We write a lot about wave power here at Inhabitat, but functional wave farms are few and far between.
Now Ocean Power Technologies has hooked up its PB40 PowerBuoy to the grid at the Marine Corps Base in Hawaii, marking the first time waves have provided energy to the U.S. electrical grid.
Unlike many tidal power devices, the PowerBuoy generates energy from the rising and falling of the waves. A 10 MW PowerBuoy station occupies 12.5 hectares of ocean.
The Latest Bing News on:
- Celebrating Dr. King during a wave of racial violence in 2021on January 20, 2021 at 12:12 pm
This article will come out the week we celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and the day of the inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. As I write it, I am reeling from the way this year has ...
- Tidal Energy Market May See a Big Move : Major Giants Tenax Energy, Atlantis Resources, Aquamarine Poweron January 20, 2021 at 10:38 am
This press release was orginally distributed by SBWire Edison, NJ -- ( SBWIRE) -- 01/20/2021 -- A latest survey on Global Tidal Energy Market is conducted to provide hidden gems performance analysis.
- Study confirms potential of floating wind/wave power for oil and gason January 20, 2021 at 9:02 am
Floating Power Plant has completed a project with Lundin Energy Norway, NOV-APL, Semco Maritime, Cefront Technologies and Aalborg University, concerning use of floating wind and wave power to support ...
- One last wave goodbye: The final image of a disgraced President Trump reluctantly leaving the White Houseon January 20, 2021 at 5:24 am
Following in the footsteps of Nixon, Trump bid farewell to the White House for one last time as he stepped aboard the Marine One helicopter.
- What the Blue Wave Means for Green Goalson January 20, 2021 at 3:03 am
A Democratic majority in both chambers of Congress, even with narrow margins, could open the door to some potentially transformative clean-energy policies.
- Cold wave shoots power demand to highest ever; minister claims indicator of recoveryon January 20, 2021 at 2:00 am
India's power demand has surged to its highest ever on Wednesday. Power and new and renewable energy minister Raj Kumar Singh said that the peak demand for power crossed 1,85,829 megawatt at 9:35 am ...
- Beshear vetoes multiple bills meant to limit executive power during pandemicon January 19, 2021 at 9:18 pm
Governor Beshear announced Tuesday he had vetoed bills with multiple meant to limit executive action during the pandemic.
- Global Marine Power (Wave and Tidal) Market 2020 Key Segments and Sub-Segments, Key Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities and Challenges by 2025on January 19, 2021 at 6:52 am
The latest report entitled Global Marine Power (Wave and Tidal) Market 2020 by Manufacturers, Type and Application, Forecast to 2025 firstly focuses on some important aspects of the market such as ...
- Eco Wave Power commences grid connection for EWP-EDF One project in Jaffa, Israelon January 8, 2021 at 4:14 am
We are entering 2021 in full force, ready to push hard for the opening of our second grid connected project, while developing additional projects in our projects pipeline” said Inna Braverman, CEO of ...
- Eco Wave Power Commences Grid Connection Works in Israelon January 7, 2021 at 5:23 am
While wave power is still in its infancy relative to offshore wind in the renewable power space, several companies are making ...
The Latest Google Headlines on:
The Latest Bing News on:
- DK Shivakumar writes to Ram Nath Kovind, seeks repeal of farm lawson January 20, 2021 at 10:35 am
State Congress president D.K. Shivakumar in a letter to the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind urged for repeal of the three contentious farm laws ...
- Gov’t boosts response to fresh wave of ASFon January 19, 2021 at 1:16 pm
The Philippines is facing its third wave of African swine fever (ASF) outbreak with no cure in sight for the highly contagious swine disease, according to the director of the National Meat ...
- Rovco signs subsea contract for Scottish wind farmon January 19, 2021 at 3:12 am
Rovco, a leading provider of ROV and hydrographic services, combining innovative robotic platforms and cutting-edge technology, signs contract to perform subsea work on Scottish offshore wind farm, ...
- Despite criticism and protests, Oakes Farms does big business with federal governmenton January 18, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Political views, statements and protests aren't stopping Alfie Oakes from seeking, winning and keeping big federal contracts for food supplies.
- Rovco Signs Subsea Contract for Beatrice Offshore Wind Farmon January 18, 2021 at 4:24 pm
Rovco, a leading provider of ROV and hydrographic services, combining innovative robotic platforms and cutting-edge technology, signs contract to perform subsea work on Scotland’s largest operational ...
- Rovco to inspect Beatrice offshore wind farm jackets, cableson January 18, 2021 at 2:25 pm
Rovco has won a contract to perform subsea work on the Beatrice wind farm offshore Scotland. Managed from its recently established base in Edinburgh, the company will carry out a campaign of ...
- Ivory Coast cocoa exports hit hard by COVID-19 second wave -CCCon January 18, 2021 at 11:13 am
The second wave of the global coronavirus pandemic has hit Ivory Coast's cocoa trading and exports hard, dashing hopes of an early recovery from the first wave, the director of the country's cocoa ...
- Riding the Waveon January 18, 2021 at 10:16 am
An easy-to-drink alternative to their boozy counterparts, hard seltzers are having a moment.
- Rovco Tapped for Subsea Services at Beatrice Wind Farmon January 18, 2021 at 3:28 am
Rovco, a UK-based provider of ROV and hydrographic services, has signed a contract to carry out work on offshore wind farm ...
- MOL, Bombora Targeting Wave Energy Opportunities in Japanon January 14, 2021 at 4:28 am
Wave energy converter developer Bombora has entered into an agreement with Japan's Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (MOL) to identify wave ...