You get the sense that it might be something entirely new that changes the game
New smartphones and tablets always create a stir. But let’s be honest: most of them are relatively minor updates. They don’t compare with the launch of an entirely new product category. That’s why there’s so much buzz around Google Glass. You get the sense that it might be something entirely new that changes the game. Today we have more info about Glass, after Google released the tech specs of its upcoming smartglasses.
The most important part of Glass is its display. Google vividly describes the tiny high-res screen as “the equivalent of a 25-inch high definition screen from eight feet away.” Fair enough.
In the camera department, Glass shoots 5-megapixel stills and 720p videos. Hardly mind-blowing numbers, but it’s always possible Google is using some advanced sensors that transcend its resolution.
Google had already revealed that Glass delivers audio via bone conduction.
In the storage department, Glass has 16 GB of flash memory, 12 GB of which is usable. You can also sync up with Google cloud storage.
Google estimates a full day’s use out of the battery. It adds, though, that anything involving video recording will drain it faster. No surprise there. When it does come time to charge, Google has its own microUSB cable that will be included.
You were wondering about nosepads, weren’t you? Well, you’re in luck: Glass has them. In fact, Google says Glass will fit anyone’s face, and includes some spare nosepads in two sizes to make sure.
The Latest Bing News on:
- Google is building an augmented reality headset, reports claimon January 21, 2022 at 9:17 am
Google is building an augmented reality headset called Project Iris that could ship in 2024. The device will use outward-facing cameras to overlay computer graphics onto the real world, and apparently ...
- Google poaches a key Microsoft executive for its new AR efforton January 21, 2022 at 8:15 am
Bernard Kress from Microsoft’s HoloLens optics is likely to play a leading role in the development of Google’s forthcoming AR glasses, which could arrive in 2024.
- Google's got AR glasses in the works. Here are 6 things you need to know.on January 21, 2022 at 7:46 am
There are several obvious ways Google could integrate its services into an AR headset. Google Lens already lets users run visual searches and translate text in real-time from their phone cameras; ...
- Third time’s the charm: Google’s reportedly making another headseton January 21, 2022 at 4:51 am
Google is reportedly working on a new headset with a big team. After Google Glass and Daydream, third time's the charm.
- Google is working on an AR headset to rival Apple, Metaon January 21, 2022 at 3:22 am
Development has reportedly begun at Google on an augmented reality headset, possibly launching in 2024, and aimed at rivalling Apple AR.
- Google AR headset reportedly in the works in an ultrasecret facilityon January 21, 2022 at 2:51 am
Google is reportedly working on an Augmented Reality (AR) headset codenamed Project Iris that uses outward-facing cameras and looks like ski glasses.
- Google reportedly building an AR Headset with custom processor, targeting 2024 releaseon January 20, 2022 at 10:50 pm
According to a new report, Google is working on its own AR Headset with the codename Project Iris. The company is reportedly targeting a release for 2024.
- Ready for Google Glass, Round Two?on January 20, 2022 at 6:20 pm
Google With every tech giant from Apple to Microsoft to Amazon rumored to be developing a pair of augmented reality glasses or mixed reality headset, we’ve been wondering whether Google was planning ...
- Why Google is a key piece of the AR glasses raceon January 20, 2022 at 2:15 pm
Commentary: An expected new AR headset could help Google figure out an already cloudy landscape, and figure out how everything connects to phones.
- A new Google AR headset? Just don't call it Google Glass 3.0on January 20, 2022 at 11:39 am
Google is reportedly making a new AR headset -- and this tech junkie is having flashbacks. This was me in 2013, an idiot greeting the world while wearing a monocular AR device that made me look like a ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
- 9 great reads from CNET this week: Smart homes, NFTs in games, Activision's future and moreon January 22, 2022 at 5:00 am
Check in here for thoughts on how smart homes are becoming the new normal, how gamers are responding to NFTs, how Microsoft might deal with Activision's toxic culture, and lots else.
- Smart Glass Technologies Begins Production of Switchable Privacy Glass in Miami, Floridaon January 21, 2022 at 4:00 pm
As a leading manufacturer of high-quality switchable privacy glass, self-adhesive PDLC (Polymer-Dispersed Liquid Crystal) film, and photochromic self-tinting window technology, Smart Glass ...
- Daily Deals: Anker Smart Glasses, TurboTax, Xbox Controllers And More!on January 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
List of daily deals ranging from Amazon Fire TV 43" Omni Series 4K UHD Smart TVs to Anker Soundcore Frames Smart Glasses and more.
- Vuzix Smart Glasses Now Supports Microsoft Endpoint Manager to Streamline Device Onboarding and Provisioning for Microsoft Teamson January 20, 2022 at 10:37 am
Vuzix® Corporation (NASDAQ: VUZI), ("Vuzix" or, the "Company"), a leading supplier of Smart Glasses and Augmented Reality (AR) technology and products, today announced that its smart glasses now ...
- Smart/Switchable Glass Market Size Growth - US$7,550 Million by 2028 | CAGR 6.5% Report Published By Acumen Research and Consultingon January 20, 2022 at 10:00 am
Global Smart/Switchable Glass Market size is estimated to grow a CAGR above 6.5% over the forecast timeframe and reach a market value of around US$7,550 Million by 2028. LONDON, Jan. 20, 2022 (GLOBE ...
- Vuzix says its smart glasses now support Microsoft Endpoint Manager for streamlining device onboardingon January 20, 2022 at 9:05 am
"This type of solution offers enterprise-level companies the security they need to feel safe onboarding potentially tens of thousands ...
- JBD and tooz Enter Partnership for a New Generation of Smart Glasses with Prescription and Full Color Virtual Screenson January 20, 2022 at 5:45 am
AALEN, GERMANY and SHANGHAI, CHINA / ACCESSWIRE / / Under the newly formed collaboration, JBD and tooz are the first to achieve a new milestone in the development of smart glasses for end consumers ...
- tooz Technologies: JBD and tooz Enter Partnership for a New Generation of Smart Glasses with Prescription and Full Color Virtual Screenson January 20, 2022 at 4:56 am
AALEN, GERMANY and SHANGHAI, CHINA / ACCESSWIRE / January 20, 2022 / Under the newly formed collaboration, JBD and tooz are the first to achieve a new milestone in the development of smart glasses for ...
- AR/VR Smart Glasses Market Growth To Be Stimulated By Brisk Technological Expansions During 2020 – 2027on January 18, 2022 at 6:08 am
Allied Market Research recently published a report titled, “AR/VR Smart Glasses Market by Type (Optical See Through and Video See Through) ...
- The race to build AR glasses is heating up, and Samsung is surprisingly quieton January 17, 2022 at 5:00 am
Commentary: Samsung has a history of adopting new tech early. But companies like Meta and Snap have been claiming the smart glasses and AR spotlights.