Fujitsu has demoed a new way to type on a phone or tablet at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
A prototype virtual keyboard allows users to type on any surface, with the mobile device’s front-facing camera tracking your finger movements as you hit different invisible keys.
The software-based solution requires you to align your fingers as you would on a traditional keyboard, and then type away on the surface to input text on your device. This would mean you could type using larger keys and screen space wouldn’t be taken up by the keyboard.
The mobile device needs to be propped up in a well-lit environment and the system then tracks the features and movements of a user’s hands to determine their placement.
The Latest Bing News on:
- A clever way to bring widgets into Chrome OSon May 4, 2021 at 3:51 am
Ever wish your Chromebook desktop could do more? This crafty hack is just the productivity-boosting upgrade you need.
- Why is there no best Windows laptop for streaming video meetings and calls?on May 3, 2021 at 8:59 am
After a year when videoconferencing via Zoom, Teams and the rest has surged, here's my ideal spec for the best Windows laptop for streaming video meetings and calls. Surprisingly, no one offers it.
- GPD Win 3 handheld gaming PC with Tiger Lake is now available from storeson May 3, 2021 at 7:46 am
After going up for pre-order through an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign earlier this year, the GPD Win 3 handheld gaming computer is now available for purchase from retail stores. Powered by an Intel ...
- Anticipating Amazon’s Formal Disruptive Entry Into The PC Spaceon April 30, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Amazon will launch its first PC-like product with a version of the Amazon Fire tablet bundled with a keyboard and one-year of Microsoft Office 365 use, for less than $300.
- The sense of presence: Virtual spaces during the pandemic and beyondon April 30, 2021 at 8:20 am
We were particularly concerned with keeping students in touch with each other because we are a design community,” said Luisa Caldas.
- What is Cortana? A guide to Microsoft's virtual assistant, and how you can use it to improve your productivityon April 29, 2021 at 9:29 am
Cortana is Microsoft's virtual assistant available for use across various devices and Microsoft 365's suite of services and products.
- Typing in VR: How to connect a keyboard to your Oculus Quest 2on April 29, 2021 at 7:44 am
The Oculus Quest 2 can pair with a particular Logitech keyboard for a fascinating way to work in VR (sort of).
- A first look at playing Steam PC games on Xbox with mouse and keyboardon April 26, 2021 at 8:16 am
Microsoft’s new Chromium-based Edge browser is coming to Xbox soon, and the company has now added all-important mouse and keyboard support that will pave the way to stream PC games to Xbox consoles.
- Feeling overloaded with virtual data? Zwift now lets you hide it all with latest updateon April 23, 2021 at 5:44 am
Zwift has today launched a new in-game feature that allows users to turn off all on-screen data and information, “giving Zwifters the chance to explore more, and lose themselves in the game’s ...
- ArtsFarmington presents: Keyboard Festival with George Lopezon April 23, 2021 at 2:00 am
ArtsFarmington invites the public to join them online for Keyboard Festival, a three-performance virtual series, finishing us with the third performance on April 24 at 7:30 p.m. featuring – pianoforte ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
- Oura’s Sleep-Tracking Ring Raises $100 Million To Move Further Into Personalized Healthon May 4, 2021 at 8:07 am
The Series C round led by Temasek and others values the Finland-founded former Kickstarter project at $800 million.
- Section V Outdoor Track and Field resultson May 3, 2021 at 7:49 pm
Times and scores from meets in the Rochester City Athletic Conference, Monroe County, Wayne-Finger Lakes leagues.
- Tasker's latest update brings sleep tracking out of beta, adds favorites menu for quick accesson May 3, 2021 at 10:11 am
Tasker is any power user's best friend, making it easy to automate endless routines. The app has been around for a long time, but it's still getting new ...
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival at Watkins Glen International canceled for 2021on April 30, 2021 at 11:48 am
Watkins Glen International President Michael Printup said people can receive an automatic credit for any event in 2021 or 2022.
- Girls track and field preview: Three storylines and 17 athletes to watch in the Milwaukee-area this seasonon April 30, 2021 at 5:01 am
The high school girls track and field season began this week. Here are the athletes to watch in southeast Wisconsin.
- Padres notes: Austin Nola returns; Dinelson Lamet on trackon April 29, 2021 at 3:31 am
Austin Nola caught two bullpen sessions Wednesday afternoon and Padres manager Jayce Tingler said a few minutes later, “It’s important after catching two guys who were pretty aggressive with their ...
- Health Beat: Wearable sensors mean no more finger pricks?on April 28, 2021 at 1:41 pm
For many diabetics, daily monitoring of blood sugar means an inconvenient and uncomfortable finger stick, but what if there was a better way? Scientists are developing a tiny, wearable device ...
- Anika – “Finger Pies”on April 27, 2021 at 12:51 pm
Berlin-based singer/songwriter Anika is back with a new single, “Finger Pies,” her first material in eight years. It’s a bit different from her older stuff, which was like if Nico went synthwave. This ...
- Gazepoint's New Eye Tracking System with Biometric Capabilities Is Here!on April 27, 2021 at 6:13 am
Gazepoint Research Inc., the global leader for affordable eye tracking solutions, introduces the Gazepoint Biometrics system. The Gazepoint Biometrics Hardware kit gives you the ability to capture ...
- Apple And Tracking: A Story Of Good Guys And Bad Guyson April 27, 2021 at 2:14 am
Apple’s App Tracking Transparency (ATT) initiative, launched on Monday on iPhones updated with iOS 14.5, is trying to give users choices so they can make decisions about their privacy and the ...