 7:51 am
Equity programs in Loudoun County Public Schools in Virginia have led to a lawsuit as a group of parents argue the programs are unconstitutional.
- Will strong DeSantis views on teaching race deter equity effort in schools?on June 1, 2021 at 10:06 am
A movement started amid last summer’s protests is running up against the governor’s push to tamp down classroom discussions about race.
- Revisiting and Rethinking Our Prioritieson May 27, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Schools have responded rapidly to the challenges of the past year, but now is a time to reassess some educational priorities.
- Opinion: 'Radical left' using 'race theory' to inject socialism into every aspect of lifeon May 24, 2021 at 10:15 am
As a mom, the well-being and education of our ... schools closed. And more and more, we’re seeing the left push their radical agenda through critical race theory which is seeping into school ...
- Time for a radical rethinkon May 20, 2021 at 5:00 pm
he said this should give way to a total transformation of the pharmaceutical patent system. “Pausing the gears is not enough. Our obligation is to dismantle it entirely, ” he said in a video ...