Things might be getting a little more difficult for the James Bonds and Jason Bournes of the world.
A new system developed by Prof. Uwe Hartmann at Germany’s Saarland University utilizes the Earth’s magnetic fields to instantly determine when and where a security fence has been breached.
The technology is known as the Vibromag Cable, and incorporates a long cable containing regularly-spaced magnetometer probes. That cable is permanently or temporarily added to an existing metal fence, or it can be buried in the ground underneath one.
Should anyone try to cut, climb, or otherwise mess with the fence, the activity will cause tiny disturbances in the naturally-occurring magnetic fields in the immediate vicinity. The magnetometers closest to the source of the activity will detect those disturbances, and transmit that information to a central computer. Algorithms are currently being developed, to filter out fence-disturbance signals generated by things such as wind or animals.
The Latest Bing News on:
- Feed has no items.
The Latest Google Headlines on:
No news articles
The Latest Bing News on:
- Homeowner confronts intruder at Kitchener residence: WRPSon May 23, 2022 at 9:37 am
Police are investigating a break and enter at a Kitchener home on Sunday. Waterloo regional police said around 4:25 a.m., a man gained entry into a home in the area of Marl Meadow Crescent and Marl ...
- SwRI creates cyber threat detection systemon May 23, 2022 at 9:36 am
Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) has developed a cyber security intrusion detection system for industrial control systems.
- Intrusion Detection Systems Market 2022 Report Covers Top Key Players Profiling – Barracuda, BAE Systems, Juniper, NSFOCUS, Check Point, Fortineton May 23, 2022 at 7:30 am
The recent report on “Intrusion Detection Systems Market” offered by Credible Markets, comprises of a comprehensive investigation into the geographical landscape, industry size along with the revenue ...
- Brokerages Anticipate Intrusion Inc. (NASDAQ:INTZ) Will Announce Quarterly Sales of $2.24 Millionon May 21, 2022 at 12:12 am
Wall Street brokerages expect that Intrusion Inc. (NASDAQ:INTZ – Get Rating) will report $2.24 million in sales for the current quarter, according to Zacks Investment Research. Two analysts have ...
- On-Demand Security Operations Center Threat Detection As A Service Updatedon May 20, 2022 at 1:50 am
The round-the-clock service includes agent-based response, asset recovery, vulnerability assessments, intrusion detection, behavioral monitoring, log management, and more. Clients using the ...
- Wireless Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (WIPDS) Market Dynamics, Segments, Size and Demand Analysis 2021-2030on May 19, 2022 at 11:35 pm
May 19, 2022 (Alliance News via COMTEX) -- United States– Report Ocean published a new report on the Wireless Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (WIPDS) Market. The study includes an in ...
- Intrusion Detection And Prevention Systems Market Size, Growth Trend, Segment By (Type, Application)And Industry Outlook 2022-2031on May 19, 2022 at 10:34 pm
Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan, Japan, May 20, 2022, 01:11 /Comserve / -- The global Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS) market size is projected to gro ...
- Report: 80% of cyberattack techniques evade detection by SIEMson May 19, 2022 at 12:40 pm
Enterprise SIEMs are often unaware of the gap between the security they assume they have and the actual security they get in practice.
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems Market Analysis, Segments, Top Key Players, Drivers and Trends to 2027on May 18, 2022 at 7:51 am
Global Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems Market report added by Market Study Report that gives meticulous investigation of current scenario of the market size, share, demand, growth, trends, ...
- Global Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems Market to Record an Impressive Growth of USD 9.04 Billion by 2028 : Fior Marketson May 10, 2022 at 10:00 am
As per the report published by Fior Markets, the global intrusion detection and prevention systems market is expected to grow from USD 4.57 billion in 2020 and to reach USD 9.04 billion by 2028, ...