Sir Ken Robinson outlines 3 principles crucial for the human mind to flourish — and how current education culture works against them.
In a funny, stirring talk he tells us how to get out of the educational “death valley” we now face, and how to nurture our youngest generations with a climate of possibility.
Creativity expert Sir Ken Robinson challenges the way we’re educating our children. He champions a radical rethink of our school systems, to cultivate creativity and acknowledge multiple types of intelligence.
The Latest Bing News on:
Sir Ken Robinson
- Shelly: New year offers endless opportunities to learn, growon January 18, 2021 at 7:48 pm
Linda Shelly's op-ed examines the endless opportunities people have to continue learning through the wonders and convenience of modern technology ...
- Getting National Education Policy righton January 15, 2021 at 3:30 pm
By Ashok Pandey and Amit Kumar Sir Ken Robinson (1950-2020), in his famous Ted talk "Do Schools Kill Creativity?" shook the conscience of educators worldwide. "Explorer’s Academy," he answered to ...
- What makes a great teacher? – 7 things that separate the best from the reston January 14, 2021 at 9:04 am
How do we identify great educators? Teachers will often be judged – unfairly – on their students’ exam results, or contribution to their school’s standing in the league tables. Devotees of the film ...
- TEDTalks: Knowledge Is Poweron January 12, 2021 at 3:59 pm
Episode 11 - Sir Ken Robinson: Bring on the Learni... In this follow-up to his fabled 2006 talk, Sir Ken Robinson makes the case for a radical shift from standardized schools to personalized learning.
- Mary McCartney to direct tell-all Abbey Road Studios doc If These Walls Could Singon January 12, 2021 at 6:50 am
And so it's only fitting that Sir Paul McCartney's daughter ... It will be executive produced by Universal Music UK’s Marc Robinson and Mercury Studios CEO, Alice Webb. Mary, 51 - whose mother ...
- NOW Government says BTECs can be cancelled... just HOURS before pupils are due to sit first exams - amid fury over axing of GCSEs and A-levels with predicted grades used for ...on January 5, 2021 at 11:35 pm
Ex-Ofsted chief inspector Sir Michael Wilshaw said of Mr Williamson: 'He has got a lot wrong up to now, hasn't he?' All GCSEs and A-levels have been abandoned for the second year in a row ...
- Sir Ken Robinson on how to encourage creativity among studentson March 13, 2019 at 6:05 am
Sir Ken Robinson on how to encourage creativity among students In our Ideas That Matter series with Ted, we talk to Sir Ken Robinson, the man behind the most-watched Ted Talk of all time: "Do ...
- Sir Ken Robinson: Industrialism Marginalized Human Talenton December 30, 2018 at 9:29 am
Ken Robinson, innovation expert and author of Out of Our Minds: Learning to Be Creative, overcame polio to become one of the world's leaders in the development of creativity in business ...
- Kidspiration Cool Jobs Video: Ken Robinson, Education Experton December 21, 2017 at 10:43 am
In this video, Mason meets Sir Ken Robinson, an educationalist and advocate for creativity in schools. Robinson talks about his work with schools, government organizations, and many private and public ...
- Sir Ken Robinson on creative schools, transforming educationon April 21, 2015 at 6:13 am
Robinson joins “CBS This Morning” to discuss his new book, “Creative Schools: The Grassroots Revolution That’s Transforming Education.” ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
Sir Ken Robinson
The Latest Bing News on:
Radical rethink of our school systems
- Small colleges will need radical change to surviveon January 24, 2021 at 10:06 am
Nestled in thousands of gorgeous acres at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains is my tiny alma mater — Sweet Briar College. Frequently one of the ...
- 'We're White': Virginia Newspaper's Radical Confession Gets Swift Pushbackon January 22, 2021 at 10:37 am
A Virginia newspaper's acknowledgment that the team behind its new reporting series about segregation in Norfolk is white drew heated responses from readers on social media. The Virginian-Pilot ...
- University of California: Making Masks Smarter and Safer Against COVID-19on January 22, 2021 at 3:18 am
A new tool for monitoring COVID-19 may one day be right under your nose. Researchers at the University of California San Diego are developing a color-changing test strip that can be stuck on a ...
- Rethinking grades amid the pandemic: Back to the ABCson January 22, 2021 at 3:00 am
When school reopened in September, educators sought to strike a balance between “no harm” grading policies and the need to hold students accountable for learning.
- Rethinking the world. Radical design in an age of crisison January 20, 2021 at 10:02 am
"Design In An Age Of Crisis” is an international open call inviting creative professionals, the public and students to create innovative design through radical thinking.
- Will standardized testing in Washington schools survive the pandemic?on January 20, 2021 at 9:00 am
With the nation’s education system rocked by a pandemic that led to the pause of a broad swath of standardized tests, some education leaders say it’s time to rethink testing.
- Biden pick for Dep. Sec of Ed backs ‘antiracist therapy’ for white teachers to stop ‘spirit murder’ of black studentson January 19, 2021 at 8:02 am
Joe Biden's pick for Dep. Secretary of Education backs 'antiracist therapy' for white teachers to stop the 'spirit murder' of black students.
- Michigan schools consider pass/fail grading system, rethink final exams amid pandemicon January 13, 2021 at 7:20 am
To combat the problem in Michigan, school leaders are reconsidering their approaches to grades and assignments this school year.
- Spirit Murder, Lizard Brains and the Abolition of Whitenesson January 12, 2021 at 9:33 am
This one was held by Bettina Love, a race-obsessed college professor, who claims that American schools are guilty of the “ spirit murdering of Black children .” She also insists that “Whiteness ...
- As D.C. schools work to reopen, other systems in region rethink plans for second semesteron January 5, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Support our journalism ... extracurricular activities. Every school is expected to serve at least 25 percent of its student body in person. The school system has not yet told teachers whether ...