Dr. Masanori Kikuchi, Group Leader of the Bioceramics Group, International Center for Materials Nanoarchitectonics (MANA) and a research group at Tokyo Medical and Dental University succeeded in developing a coating method which accelerates bonding with bone by 3 times.
Dr. Masanori Kikuchi, Group Leader of the Bioceramics Group, International Center for Materials Nanoarchitectonics (MANA; Director-General: Masakazu Aono), National Institute for Materials Science (President: Sukekatsu Ushioda), and a research group including Masayoshi Uezona (graduate student), Prof. Kazuo Takakuda (Institute of Biomaterials and Bioengineering), Prof. Keiji Moriyama (School of Dentistry, Maxillofacial Orthognathics), and others at Tokyo Medical and Dental University (President; Takashi Ohyama) succeeded in developing a coating which accelerates bonding with bone by 3 times.
Orthodontic subperiosteal devices are superior in terms of low invasiveness, but because bonding with bone on the surface of the bone is necessary, a minimum waiting time of approximately 3 months had been required until medical use was possible, even when coating treatment was performed with hydroxy apatite (HAp). In order to shorten this time, the device shape was optimized and a new coating method was developed in joint work by NIMS and Tokyo Medical and Dental University. As a result, a coating method which realizes in only 1 month the same bone coverage as after 3 months with the conventional device was established.
The Latest Bing News on:
Bonding with bone
- Deputy sustains broken facial bone in attack, alleged assailant out on personal bondon June 10, 2021 at 12:30 pm
A Pontiac woman who allegedly punched a sheriff’s deputy —breaking a bone in his face after he offered help to her — has been charged with a felony and released ...
- Oakland County Sheriff outraged as Pontiac woman gets personal bond after breaking deputy's eye boneon June 10, 2021 at 12:25 pm
A woman charged with assaulting a deputy and breaking a bone in his face was out of jail this week without having to pay any money to be released.
- The Bone Grafts Market To Continue Revolving In The Growth Orbit With Technological Advancementson June 10, 2021 at 10:23 am
In other words, the Bone Grafts Market will witness the assimilation of datasets and interventions for saving on costs and improving users’ experience. Implants are used to treat orthopedic, dental ...
- VT linebacker charged with murder will be out on bond and living in VB under new agreementon June 9, 2021 at 9:29 am
Isimemen Etute, a Virginia Beach native, who was arrested and charged with second-degree murder earlier this month, was in court today for a bond hearing. A Montgomery County General District Court ...
- Dog that discovered first bone in West Mesa murder investigation dieson June 8, 2021 at 9:25 am
Twelve years ago, the remains of 11 women were found buried in Albuquerque's West Mesa. It was a scene that all started with the discovery made by a dog named Ruca.
- Going to my patient’s funeral honoured our bondon June 7, 2021 at 4:00 am
I went to David’s funeral recently. He was 26 and had been a patient of mine since undergoing a bone marrow transplant for high-risk, acute myeloid leukaemia six years earlier. He had been sick, very ...
- Sierra Vista man held without bond on suspicion of child abuseon June 1, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Two children between the ages of 1 and 5 "showed signs of being beaten, with one suffering serious injuries," the Sierra Vista Police Department said.
- Diphosphonates Inhibit Hydroxyapatite Dissolution in vitro and Bone Resorption in Tissue Culture and in vivoon May 27, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Switzerland See allHide authors and affiliations Two diphosphonates containing the P-C-P bond, Cl 2 C(PO 3 HNa) 2, and H 2 C(PO 3 HNa) 2 retard the rate of dissolution of apatite crystals in vitro.
- Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Arjun Bijlani posts stunning pictures with Nikki Tamboli, says 'she has a funny bone'on May 27, 2021 at 11:07 am
Well, Arjun and Nikki may be rival contestants on the adventure reality show, but they surely seem to have struck a bond while shooting ... "She has a funny bone !! #kkk11 #khatronkekhiladi ...
- Detroit Lions' T.J. Hockenson has 'plenty of meat on the bone' heading into 2021 seasonon May 25, 2021 at 7:53 pm
"I think it’s been a fairly consistent message all offseason from Coach (Dan) Campbell to A-Lynn (offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn) that there’s plenty meat still on that bone for him ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
Bonding with bone
The Latest Bing News on:
Orthodontic subperiosteal devices
- Surgery of the Medial Collateral Ligament in Patients Undergoing Total Knee Replacementson June 8, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Patients are fit with braces close to full extension for the ... a long leg splint or knee immobilizer may be replaced with a hinged device, or a previously locked hinge can be unlocked.
- Dental Implants Market projected to expand at a CAGR of 7.1% from 2019 to 2027on May 26, 2021 at 9:29 pm
flag=EB&rep_id=224 Endosteal Implants Segment to Dominate Market Based on product type, the global dental implants market has been divided into endosteal implants, subperiosteal implants ...
- High-Tech Implantson May 26, 2021 at 5:00 pm
On order is a Connex 500 from Objet Corp. The equipment serves a myriad of roles, ranging from pre- and post-surgical medical models to custom cranial implants, subperiosteal dental implants, facial ...
- Dental Implant Market Size to Witness Huge Growth by 2025on May 17, 2021 at 7:10 pm
utm_source=Marketwatch.com&utm_medium=AN Escalating demand for innovative devices such as ... segment is pulling the overall dental implant market share from subperiosteal implant, owing to ...
- Dental Implants Market Size 2021 | Is Projected to Reach USD 5.81 Billion by 2027, Exhibiting a CAGR of 4.1%on May 10, 2021 at 4:10 am
The spreading awareness of these conditions has stoked the adoption of the latest dental technologies such as the use of next-generation dental devices by doctors ... is classified into endosteal ...
- Tumor Embolization Devices Global Market Report 2021: COVID 19 Growth And Change to 2030on May 10, 2021 at 3:26 am
New York, May 10, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Tumor Embolization Devices Global Market Report 2021: COVID 19 Growth ...
- Dental Implants Market Size 2021 | Is Projected to Reach USD 5.81 Billion by 2027, Exhibiting a CAGR of 4.1%on May 10, 2021 at 12:06 am
The spreading awareness of these conditions has stoked the adoption of the latest dental technologies such as the use of next-generation dental devices by doctors, computer-based dental treatments ...
- TREATMENT OF SEGMENTAL DEFECT OF TIBIA SHORTENING BONE FOLLOWED BY LENGTHENINGon August 19, 2020 at 4:27 am
Acute bone shortening with compression of proximal and distal segments was performed. A subperiosteal osteotomy was performed between the half-ring and middle ring. Bone distraction started seven days ...