Human scabs have become the model for development of an advanced wound dressing material that shows promise for speeding the healing process, scientists are reporting.
Their study appears in the journal ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces.
Shutao Wang and colleagues explain that scabs are a perfect natural dressing material for wounds. In addition to preventing further bleeding, scabs protect against infection and recruit the new cells needed for healing. Existing bandages and other dressings for wounds generally are intended to prevent bleeding and infections. Wang’s team set out to develop a new generation of wound dressings that reduce the risk of infections while speeding the healing process.
They describe how research on the surface structure of natural scabs served as inspiration for developing a “cytophilic” wound dressing material. It attracts new cells needed for healing. The material mimics the underside of scabs, where tiny fibers are arranged in the same direction like velvet or a cat’s fur. Wang’s team spun fibers of polyurethane — the common durable and flexible plastic — into the same pattern. In laboratory experiments, the human cells involved in healing quickly attached to the membrane and lined up like those in actual scabs. The scientists conclude that this membrane “is of great potential in fabricating dressing materials for rapid wound healing, as well as other biomaterials, such as membrane for capturing circulating tumor cells, bone growth and constructing neural networks.”
The Latest Bing News on:
Wound dressing material
- Do Hydrocolloid Bandages for Acne Actually Work?on January 15, 2021 at 3:09 pm
Like most beauty trends on TikTok, this isn't exactly a new idea, but a regurgitation of a hack that was floating around on blogs before hydrocolloid pimple patches were available in a mass market ...
- Healthcare Fabrics Market worth $23.3 billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarketson January 13, 2021 at 2:46 am
According to the new market research report "Healthcare Fabrics Market by Raw Material (Polypropylene, Cotton, Polyester, Viscose, Polyamide), Fabric Type ...
- Healthcare Fabrics Market worth $23.3 billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™on January 13, 2021 at 2:40 am
Improved quality of healthcare fabrics, growing need for better and convenient wound dressing materials and increasing use of non-woven fabrics in healthcare are also playing a significant role in ...
- Global Advance Wound Care Market to reach nearly US$ 15 Billion by 2030, Market to Stay Afloat During COVID-19 Crisis, Projects Fact.MRon January 13, 2021 at 2:21 am
The global advance wound care market was valued at US 10 Bn in 2019 and is poised to expand 1 4x by 2030 to reach a value pool of almost US 15 Bn The high prevalence of chronic wounds has ...
- Electric Bandageson January 10, 2021 at 4:00 pm
They call it the CMB Antimicrobial Wound Dressing, and it is made of polyester fabric woven with a proprietary material called Prosit. When the bandage is moistened, the Prosit generates a low ...
- India generated around 33,000 tonnes COVID-19 waste in 7 months; Maharashtra biggest contributoron January 10, 2021 at 1:27 am
COVID-19 biomedical waste could include PPE kits, masks, shoe covers, gloves, human tissues, items contaminated with blood, body fluids like dressings ... that have genetic material like DNA ...
- Belgium and Netherlands Advanced Wound Care Market…on January 7, 2021 at 1:00 am
Dressing is further segmented into foam dressings, hydrogels, film dressings ... price trend analysis, cost of raw materials, down-stream and upstream value chain analysis are some of the major ...
- Will Smart Pills Lead to Greater Adoption of Nano Technology in 2021 and Beyond? Report Analyzeson January 6, 2021 at 6:58 pm
It discovers application in wound dressing, medical textile and implantable materials, and biochips. The rising number of patients infected by COVID-19 also has impacted the market growth.
- Will Smart Pills Lead to Greater Adoption of Nano Technology in 2021 and Beyond? Report Analyzeson January 6, 2021 at 6:31 am
The global nano healthcare technology market is anticipated to record growth as the demand for greater precision in diagnosis and accuracy in drug delivery upsurges.The rising geriatric population and ...
- Inventories from Last 3 Facilities of Major Distributor of Disposable and Durable Medical Supplies to be Auctioned by Tiger Group on Jan. 12-14on January 5, 2021 at 5:44 am
Available items include personal protective equipment (PPE), personal paper products, hospital textiles, sterilization wraps, swabs/cotton balls, medical gloves, bandages/dressings, alcohol ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
Wound dressing material
The Latest Bing News on:
- Gauze Wound Dressing Market Size, Latest Report | Chief Manufacturers, Market Growth, Technology Features, Analysis By 2026on January 18, 2021 at 2:10 am
Final Report will add the analysis of the impact of COVID-19 on this industry." “Gauze Wound Dressing Market” Report ...
- Silver Antimicrobial Wound Dressing Market 2020 Insights and Precise Outlook - 3M, Hollister Incorporated, Smith & Nephew, Molnlycke Health Careon January 13, 2021 at 2:32 am
The Silver Antimicrobial Wound Dressing Market report provides a detailed analysis of the area marketplace expanding, competitive landscape, global and regional market size, growth analysis.
- The Best and Worst Salad Dressings for Weight Loss, According to Dietitianson January 12, 2021 at 8:10 am
Salad is a go-to meal if you're trying to lose weight, since it tends to be lower in calories and pack lots of nutrients from fresh produce. But let's face it: There's nothing worse than a boring or ...
- Romain Grosjean has dressings removed six weeks after Bahrain blazeon January 12, 2021 at 7:26 am
Romain Grosjean has revealed his hands are no longer in bandages, just six weeks after he cheated death at the Bahrain Grand Prix. Grosjean's Haas erupted into flames when he penetrated a steel ...
- Romain Grosjean’s hand dressings removed six weeks after fireball crashon January 12, 2021 at 6:41 am
The extend of the 34-year-old Frenchman’s injuries were revealed after he hit a steel barrier in November’s Bahrain Grand Prix.
- Romain Grosjean’s hand dressings removed six weeks after fireball crashon January 12, 2021 at 6:32 am
Romain Grosjean has revealed his hands are no longer in bandages just six weeks after he cheated death at the Bahrain Grand Prix. Grosjean’s Haas erupted into flames when he penetrated a steel ...
- Moist Wound Dressings Market Size 2020 by Cost Analysis, Revenue, Gross Margin Analysis, Types, Application and Forecast to 2024on January 11, 2021 at 4:29 pm
Final Report will add the analysis of the impact of COVID-19 on this industry." A wound dressing is a technique or ...
- Type 2 diabetes diet: Best and worst condiments & dressings which affect blood sugar levelon January 10, 2021 at 5:43 am
In fact, some sauces or dressings could be undoing all your hard work making a delicious and healthy meal and cause your blood sugar levels to spike. READ MORE: Diabetes type 2 : Wild rice shown ...
- I Just Found Out That Some Ranch Dressings Are Dyed—Here's What That Meanson January 8, 2021 at 4:00 am
Some brands of ranch dressing (and other white-hued dressings like Caesar) still contain titanium dioxide, but the good news is that you can check the back of your label to see if it's listed.
- Global Moist Wound Dressings Market - Featuring 3M Co., B. Braun Melsungen AG, and Cardinal Health Inc. Among Others | Technavioon January 6, 2021 at 9:57 am
The moist wound dressings market is poised to grow by USD 1.14 billion during 2020-2024, progressing at a CAGR of almost 6% during the forecast period. This press release features multimedia.