Once the two energies have been combined, they can be stored as compressed air and released according to required quantities.
One of Israel’s leading investment firms in renewable energy, Capital Nature, has recently invested in a young Israeli company, Augwind, who has developed a technology that provides solutions to the challenges of wind power production.
The technology developed by Augwind has successfully found a way to utilize wind generated energy combined with solar energy, even when the wind isn’t blowing.
Today, the production of energy from the wind faces two major challenges: Firstly, the inability to predict when the wind will blow, at what force and at which direction. Secondly, the wind blows mostly at night, when there is significantly less power consumption than during the main hours of the day. It is therefore necessary to store and release it during peak hours, according to demand.
To overcome such issues with wind as an energy source, Augwind’s breakthrough technology that combines wind and solar energy, is a significant step forward in the field.
The company developed a product that can be installed on pre-existing wind turbines. The product stores the energy that is generated by the wind throughout the night and consolidates it with solar energy that has been accumulated throughout the day. Once the two energies have been combined, they can be stored as compressed air and released according to required quantities.
Production costs are among the lowest for alternative energies and because the technology only requires turbines that are already existent, Augwind is offering the product for around 50% cheaper than other alternative energy solutions.
The Latest Bing News on:
- Innoviz Announces Another Breakthrough in LiDAR Technology - 30X Performance Improvement and Embedded Perception Softwareon April 13, 2021 at 4:07 am
View original content to download multimedia: ...
- Itronics Says It Has Revolutionary Technology To Clean Up Nation's Abandoned Mineson April 13, 2021 at 3:30 am
"Our revolutionary technology not only recovers these important minerals ... Itronics' technologies turn this significant environmental problem into an environmental breakthrough for the nation," said ...
- GESDA to hold inaugural summit in October for global diplomacy initiatives based on emerging science breakthroughson April 13, 2021 at 1:03 am
The Geneva Science and Diplomacy Anticipator (GESDA), a Swiss foundation that serves as the first global tool for diplomacy based on the anticipation of science, today released its first activity ...
- StoreDot's Extreme Fast Charging Battery Technology for Electric Vehicles Receives Frost & Sullivan's New Product Innovation Awardon April 13, 2021 at 1:00 am
This breakthrough is achieved by replacing graphite ... long charging times and are unable to keep that charge. StoreDot's technology is a significant step up, and with its outstanding performance ...
- SignaGuard and QuakeLogic launch breakthrough structural health monitoring technology for earthquake-prone regionson April 13, 2021 at 1:00 am
California based QuakeLogic and SignaGuard (a division of MachineSense) announced today the development of a breakthrough process that combines the proprietary technology of both ...
- Breakthrough Technology for Firefighter Search and Rescue Now a Reality from MSA Safetyon April 6, 2021 at 5:30 am
'LUNAR' now available for order; Company to begin production in the coming weeks PITTSBURGH, April 6, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Over the decades, milestones in firefighter safety technology have ...
- Cryoablation Technology for Early Breast Cancer Earns Breakthrough Therapy Designationon April 5, 2021 at 9:02 am
The next-generation cryoablation technology ProSense was granted breakthrough device designation to treat certain patients with T1 breast tumors.
- Applied Materials AI(x) Platform Harnesses the Power of Big Data and AI to Accelerate Semiconductor Technology Breakthroughs from Lab to Fabon April 5, 2021 at 4:41 am
Applied Materials, Inc. today announced AI x TM, an innovative platform that accelerates the discovery, development and commercial deployment of new chip technologies. AI x, which stands for ...
- MixX Lab's Idebenone 1% Antioxidant Tightening Essences Introduces Breakthrough Liposomal Technologyon March 31, 2021 at 9:00 am
As the self-care movement has been increasing in popularity, skin care is evolving with the latest technology and innovations.
- Big breakthrough for 'massless' energy storageon March 22, 2021 at 7:51 am
Their latest research breakthrough paves the way for essentially 'massless' energy storage in vehicles and other technology. Researchers from Chalmers University of Technology have produced a ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
Compressed air energy storage
- Green Britain: The choices and the costs of choosing a low carbon way to power your homeon April 13, 2021 at 4:18 am
This guide is a snapshot for households, bringing together the options available now if you are having to upgrade the energy powering your home or wanting to switch to a cleaner, low carbon source.
- Enel X helps the Feralpi Group meet its sustainability targetson April 13, 2021 at 4:01 am
The Enel business line has completed revamping and energy efficiency measures at the Feralpi plant ... Innovative technologies were used to enable the automatic management of all compressed air ...
- StorageDrop appoints Gadi Eizenkot as chairmanon April 12, 2021 at 5:08 am
Former IDF Chief of Staff Gadi Eizenkot will serve as chairman of the Israeli energy storage company. Israeli green energy company StorageDrop has notified the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE) that ...
- Liquid Air Energy Storage: A Power Grid Battery Using Regular Old Ambient Airon April 9, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Regular old ambient air can be cooled and compressed into a liquid, stored in tanks, and then reheated to its gaseous state to do work. This technology is called Cryogenic Energy Storage (CES ...
- Carbon-Free Port Service Locomotive Propulsionon April 9, 2021 at 11:42 am
Railway lines extend into many ports internationally while main railway marshalling yards may be located at a distance from quayside. While diesel locomotives are used for port service railway ...
- Solar Integration: Solar Energy and Storage Basicson April 7, 2021 at 10:54 am
Although flywheels can quickly provide power, they can’t store a lot of energy. Compressed air storage systems consist of large vessels, like tanks, or natural formations, like caves. A compressor ...
- StorageDrop lists on TASE through Medivie mergeron March 21, 2021 at 5:09 am
Energy storage company StorageDrop is listing on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange through a merger with Medivie Therapeutic (TASE: MDVI). Under the terms of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed by ...
- Energy Storage in Salt Cavernson February 2, 2021 at 11:44 pm
energy may not always be available during times of peak demand. With an increasing focus on a decarbonized future, energy storage is a crucial issue for grid management.
- This Giant Battery Is Powered by Compressed Airon August 5, 2020 at 5:39 pm
a U.K. power company is building a giant energy storage facility that uses compressed air to store energy like a giant battery. When the facility is complete, it will use surplus electricity to ...
- compressed air energy storageon March 10, 2020 at 5:38 am
We are first in your inbox with the most important news in the industry―keeping you smarter and one-step ahead in this ever-changing and competitive market.