Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI), which lays claim to being the largest shipbuilding company in the world, says it has developed a miniature welding robot that can be easily transported by a worker and affixed to a ship using magnets.
The small, portable robot is expected to increase worker productivity two to threefold.
Developed at an internal HHI Research Institute, the miniature welding arm weighs just 15 kg (33 lb), and measures 15 cm (6 inches) high and 50 cm (20 inches) long. The arm itself consists of six joints, allowing it to reach and move like a human arm. Like other industrial robots, this one can operate continuously and produces clean, uniform results.
The robot’s small form factor not only makes it easy to transport, but allows it to weld in tight spaces that may be hard to reach by human workers. HHI is involved not only in shipbuilding but also offshore oil rigs, so the robot will get different software to allow it to tackle multiple jobs on marine construction sites, including steel cutting, blasting, and painting work.
The Latest Bing News on:
- On 100th Anniversary of 'Robot,' They're Finally Taking Overon January 24, 2021 at 3:55 pm
Karel Capek's play "R.U.R." -- short for "Rossum's Universal Robots" -- premiered in Prague. It was a sensation. Within two years it had been translated into 30 languages, including English, to which ...
- On the 100th Anniversary of ‘Robot,’ They’re Finally Taking Overon January 22, 2021 at 8:00 pm
A century after playwright Karel Čapek coined the word ‘robot,’ we finally have the technology to make the stuff of science fiction a reality—for better and for worse ...
- RoboDK releases TwinTrack, an assist tool for industrial robot programmingon January 22, 2021 at 9:47 am
TwinTrack is compatible out-of-the-box with over 500 industrial robots from the 50 brands that RoboDK already supports.
- The Robotic Welding Market is expected to grow by $5.96 bn during 2017-2023 progressing at a CAGR of 8.91% during the forecast periodon January 21, 2021 at 12:28 pm
Some of the leading players in the robotic welding market include Yaskawa (Japan), Kuka (Germany), Fanuc (Japan), ABB (Switzerland), and Panasonic (Japan).”Global Robotic ...
- The role of painting robotson January 21, 2021 at 2:19 am
For a long time, the most common form of industrial painting required the use of human specialist coating teams, and typically, these jobs included the painting of warehouses, machinery or automobiles ...
- Intelligent Automotive Welding Robot Market Size, Latest Report | Chief Manufacturers, Market Growth, Technology Features, Analysis By 2027on January 20, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Jan (The Expresswire) -- "Final Report will add the analysis of the impact of COVID-19 on this industry." Global Intelligent Automotive ...
- RoboDK Unveils TwinTrack: A Tool For Simple Handheld Robot Programmingon January 20, 2021 at 12:04 pm
With RoboDK TwinTrack you can teach robots only by demonstration. No need to use a computer or a robot teach pendant!
- RoboDK unveils ‘handheld robot programming’ systemon January 20, 2021 at 8:45 am
Robot software company RoboDK has released TwinTrack, a tool that allows users to program any industrial robot quickly and easily by tracing the desired motion with a handheld probe. (See video ...
- Chouest's LaShip Shipyard Adds New Welding Roboton January 14, 2021 at 8:08 am
Finnish welding and production automation company Pemamek said it delivered a new welding robot station to Edison Chouest ...
- Robot Valley Co., Ltd., Specialist in Advanced Manufacturing Robot Technology is Bringing Its Expertise to the U.S. Marketon January 14, 2021 at 6:21 am
Robot Valley Co., Ltd., specialist in advanced manufacturing robot technology and supplying robot systems, is bringing its expertise to the U.S. market.
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
Miniature welding robot
- ABB India Ltd.on January 20, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Robotics: ABB is a leading supplier of industrial robots – also providing robot software, peripheral equipment, modular manufacturing cells and service for tasks such as welding, handling ...
- First Ride: 2021 Devinci Marshall - Aluminum, Affordable, & Made in Canadaon January 20, 2021 at 9:31 am
The last couple of years have shown us that an exorbitant price tag isn't a requirement to get a functional and capable machine, as more and more well spec'd aluminum bikes hit the market.
- Testing A Battery-Powered Mini Spot Welderon January 19, 2021 at 4:00 pm
That’s the work of a spot welder. Spot welding is one of those processes that doesn’t offer much in the way of alternatives; either one uses a spot welder to do the job right, or one simply ...
- I’m a high school sophomore. Here’s how schools can teach kids to solve real-world problemson January 11, 2021 at 5:08 am
Throughout middle school, I tinkered with wiring and welding and electronics (as you ... those skills to create one large project such as a mini-car or a primitive clock. We learned how to follow ...
- I’m a high school sophomore. Here’s how schools can teach kids to solve real-world problemson January 11, 2021 at 12:00 am
Rather than starting with the solution, students should first be taught to research and investigate the problem.
- Yaskawa Introduces New ArcWorld CS Robot Welding Cellon January 5, 2021 at 12:22 pm
NewswireToday - /newswire/ - Eschborn, Hesse, Germany, 2021/01/05 - Yaskawa has further expanded its range of turn-key robot welding cells with the new ArcWorld CS - YASKAWA.com. This new product also ...
- Welding Robot Takes On A Hot, Dirty, Dangerous Jobon December 31, 2020 at 4:00 pm
They used to say that robots would take over the jobs too dirty or dangerous for humans. That is exactly what [Joel Sullivan] had in mind when he created this welding robot. [Joel] designed the ...
- Rocklin Manufacturing Co.on August 17, 2020 at 4:01 am
IMTS Spark: Rocklin Manufacturing’s FlyMarker mini 85/45 plus is a portable, battery-operated dot-peen marker with a large marking area and deep marking power. Rocklin's FlyMarker Mini 85-45 Plus ...
- The rise of Robot Operating System (ROS) softwareon August 16, 2020 at 11:57 am
However, it was never designed for painting, spot welding, or arc-welding process ... ROS can be used with microcontrollers associated with miniature robotic designs because ROS can run on Linux ...
- Plasma Welding Equipment Informationon February 8, 2018 at 10:47 am
It provides an advanced level of control and accuracy in order to produce high quality welds in miniature or precision ... and positioners; robots; and other required components. Image credit: Medical ...