Kiva is p2p-lending site that facilitates loans between lenders in wealthy countries and entrepreneurs in developing countries.
Now a new startup aims to bring a similar model to startups in the developed world but with an investment focus. The idea here is to fix the current inefficiencies of private seed funding for web and mobile companies, especially in markets outside of the hothouse that is Silicon Valley (i.e. Europe and Asia).
Grow VC is a new community funding model for technology startups. Here’s how it works: Grow VC will pool 75 per cent of membership fees into a community fund that gets invested back into ‘promising startups’ which are members of the platform. The fund is managed by Grow VC but all the investment decisions are left to members who determine how to invest their portion of the fund into other startup companies that they feel have the most potential. The most successful decision makers get financially rewarded when the community fund begins earning a return on investment. So, if you promote the best companies you make moola.
Joining Grow VC, and the basic features such as building a person profile, are free. Premium features come with subscriptions ranging from $20 to $140 per month, depending on how much money the startup company is seeking or how much the investor is looking to invest. For unlimited service investments, the monthly subscription fee is $90 per month. The fund is aimed at startups that need $10,000 to $1 million USD.
The Latest on: Grow VC
[google_news title=”” keyword=”Grow VC” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
- VC ecosystem will ‘likely’ change following SVB collapse, Techstars CEO sayson March 17, 2023 at 7:45 am
Techstars CEO Maëlle Gavet and SingleStore CEO Raj Verma join Yahoo Finance Live to discuss how their companies and partners were impacted by the SVB fallout, tech startup investments, and the outlook ...
- Excitement, Opportunity on the Rise After Bay Area VC Startup Community Event on Growing With CloudWerx and Googleon March 14, 2023 at 11:41 am
Bay Area Executive VC Community Event. Attendees heard firsthand how some of the top high-growth companies are growing and scaling their businesses using the power of GCP in partnership with ...
- Excitement, Opportunity on the Rise After Bay Area VC Startup Community Event on Growing With CloudWerx and Googleon March 14, 2023 at 11:15 am
Bay Area Executive VC Community Event. Attendees heard firsthand how some of the top high-growth companies are growing and scaling their businesses using the power of GCP in partnership with CloudWerx ...
- The #1 Secret Of Billion-Dollar Entrepreneurs: 94% Took Off Without VCon March 14, 2023 at 9:54 am
VC. Entrepreneurial education would do better to re-examine its assumptions and ask itself why it is focused on the VC-Model that serves 20/ 100,000 entrepreneurs and not on the UE-Model that can help ...
- 2023 SXSW: Where VC firms are putting their money following the collapse of Silicon Valley Bankon March 14, 2023 at 7:42 am
Yahoo Finance’s Brad Smith joins the Live show from the 2023 SXSW Conference in Austin, Texas, to discuss how founders and investors like Lux Capital’s Josh Wolfe are reacting to the collapse of ...
- Major Psychedelics VC & EFT Directors Will Share Valuable Insights At Upcoming Benzinga Eventon March 13, 2023 at 6:30 am
The Benzinga Psychedelics Capital Conference (PCC) is rapidly becoming the place to be for all those interested or involved in the space. In addition to being the place where deals are done, you'll ...
- VC Firms Push for Relief to Avoid SVB-Linked Furloughson March 12, 2023 at 2:53 pm
The influential investors that back startups pushed for government action and took other emergency measures Sunday to avoid the growing threat of furloughs if startups with money tied up at Silicon ...
- First Republic and PacWest Bancorp plunge as fears of contagion grow following the biggest bank failure since 2008on March 10, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Not helping matters is the Federal Reserve's plan for more interest rate hikes, which is what helped spark the downfall in Silicon Valley Bank.
- Florida VC funding grew in 2022 despite nationwide investor pullbackon March 9, 2023 at 4:29 am
Venture capital investment slumped last year — except for emerging tech markets like Orlando. Here's more on how Orlando and Florida fare in a slowing VC environment.
- List analysis: Private equity and VC firms on list still doing deals despite headwindson March 9, 2023 at 1:45 am
And about a third of the investments they made in 2022 went to local companies, judging by data from our Private Equity and Venture Capital Firms list.
via Google News and Bing News