Directly from Forest Residues
Forest residues such as stumps, bark and twigs are now proving of great benefit in a new test facility for the production of high-quality synthesis gas intended for transport fuels. The results which are unique in Scandinavia, are based on close cooperation between Luleå University of Technology, the Energy Technology Centre (ETC) and industry.
By applying known gasification technology, valuable synthesis gas has been obtained from waste materials from the forest.
“We chose to take the shortest route and make use of, for example, tree stumps and the tops of trees from the forest and use them as they are in our facility.Primarily, we use make use of low-quality forest residues which the wood and paper industry cannot use.People often talk of the need to pre-treat these kinds of raw materials or to use it with charcoal to produce synthesis gas effectively.What we have done is to show how to use forest residues directly — and this is an important aspect of our success,” says CEO Magnus Marklund, at ETC in Piteå.
The 8 metre high IVAB-manufactured gasifier stands in the robust gasification laboratory at the ETC in Piteå. It has succeeded with that which many scientists have tried to achieve for several years; to produce high-quality synthesis gas from forest residues.The gasification project at ETC is based on simplicity, with the direct input of untreated pulverised forest residues, but with intricate technical challenges, which scientists and engineers at ETC, LTU, IVAB (commercial partner) have worked with for three years via a project financed by the Swedish Energy Agency, IVAB, Sveaskog and Smurfit kappa.
“The actual input of the raw materials in the gasifying apparatus is a challenge.
The Latest Bing News on:
- Borowicz applauds investment in job-creating Natural Gas Synthesis Facilityon June 29, 2022 at 10:23 pm
Rep. Stephanie Borowicz (R-Clinton/Union) applauded KeyState Natural Gas and chairman and CEO Perry Babb on landing corporate investor, OGCI Climate Investments (OGCI), for the estimated $400 million ...
- Researcher Publishes Review Article on Metal-Organic Framework (MOF) Nanosheets Accumulated on the Water Surfaceon June 29, 2022 at 5:57 am
Rie Makiura, Associate Professor at the Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka Metropolitan University, published an overview study on the straightforward synthesis of nanosheet materials provided with ...
- Investment elevates Pennsylvania's first carbon storage projecton June 28, 2022 at 10:55 am
Pennsylvania's only carbon capture and storage project, KeyState Natural Gas Synthesis, has gotten a big boost from its first outside investor, OGCI Climate Investments.
- VTT and Neste building an integrated power-to-liquids demonstration facilityon June 24, 2022 at 11:45 am
Power-to-Liquids technologies are on their way to commercialization in scale. E-fuels offer a way to expand the carbon-neutral transport fuel pool beyond ...
- Enhanced Gas Recovery Market Analysis, Growth Strategy, Regional Outlook And Forecast To 2028on June 24, 2022 at 12:05 am
Latest Report Enhanced Gas Recovery Market by Type (Nitrogen Based EGR, Carbon Dioxide Based EGR), By Application (Oil and Gas Industry, Construction Industry, Residential, and Others), and Region ...
- New test facility to showcase e-fuel technologieson June 22, 2022 at 6:43 am
With e-fuels such as e-methane, e-kerosene, and e-methanol offering a way to replace conventional fossil fuels in existing internal combustion engines, Power-to-Liquids technologies are seeing ...
- Uzbekistan GTL complex produces synthetic oilon June 22, 2022 at 2:28 am
In an historic first, Uzbekistan’s new state-of-the-art gas-to-liquids (GTL) plant in the Qashqadaryo Region has begun producing synthetic oil.
- NiQuan gets greenlight to restart planton June 21, 2022 at 4:49 pm
FOURTEEN months after an explosion took place at NiQuan’s Gas-to-Liquids (GTL) plant located on the refinery compound at Pointe-a-Pierre, steps are now being taken to restart the plant.In April, NiQua ...
- OCSiAl expands graphene nanotube production capacity in Europeon June 21, 2022 at 2:21 pm
LUXEMBOURG—Advanced materials manufacturer OCSiAl is building a graphene nanotube synthesis facility near the Serbian capital of Belgrade, the company has announced. The facility will have the ...
- Potatoes Can Be as Good as Animal Milk for Building Muscle, Study Findson June 20, 2022 at 11:44 am
Potato protein can be as effective as animal-derived milk in building muscle, a new study found. Conducted by researchers at Maastricht University in the Netherlands and published in scientific ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
- Biomass Gasification Heating Systems Market Insight | Report of 127 Pages| Growing CAGR |Leading Players | During Forecast Period 2022-2029on June 26, 2022 at 7:57 pm
This Biomass Gasification Heating Systems Market Research/Analysis Report Contains Answers to your following Questions Which Manufacturing Technology is used for Biomass Gasification Heating Systems?
- Is plasma gasification the solution for plastics and all waste?on June 22, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Science based solution: Dr. Bruce Welt, Professor, University of Florida, has evaluated multiple approaches and concluded plasma gasification is the most effective technology. Welt is pursuing the ...
- Waste to Energy Market Predicted to be Worth USD 52.37 Billion by 2028, Registering a CAGR of 5.20% - Report by Market Research Future (MRFR)on June 22, 2022 at 12:40 pm
and Plasma-Arc Gasification), and Biological Technology (Methane Capture, Anaerobic Digestion, and Fermentation)] and Region - Forecast till 2030” valuation is poised to reach USD 52.37 Billion ...
- Exxonmobil Develops Unique Process Technology for Producing SAF from Methanolon June 21, 2022 at 11:53 pm
Exxonmobil has developed an innovative methanol-to-jet SAF technology by using renewable methanol as feedstock. The move is aimed at decarbonizing the aviation industry and achieving a net-zero future ...
- Global Gasification Sourcing and Procurement Market Size to Increase by USD 610.3 Billion By 2028: According Vantage Market Researchon June 21, 2022 at 3:32 am
The Gasification market was estimated to be worth ... Small and medium-scale companies are the backbone of technology providers and are witnessing a steep drop in revenue since the emergence ...
- Global Gasification Sourcing and Procurement Market Size to Increase by USD 610.3 Billion By 2028: According Vantage Market Researchon June 21, 2022 at 3:23 am
Gasification Market is considered as a thermochemical process that converts fossil or organic fuels into small amounts of carbon monoxide and water. The growing concerns of environmental ...
- 2022 Growth Opportunities In Nutraceuticals, Hydrothermal Liquefaction, Supercritical Gasification, and Membrane Separation - ResearchAndMarkets.comon June 20, 2022 at 11:06 am
The "Growth Opportunities In Nutraceuticals, Hydrothermal Liquefaction, Supercritical Gasification ... renewable fuel-based compression ignition technology in engines to reduce emissions in ...
- Gasification Market Growth 2022 Global Industry Size, Analysis, Share, Trends, Demand, Opportunities and Covid-19 Impact Analysis on Forecast 2029on June 12, 2022 at 9:45 pm
Jun 13, 2022 (The Expresswire) -- Global "Gasification Market" research report offers share, and analysis maintains enhanced dynamics and is overshadowed by a top key player across the globe.
- Clean Fuel Technology Market Share, Growth Forecast 2020 – 2030on June 8, 2022 at 5:00 am
Clean coal technology can be further segmented on the basis of coal gasification techniques into surface coal gasification and underground coal gasification (USG). These technologies convert solid ...
The Latest Google Headlines on: