Set to up the eco-ante later this year is Audi’s new e-fueled g-tron 5-door hatchback.
Carrying design elements and other familiar amenities from previous A3 outings, the new g-tron is similar in every way except the fuel option. But in this story, the car is only part of the eco-tale.
Powered by Audi’s CO2-neutral “e-gas,” the g-tron sportback will incorporate CNG (compressed natural gas) as its primary motivational option. Produced in Werlte, Germany, the new fuel will be developed in the world’s first power-to-gas plant built specifically for CNG production.
Cheaper than gasoline and easier on engine lubricants than gas engines, CNG has been shown to offer an eco-friendly tailpipe option relative to the dead dinosaur variants. Not without its detractors and problems, CNG has been gaining acceptance amongst select manufacturers for years. Consumer pickup, on the other hand, has been less than spectacular. The tron-of-g hopes to change the perception.
Audi’s engine of choice is the new 1.4 TFSI. With modifications to the upper head area, turbo-charging units, injection system and catalytic converter, the powerplant delivers a whopping 110 hp (81 kW) and 148 ft.lb (200 Nm) of torque. These numbers bring about a top speed of 118 mph (190 km/h), with 0 – 60 mph (0 – 100 km/h) times plodding in around the 11.0 second mark.
But performance isn’t what the dance is all about. Consuming a meager 3.5 kilograms per 100 km (7.7 lbs per 62 miles) of CNG, the g-tron provides an impressive range of 1,300 km (807 miles), emitting only 30 grams of CO2 per kilometer (48.28 g/mile) in the process. In gas mode, tailpipe stuff is only 95 grams per kilometer (152.89 g/mile).
The Latest Bing News on:
- Europe Looks To Geothermal Energy As Carbon-Free Gas Alternativeon February 3, 2023 at 2:55 am
Munich is pouring in one billion euros ($1.1 billion) through 2035 to develop the geothermal energy and make the city's heating carbon neutral.
- Europe looks to geothermal energy as gas alternativeon February 3, 2023 at 1:21 am
The heating plant in Munich's southern Sendling neighbourhood has been run for more than a century on gas, often imported from far away.Nonetheless, the Sendling plant operators see the potential as ...
- Minnesota moves toward 2040 carbon neutrality goalon February 2, 2023 at 2:56 pm
A bill rapidly advancing through the Legislature would mandate generation of 100% carbon-free electricity by utility companies by 2040.
- Pasadena Council OKs natural gas buses, carbon-free policy goalon February 2, 2023 at 11:20 am
The Pasadena City Council on Monday approved the purchase of two natural gas buses for the city’s fleet, then passed a resolution declaring a local climate emergency and setting a policy goal of ...
- Élephante Beach House Partners with GreenPlaces to Reduce Carbon Footprint & Become Carbon Neutralon February 2, 2023 at 7:39 am
Wish You Were Here Group's Élephante Beach House in Santa Monica, CA is now a Carbon Neutral business. To date ... the most commonly used refrigerant and a powerful greenhouse gas when released into ...
- Polestar already has a Portuguese partner in the project to build carbon-neutral vehicles>on February 1, 2023 at 3:55 am
Polestar intends to be able to produce a car with a neutral climate impact by 2030, and to that end it announced a number of new ...
- Shell Revives Its Effort to Market ‘Carbon Neutral’ Fossil Fuelson January 31, 2023 at 5:03 pm
Emboldened by new industry guidelines, natural gas companies are renewing their efforts to sell “carbon neutral” fossil fuels, a controversial practice of offsetting a shipment’s emissions to shrink ...
- Why E-Fuels Could Stop Electric Cars In Their Trackson January 31, 2023 at 2:42 am
This process produces a fuel source that is carbon-neutral. This carbon-neutral gas still has the same function as traditional gasoline, with none of the environmental impacts that come with gas.
- Inside the high-dollar race to sell natural gas as low-carbonon January 30, 2023 at 12:02 am
In 2021, this complex chilled about 35% of all the LNG the U.S. exported, and about 3% of all the natural gas the U.S. drilled up. In the process, it sent skyward the equivalent of 5.6 million metric ...
- Climate Connect Digital - Achieves carbon neutrality for Fiscal Year 2021-2022on January 26, 2023 at 4:35 am
Climate Connect Digital (CCD), a leading climate tech solutions provider, today published its Greenhouse Gas (GHG) inventory for the fiscal year 2021-22 (April 2021 to March 2022), and announced the ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
[google_news title=”” keyword=”carbon-neutral e-gas” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
The Latest Bing News on:
Compressed natural gas
- Nashik chosen for bio-CNG gas projecton February 3, 2023 at 6:55 pm
Nashik: The Union ministry of housing and urban affairs has selected Nashik — among the 59 cities that have a population of over a million — for the b.
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Cylinders Market: 2023 Top Growing Regions and Competitors Analysis By 2029on February 3, 2023 at 1:14 am
The Global Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Cylinders market Report provides In-depth analysis on the market status of ...
- Compressed Natural Gas Market 2023 Research Report which Shows Huge Growth Rate, Revenue, Progress Insight and Forecast to 2028on February 3, 2023 at 12:08 am
Feb 03, 2023 (The Expresswire) -- "Final Report will add the analysis of the impact of COVID-19 on this industry. Global “Compressed Natural Gas ...
- Shipped Bhola gas to cost higher, yet cheaper than spot LNGon February 2, 2023 at 11:47 pm
Factories in Gazipur, Dhaka and Narayanganj can expect some relief from the nagging energy crisis as the authorities are working on the idea of bringing surplus gas from the country's south-central ...
- Budget 2023: Bid to end tax anamoly between biogas, natural gas to promote green fuelon February 1, 2023 at 3:10 am
In a bid to clear the tax anomoly between biogas and natural gas when blending for use as auto fuel (compressed natural gas), Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, in her Union Budget, has proposed ...
- Mahanagar Gas cuts CNG price in Mumbai, adjoining regions by Rs 2.50/kgon January 31, 2023 at 9:15 am
Mahanagar Gas Ltd (MGL) said on January 31 that it has reduced prices of compressed natural gas (CNG) in Mumbai and adjoining regions, adding that the new rates will come into effect from February 1.
- It would not be feasible to use Compressed Natural Gas shipson January 27, 2023 at 10:12 pm
I refer to the letter in Stabroek News on Wednesday January 25, 2023, by Mr. Jamil Changlee of CRG, entitled “Cost to maintain gas pipeline has not been addressed” and wish to make the ...
- AG&P Pratham launches two Liquified and Compressed Natural Gas (LCNG) stations in Keralaon January 23, 2023 at 9:14 pm
AG&P Pratham, one of the leading players in the Indian City Gas Distribution (CGD) industry, has launched Kerala's two Liquified Compressed Natural Gas (LCNG) stations in two locations - Kochuveli in ...
- Hexagon Agility receives new order from CORE Automated Fueling Solutions for Mobile Pipeline® TITAN modules to displace diesel with natural gason January 23, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Hexagon Agility, a business of Hexagon Composites, has received a new order from Permian Global, Inc. d/b/a CORE Automated Fueling Solutions and CORE Natural Gas (CORE), to deliver industry leading ...
- Dallas fire involving compressed natural gas vehicles leads to at least one explosionon January 19, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Dallas fire involving compressed natural gas vehicles leads to at least one explosion Screenshot from video/Courtesy of Wesley McMillian and Andrew Tucker Fire and rescue crews battled a blaze ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
Compressed natural gas
[google_news title=”” keyword=”compressed natural gas” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]