Kiva is p2p-lending site that facilitates loans between lenders in wealthy countries and entrepreneurs in developing countries.
Now a new startup aims to bring a similar model to startups in the developed world but with an investment focus. The idea here is to fix the current inefficiencies of private seed funding for web and mobile companies, especially in markets outside of the hothouse that is Silicon Valley (i.e. Europe and Asia).
Grow VC is a new community funding model for technology startups. Here’s how it works: Grow VC will pool 75 per cent of membership fees into a community fund that gets invested back into ‘promising startups’ which are members of the platform. The fund is managed by Grow VC but all the investment decisions are left to members who determine how to invest their portion of the fund into other startup companies that they feel have the most potential. The most successful decision makers get financially rewarded when the community fund begins earning a return on investment. So, if you promote the best companies you make moola.
Joining Grow VC, and the basic features such as building a person profile, are free. Premium features come with subscriptions ranging from $20 to $140 per month, depending on how much money the startup company is seeking or how much the investor is looking to invest. For unlimited service investments, the monthly subscription fee is $90 per month. The fund is aimed at startups that need $10,000 to $1 million USD.
The Latest on: Grow VC
- Sova Health Raises USD 350K from CIIE.CO, Practical VC & Otherson January 22, 2021 at 4:10 am
CIIE.CO, The Innovation Continuum for the Changemakers, has invested in a precision nutrition startup, Sova Health. Sova Health will be addressing the problems of over 450 million Indians (and growing ...
- BT MindRush: India to return to pre-COVID growth at higher rate, will grow at 8%, says Arvind Panagariyaon January 22, 2021 at 2:09 am
Indian economy can look at better post-COVID decade with a growth rate of 8% as the prospects look better with recovery on track, said Arvind Panagariya, Professor of Economic, Columbia University and ...
- Sova Health Raises USD 350K from CIIE.CO, Practical VC and Otherson January 22, 2021 at 2:00 am
CIIE.CO, The Innovation Continuum for the Changemakers, has invested in a precision nutrition startup, Sova Health. The round also saw participation from Practical VC, Lets Venture & Angels. Sova ...
- Start-ups: How to attract VC funding in 2021on January 21, 2021 at 6:50 pm
How to attract VC funding in 2021. 'We want to look at very strong entrepreneurial teams.' 'I want to focus on a full team and not just the entrepreneur, which is building innovative and amazing ...
- Growing the VC treeon January 21, 2021 at 2:11 pm
Ohio but it didn’t push the state ahead of others. In fact, there were record gains in VC investing and IPOs nationwide. That means the work isn’t over in Central Ohio.
- How VC Ben Ling raised his first $60 million venture fund in just four monthson January 21, 2021 at 9:13 am
Ben Ling says new fund managers should secure the small checks first and be strategic about their institutional LPs for their first funds.
- Here's an exclusive look at the pitch deck delivery startup Getir used to raise $128 million from Silicon Valley VC Michael Moritz and otherson January 21, 2021 at 4:54 am
Getir is backed by early Apple investor Michael Moritz and private equity giant Tiger Global and is flush with cash after a major fundraise.
- 3 Ways To Get The VC Valuation You Deserveon January 19, 2021 at 6:00 am
Valuing an early stage startup is often an opaque and complicated process for startup founders. Take a peek into the mind of an early-stage investor to learn what venture capitalists are really ...
- Bengaluru now world’s fastest growing tech hub for VC funding, ahead of London, Paris, others: Researchon January 14, 2021 at 1:04 am
Bengaluru has emerged as the world's fastest-growing mature tech ecosystem in the world since 2016, followed by the European cities of London, Munich, Berlin and Paris, with India's financial centre ...
- Flexible VC: A new model for startups targeting profitabilityon January 11, 2021 at 1:43 pm
A new category of investors has emerged offering a hybrid between VC and revenue-based investment (RBI), which we call “flexible VC." ...
via Google News and Bing News