A Raspberry Pi is used to run the Bartendro.
Hosting parties is always a good time, but when the host has to spend half of the party making drinks for everyone, it can be a real downer. A new project seeking funding on Kickstarter called the Bartendro hopes to rectify the situation by replacing the human drink mixer with a robot, much like the The Inebriator.
A Raspberry Pi is used to run the Bartendro. It’s connected to a router board, which then is connected to up to 15 of what the creators call “dispensers.” These are peristaltic pumps that dispense a certain amount of liquid with each rotation of their motor. Custom electronics let the dispensers know how much liquid to pour. Standard RJ-45 cable is used to connect the dispensers and the custom electronics to the Raspberry Pi.
Everything about the Bartendro is open source, and the creators hope backers find creative uses for it. Some examples, besides the already existing purpose of serving perfectly-measured drinks, include hooking up a breathalyzer, serving coffee, adding a card reader for payment, and the list goes on.
With the Bartendro, the host can set up the available drinks through an administrative backend, and when a partygoer decides he or she wants a drink, they simply connect to the Bartendro Wi-Fi network and open a browser. Any site they visit while connected will forward them to the drink-ordering page. The user clicks the drink they want, and the Bartendro will make it perfect to within a milliliter.
The Latest Bing News on:
Robot mixes drinks
- 10 British agritech startups blazing a trail in sustainable farm innovationon May 23, 2022 at 1:08 am
The homegrown agritech sector is becoming a major success story, boosted by government investment. Here are 10 of the best leading the way ...
- Review: Is this $370 Bartesian cocktail-making machine worth the expense?on May 21, 2022 at 11:47 am
Drinkworks ended up not making it — the machine was discontinued late last year — but Bartesian continues to find a market: Close says his company has sold hundreds of thousands of machines and 15 ...
- How many cocktails can this robot bartender make in an hour?on May 20, 2022 at 3:20 pm
Robotics company Makr Shakr, aside from following the trend of dropping vowels from ordinary words to make their name look more modern/cooler, have invented a robot that can whip up cocktails in no ...
- Barmy bars around the world from helipad venues to robot bar staff and cable carson May 20, 2022 at 10:28 am
Going to a bar can be an experience especially when it's got a spectacular theme – and we've found some of the most interesting spots around the world from carnival bars to MyLittlePony drinks ...
- A delivery robot creates a poetic moment in the woods of Englandon May 20, 2022 at 5:56 am
Matthew McCormack, a history professor in Northampton, U.K., encountered something unexpected while cycling in the woods: a wandering delivery robot.
- Arby’s manager accused of urinating in milkshake mixon May 16, 2022 at 3:21 pm
‘Locked out by a robot’: Amazon Fresh accused of retaliation ... of the 29-year-old man peeing into a bag of milkshake mix as they were executing a search warrant on his phone as part of ...
- Robot bartender aboard Wonder of the Seas won’t flirt with your date, but you still have to tipon May 12, 2022 at 3:40 am
It doesn't wear cute clothes. It won't make small talk. But you still have to tip it. Royal Caribbean is bringing it futuristic Bionic Bar to Port Canaveral aboard the new Wonder of the Seas this fall ...
- Meet the ROBOT that can paint your kid’s artwork onto your car – and the child artist who’s tried it firston May 10, 2022 at 12:08 am
But what about your car? Not stuck on, but actually painted - by the most advanced robots of their kind on the planet. That's what is set to be offered by a company called ABB, which has developed ...
- The best robot mops in 2022on April 29, 2022 at 6:35 am
Truthfully, no one really needs a $1,500 robot house cleaner, and it’s reasonable to ask if you should spend so much on a robot that isn’t able to wash your dishes or bring you a drink.
- Robot Bartender Mixes A Mean Drinkon April 26, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Back in 2002, [Dave] came across a discarded PUMA robotic arm and quickly set his sights on turning it into a bartender to serve drinks ... of ‘Sir-Mix-a-Bot’ – the robot bartender.
The Latest Google Headlines on:
Robot mixes drinks
The Latest Bing News on:
- UbaBOT Mixes Up 50 Cocktails To Quench CCCamp Thirston May 21, 2022 at 5:01 pm
The software was originally based on Bartendro, but has since taken on a life of its own as these things often do. The first time you want a drink, you register an RFID tag and record your height ...
- Synergizer: The Emergency Key-Turn Barboton April 30, 2022 at 5:00 pm
The machine makes use of a peristaltic pump, called the Bartendro Dispenser, which pumps an exact volume of your liquid of choice into each cup. The cool thing with peristaltic pumps is they are ...