From microscopes to nuclear imaging scanners, imaging technology is growing ever more vital for the world’s hospitals, whether for the diagnosis of illness or for research into new cures. Imaging technology requires dyes or contrast agents of some sort. Current contrast agents and dyes are expensive, difficult to work with and far from ideal. Now, Danish chemists have discovered a new dye and proved its worth against the dyes currently available.
“Our dyes are ten times better, far cheaper and easier to use. The latter I believe, lends itself to expanded opportunities and broadened use, by physicians and researchers in developing countries, for example.” Says Thomas Just Sørensen.
Visual noise blocks correct diagnosis
It might seem odd, but one of the central challenges when imaging cells and organs, is to avoid noise. The agents that make it possible to see microscopic biological structures are luminescent, but then, so is tissue. Consequently, the contrast agent’s light risks being overpowered by “light noise”.
Fluorescent dye competing against fluorescent tissue
Just as the dial and hands of a watch might glow in the dark, tissue becomes luminescent when exposed to light. Tissue and other organic structures luminesce, or lights up, for 10 nanoseconds after exposure to light. The light-life of an ordinary dye is the same – 10 nanoseconds. But triangulenium dyes produce light for an entire 100 nanoseconds.
Extraordinary longevity promises live footage from cells
The long life of the triangulenium dyes means that an image can be produced without background noise. Furthermore, the extra 90 nanoseconds mean that we can begin to deliver a living image of the processes occurring within cells, for example when a drug attacks an illness.
The Latest Bing News on:
- Beckley VA Medical Center's new MRI to provide clearer, more advanced imageson August 5, 2022 at 3:03 pm
Beckley VA Medical Center recently acquired a new MRI machine, a seven-figure expenditure that has been set up and tested for the past week and will soon see regular use.
- The Global 3D Medical Imaging Market Was Valued At USD 3.7 Billion In 2021 And Is Expected To Reach USD 5.4 Billion By 2027on August 5, 2022 at 3:41 am
The following factors will drive the global 3D medical imaging market growth during the forecast period: Adoption of Digital 3D Holographic Imaging in Surgical Planning Rising Implementation of AI ...
- Medical Digital Imaging Systems Market Size, Future Business Trends, Upcoming Demand, Innovations And Regional Outlook And Forecast 2022-2031on August 5, 2022 at 2:33 am
Kenneth Research has recently added a report titled Medical Digital Imaging Systems Market in its storehouse of market research reports. The repor ...
- Medical Imaging Management Market 2022, Worth USD 5061 Mn by 2028 at CAGR of 4.2% – Report Spread across 103 Pageson August 3, 2022 at 9:14 pm
The Medical Imaging Management market report provides a detailed analysis of global market size, regional and country-level market size, segmentation market growth, market share, competitive Landscape ...
- At 7.9% CAGR, Medical Hybrid Imaging System Market Size to Hit $15.3 Bn Globally, by 2028 - Comprehensive Research Report by Facts & Factorson August 3, 2022 at 8:28 am
Pages Report] According to a market research study published by Facts and Factors, the demand analysis of Global Medical Hybrid Imaging System Market size & share revenue was valued at around USD 4.5 ...
- MEDICAPTURE LAUNCHES MVR TOUCHPRO™ : INCLUDES NEW MEDICAL-GRADE, 10-INCH, MULTI-TOUCH MTS101 MONITOR WITH MVR™ DOCUMENTATION AND RECORDING SYSTEMon August 3, 2022 at 7:30 am
New Patent Pending USB Powered MTS101 Monitor Meets Increasing Demand for Location Flexibility in the ORPLYMOUTH MEETING, Pa., Aug. 3, 2022 ...
- Medical Imaging (OTCMKTS:MEDD) Stock Price Crosses Above Fifty Day Moving Average of $0.00on August 3, 2022 at 1:11 am
Medical Imaging Corp., through its subsidiaries, provides medical diagnostic imaging services for patients, hospitals and clinics, workers' compensation boards, and insurance companies in North ...
- Medical Imaging Equipment Market to Surpass US$ 54,043.9 Million by 2028 | Siemens Healthineers, General Electric Company, Koninklijke Philips NVon August 1, 2022 at 6:32 am
The companies are focusing on developing technologically advanced medical imaging equipment, in order to expand their product portfolio and strengthen their presence in the market, which is ...
- Tiny ultrasound stickers a breakthrough in continuous real-time imagingon July 28, 2022 at 4:25 pm
Engineers at MIT have designed a tiny sticker that can deliver continuous ultrasound images of internal organs for up to 48 hours. The innovation is a step towards a future where stickers could ...
- New ultra-thin photoacoustic endomicroscopy probe can be easily integrated with medical deviceson July 27, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Researchers have created a photoacoustic imaging endoscope probe that can fit inside a medical needle with an inner diameter of just 0.6 millimeters.
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
- Tribe invests $2M in mobile MRI technologyon August 6, 2022 at 9:00 am
Cherokee Nation leaders held a ribbon-cutting to celebrate the tribe's $2 million investment in a new mobile MRI unit Aug. 5, at W.W. Hastings Hospital in Tahlequah.
- Sensors, 4D imaging, flashing lights: How automakers are trying to prevent hot car deathson August 6, 2022 at 5:46 am
An average of 38 children die every year in hot cars. Tuesday marked the 14th hot car death in the U.S. this year, a number that is expected to rise as heat waves continue across the country. Fennell ...
- Cherokee Nation invests $2 million in MRI technologyon August 5, 2022 at 3:20 pm
Cherokee Nation leaders celebrated a $2 million investment into a mobile MRI unit Friday at W.W. Hastings Hospital in Tahlequah.
- Illinois researchers’ development of imaging introduces new health applications in study of Alzheimer’s diseaseon August 5, 2022 at 5:43 am
Pengfei Song, assistant professor in Engineering, has continually worked on ultrasound imaging technology at the University of Illinois. He described the process through an analogy wherein he and ...
- Hikvision: Low-light imaging being applied to more types of cameras, and integrated with AI capabilitieson August 4, 2022 at 7:41 am
Low-light imaging technology goes much further in protecting worksites, people, and assets during night time and off-duty hours. This critical technology is now applied to a much more diverse range of ...
- Thermal Imaging Camera Market Size to Grow by USD 1.04 billion, Teledyne Technologies Inc. and Thermoteknix Systems Ltd. Among Key Vendors - Technavioon August 4, 2022 at 6:25 am
The thermal imaging camera market size is expected to grow by USD 1.04 bn from 2021 to 2026. In addition, the growth momentum of the market will accelerate at a CAGR of 7.69% during the forecast ...
- Global Hyperspectral Imaging Market to Surpass US$ 892.4 Million by 2030, Says Coherent Market Insights (CMI)on August 4, 2022 at 6:10 am
According to Coherent Market Insights, the global hyperspectral imaging market is estimated to be valued at US$ 287.9 Million in 2022 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 15.2% during the forecast ...
- California ASC to use new imaging technologyon August 3, 2022 at 11:17 am
The Perimeter S-Series OCT is an imaging tool that allows surgeons real-time visualization of excised tissue, according to an Aug. 3 press release. Michele Carpenter, MD, a breast surgeon at Pavilion ...
- Imaging Sensor Technology And The Latest Developmentson August 3, 2022 at 5:49 am
Smartphone manufacturers are planning to use bigger sensors, AI, and high-quality lenses to improve camera capabilities ...
- Advancing dynamic brain imaging with AIon August 1, 2022 at 1:35 pm
New research introduces a novel, AI-based dynamic brain imaging technology alternative which could map out rapidly changing electrical activity in the brain with high speed, high resolution, and low ...