A scalable, operator-free, fully-automated, simple-to-use, high density parking system.
Wouldn’t it be nice to park your car at the end of a long day at the office without having to waste time (and fuel) driving in circles around a multi-tiered garage, or worry about putting your treasured ride in the hands of a parking attendant. Such hassles are a thing of the past for residents of a top-tier apartment community in the Sherman Oaks district of Southern California now that Auto Parkit’s new fully automated parking garage has been officially opened.
Though semi- or fully-automated parking structures are not exactly a new concept, Auto Parkit’s facility represents the first structure to be constructed in Los Angeles, and the first of its kind in Southern California. The project was the brainchild of LA real estate developer Christopher Alan, who partnered with Dasher Lawless, Omron Automation & Safety, Design Systems Inc., SEW Eurodrive, ConXtech and others to design a scalable, operator-free, fully-automated, simple-to-use, high density parking system.
Construction of Auto Parkit’s first facility took about 12 months for the building itself and another four months or so to install the attendant-free, robot parking system. Alan was joined by LA Council member Paul Krekorian, Adrin Nazarian from the California Assembly, Bud Ovrom of the LA Dept of Building & Safety and Congressman Tony Cardenas to cut the ribbon on February 21.
Drivers enter the structure through an ordinary-looking garage door, switch off the engine and exit the vehicle. After waving a key fob at a nearby kiosk in the valet area, the system then takes care of the rest – loading the car onto an electrically-powered lift/shuttle mechanism that places it in the appropriate spot until needed again.
Retrieval is a little different in that the driver passes the same key fob over any floor-based HID reader in the facility and about a minute later, the car is delivered to the driver at ground level, nose forward and ready to drive out.
The Latest Bing News on:
- “All That Burns Unseen”on July 30, 2022 at 6:46 am
The agency decal on the door boasted three parallel scratches as if it had been clawed by an animal rather than bumping into the concrete wall of the work parkade ... with a full tank of gas.
- How to Watch J-Hope & TOMORROW X TOGETHER’s Lollapalooza Performanceson July 28, 2022 at 7:12 pm
Lollapalooza 2022 is right around the corner, and it’s a special one for K-pop fans. The four-day festival — which is scheduled to take place in Chicago starting on Thursday (July 28) through ...
- Lack of info on Parkade plan leads to a no voteon July 28, 2022 at 7:10 pm
Nonetheless, the RDA voted 10-1 to recommend Anthony Properties for development of the Parkade. In May the town received six proposals for development of the formerly blighted town-owned parcel ...
- Why Advance Auto Parts (AAP) Could Beat Earnings Estimates Againon July 25, 2022 at 9:10 am
Advance Auto Parts (AAP) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
- The Advance advantage: Nationwide auto parts chain celebrates Roanoke linkon July 23, 2022 at 9:00 pm
Growing up in Roanoke, Junior Word spent weekends with his dad and his granddad fixing up the family cars — tinkering with his uncle’s 1984 Chevy pickup or his dad’s ...
- 2 in hospital after rooftop parking lot in East Vancouver collapseson July 14, 2022 at 3:30 pm
"A Bobcat was doing some work on the section of the parkade roof that gave way," Asst ... in connection with the dismantling of three auto-theft based criminal organizations.
- Rash of vehicle break-ins at HSC parkadeon July 12, 2022 at 4:26 pm
A front-line worker at Health Sciences Centre says staff feel unsafe after a string of vehicle break-ins at a hospital parkade. *Pay $1.50 for the first 22 weeks of your subscription. After 22 ...
- Stampede Live Updates: Heading to the parade? Here's what you need to knowon July 8, 2022 at 6:05 am
The Calgary Stampede opened its gates for its annual Sneak-a-Peek last night ushering in the return of a full slate of programming ... 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. Allmakes Auto Stampede Breakfast: Allmakes ...
- Remembering Sears And Kmarton June 15, 2022 at 5:00 pm
On both horizontal and vertical signage, the company’s full name, “Sears ... several old buildings were felled to make way for the Sears Parkade, a multi-level parking garage.
- Comparison: 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid vs 2022 Kia Carnivalon February 12, 2022 at 2:00 am
It's in the details, too, for example the full taillight bar across the back ... clogged city streets and parkades. The wheel can be turned with little more than an outstretched digit, which ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
- Parkit Closes US$18,600,000 Acquisitionon July 28, 2022 at 5:00 pm
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwired - Sept. 29, 2014) - Parkit Enterprise Inc. ("Parkit" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:PKT)(PKTEF) - is pleased to announce the ...
- Robotic parking a 'nightmare' in Miami, elsewhere; but here to stayon July 19, 2022 at 3:33 am
Auto Parkit, has seven such garages and 20 more under construction, mostly in California. "You don't have a lot companies that are doing this. A few do it very well." Alan said his key to success ...
- Fixit45 Acquires Parkit, Unveils Subscription-based VIP Programmeon July 17, 2022 at 4:59 pm
Fixit45 caters to needs in the repair and maintenance segment, Parkit plays in the auto care vertical, Xparts is a discovery and trading platform for spare parts where you can explore a rich ...
- Developer eyes 438-unit, twin-tower project near Fanshawe Collegeon July 1, 2022 at 6:59 am
Parkit Enterprises Inc., an industrial real estate firm, wants to build two 12-storey highrises in a 438-unit project at 568 Second St., on the southeast corner of Oxford Street East and Second.
- Parkit Enterprise Announces AGSM Resultson June 20, 2022 at 5:00 pm
TORONTO, June 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Parkit Enterprise Inc. (“Parkit” or the “Corporation”) (TSXV: PKT), is pleased to announce that all matters set forth in the management proxy ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
No news articles