Techdirt.com is a fascinating blog that covers the current wars being fought around copyright, intellectual property, patents and other areas that may impede or help the free flow of information and ideas.
Innovation Toronto has been following Mike Masnick and his blog for some time and we feel that a number of the issues being covered are things most of us should know about or would like to know about.
We are thinking that a links list from time to time might help to introduce some of the ideas and topics that Techdirt covers so thoughtfully.
You are encouraged to check out some of these articles – it is the stuff of both dreams and nightmares . . . and even some whimsey 🙂
And Now Europe Feels The Need To Catch Up To China And The US In The Self-Destructive Patent Race
Future Of Music Coalition Looks To Catalog Artist Revenue Streams
DailyDirt: We Think Recommending Links Makes The Internet Better
YouTube Notes That Free Music, With Ads, Pays As Well, If Not Better, Than Paid
Entrepreneurs Who Create Value vs. Entrepreneurs Who Lock Up Value
Brazilian Telecom Authority Claims Sharing WiFi Is A Criminal Offense
Senator Wyden Asks WTF Is Up With Homeland Security Domain Seizures
Ryanair Shrugs Off Discovery That Others Can Edit Your Flight Booking; Says It’s Your Problem
Reverse Engineering Lottery Scratch Tickets For Profit (But Not Fame)
Kuwaiti Blogger Sued After Negative Benihana Review
- Latest Examples of the Failure of the USPTO, With Emphasis on Software Patents (techrights.org)
- ABA Journal Includes Patently-O in its Blawg 100 (patentlyo.com)
- Patent Troll Files Lawsuits (lockergnome.com)
- Patent Cronyism (techrights.org)
- Wayne Crookes is Trying to Destroy the Internet by Bullying (techrights.org)
- President Obama Could Use Some Lecturing on the Subject of Patent Monopolies (techrights.org)
- Google is Starting to Fight Against Software Patents (techrights.org)
- Homeland Security versus your European domain name (arhg.net)
- Creative Commons License Respected in Belgium Court (lockergnome.com)
- The Awkwardness Of Cutting Out The Middleman [Voices] (voices.allthingsd.com)