The days of using a plastic card to prove your identity are numbered, as advances in security technology are making it increasingly easy to identify a person using only biometric information.
Now, a new smartphone accessory promises to put the power of biometric security in the hands of anyone with an iPhone.
The AOptix Stratus allows you to analyze a person’s iris, face, fingerprint, or voice to determine their identity. Combined with the company’s iPhone app, the device allows you to create a biometric database of the people you scan using the iPhone’s camera, microphone, or a special fingerprint panel on its surface.
Available for models of the iPhone from the iPhone 4 and up, the device is being marketed as a solution for border management, national and civil I.D. programs, disaster relief and healthcare. At present, the company is offering the app for $199, with the hardware component priced separately according to client.
The Latest Bing News on:
Biometric identity scanner
- State Lawmaker Pushes To Protect Our Faces, Voices from Identity Thefton April 9, 2021 at 6:57 pm
State Representative Alex Valdez has introduced a bill that would require companies that collect biometric data to delete it at the owner's request. It would also bar government agencies from ...
- Biometrics, kiosk firms build machine that might help addicts into recoveryon April 9, 2021 at 1:58 pm
EPortID’s access control system is built around Fujitsu‘s PalmSecure biometric scanner. Customers hold their palms over the scanner to verify their identity. Then they use a touch screen to have their ...
- New Rumor Points to Dual Face and Touch ID Utility for iPhone 13on April 9, 2021 at 11:34 am
In that regard, the new operating system would come with an API that leverages Face and Touch ID to enable dual biometric authentication. The new system would require users to complete both a face and ...
- What Is A Vaccine Passport And Will We Need One?on April 9, 2021 at 8:57 am
Vaccine passports are not a new invention, but countries and businesses are restarting the idea because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- United trials end-to-end biometric journey at SFOon April 7, 2021 at 9:00 pm
United Airlines, in partnership with SITA, has begun the first U.S. trial of an end-to-end biometric airport journey for U.S. domestic travel.
- Iris ID’s IrisTime iT100 used with new time and attendance platformon April 7, 2021 at 8:44 am
Iris ID, the global leader in iris recognition technology for over 20 years, announced Rockford, Ill.-based Information Controls Inc. has integrated its TimeTerminal time clock app to work with the ...
- San Fernando on second step of national ID system rollouton April 7, 2021 at 3:26 am
After launching its pre-registration for PhilSys ID Card on October 12 ... The registration involves the validation and biometric capture of the registrants’ fingerprints, iris scan, and photographs.
- India Tests Touchless Covid Vaccination With Aadhaar Face Detection: Do We Need It?on April 6, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Also Read: IBM Halts Facial Recognition Tech For Surveillance To Stop Racial Profiling As of now, several individuals use the same fingerprint scanners and iris scanners for biometric authentication .
- FPC’s Biometric Card Tech Achieves Mastercard Complianceon April 6, 2021 at 2:15 pm
are preparing for large-scale launches of biometric payment cards that enable contactless transactions with the security of a fingerprint scan on a given card. “This is a very important achievement,” ...
- Biometric Information: Does it mean the same thing in California as it does in Illinois?on April 1, 2021 at 5:00 pm
The CCPA includes a non-exhaustive list of data types that may fall under the definition of personal information. One of those data types is “biometric information.”1 While the CCPA pro ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
Biometric identity scanner
The Latest Bing News on:
- Biometrics partnerships extend multimodal workplace security, digital health systemson April 10, 2021 at 12:06 pm
New partnerships and successes from established collaborations make up the most read biometrics news this week. Deals between Jumio and Veridium, Clear and the NBA, and Mastercard and patient health ...
- Voice biometrics forecast to grow at 22.8 percent rate to $3.9B by 2026on April 9, 2021 at 2:45 pm
Voice biometrics market will spike from $1.1 billion in 2020 to $3.9 billion in 2026, driven by banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) industry demand ...
- Global Biometrics Banking Market Assessment 2021-2026 - Impact of COVID-19, Case Study Analysis, Key Opportunities and Major Playerson April 8, 2021 at 10:49 pm
The MarketWatch News Department was not involved in the creation of this content. Apr 09, 2021 (The Expresswire) -- The Biometrics Banking industry has undergone many changes in recent years and ...
- IDEX Biometrics ASA Rings the Nasdaq Stock Market Opening Bell in Celebration of its recent IPOon April 8, 2021 at 7:51 am
IDEX Biometrics ASA (Nasdaq: IDBA), rings the Nasdaq Opening Bell remotely from across the United States and Europe. Vincent Graziani, CEO, rings the Opening Bell alongside the Company’s team in a ...
- Demand for Security Solutions in BFSI and Government Sectors Driving Biometrics Middleware Market: Fact.MRon April 8, 2021 at 7:00 am
The biometrics middleware market has registered a temporary slump in demand through 2020 owing to restrictions on industrial activities and limited applications in commercial establishments due to the ...
- Voice Biometrics Market worth $3.9 billion by 2026on April 8, 2021 at 6:53 am
According to a new market research report "Voice Biometrics Market by Component, Type (Active and Passive), Application (Authentication and Customer Verification, Transaction Processing), ...
- Behavioral Biometrics Market Size to Record Significant Growth Through 2025on April 8, 2021 at 4:14 am
Selbyville, Delaware, Growth forecast report " Behavioral Biometrics Market size by Product Type (On-premises, ...
- IDEX Biometrics to Ring the Nasdaq Stock Market Opening Bellon April 8, 2021 at 3:20 am
IDEX Biometrics ASA (OSE: IDEX and Nasdaq: IDBA), a leading provider of advanced fingerprint identification and authentication solutions, will ring the Nasdaq Opening Bell today Thursday 8 April 2021.
- United testing facial biometrics to board flights at SFOon April 7, 2021 at 8:47 pm
United Airlines and SITA, an information technologies company, is testing out using facial biometrics to board flights. “In the past, this has only used e-passports, but now we’re able to bring this ...
- Will Military Biometrics Market carry its growth momentum post COVID-19? Read more to know.on April 7, 2021 at 6:11 am
The Military Biometrics Market is expected to grow at CAGR of 4.2% during 2020-2025, according to a report from Stratview Research. COVID-19 pandemic – Boon or a Curse to the industry? The outbreak of ...