Singaporean company Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies will release a small home hydrogen refueling and storage solution at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas later this week that could kickstart mankind’s transition to a hydrogen-based economy.
The HYDROFILL is a small desktop device that plugs into the power supply, a solar panel or a small wind turbine, and automatically extracts hydrogen from its water tank and stores it in a solid form in small refillable cartridges. The cartridges contain metallic alloys that absorb hydrogen into their crystalline structure, a storage method which the company claims offers the highest volumetric energy density of any form of hydrogen storage, even higher than liquid hydrogen.
Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies, which first became known to the general public with an exclusive Gizmag story in 2006 about the company’s educational toy solar hydrogen car. The Horizon toy cars quickly became the world’s largest volume-produced commercial fuel cell products and it is quite an irony that less than half a decade later, the company which launched with a toy car appears set to introduce genuinely disruptive technology into the home, finally enabling the long-touted futuristic vision of a hydrogen station in every home.
The HYDROFILL hydrogen refueling device will enable a low cost, scalable hydrogen supply model and may indeed eliminate the need for large-scale fueling infrastructure investments. As Horizon’s press statement so aptly puts it, the “game-changer innovation can unlock the age-old dilemma over which comes first: clean cars, or clean fuels.”
“We no longer need to rely on nationwide networks of hydrogen fueling stations to enable large-scale fuel cell commercialization,” said Horizon co-founder Taras Wankewycz. “Horizon is initiating a transition that places consumers in the driving seat. Thanks to our innovation each household can gradually become a major part of tomorrow’s hydrogen fuel supply infrastructure.”
The Latest on: Hydrogen refueling
via Google News
The Latest on: Hydrogen refueling
- Hydrogen Powered Tractor Market to Reach $4.54 Billion by 2035: Allied Market Researchon August 1, 2022 at 9:22 am
Growth in mechanization in agriculture activities, rise in need to reduce greenhouse gas emission, and high suitability of hydrogen as fuel have boosted the growth of the global hydrogen powered ...
- Aurora Hydrogen Raises $10M in Series A Fundingon August 1, 2022 at 7:23 am
Aurora Hydrogen, an Edmonton, AB, Canada-based company developing emission-free, hydrogen production technology, raised $10M USD in Series A funding ...
- Aurora Hydrogen Raises $10M to Develop Emission-Free, Low-Cost Hydrogen Technologyon August 1, 2022 at 7:14 am
Energy Innovation Capital, Williams, Shell Ventures and Chevron Technology Ventures Invest to Help Unlock One of the Cleanest and Most Economical ...
- Toshiba energizes PV-powered hydrogen refueling station in Japanon August 1, 2022 at 6:23 am
The system is reportedly able to refill about eight hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, each in three minutes. It is also able to supply both hydrogen fuel to fuel cell vehicles and electric power by using ...
- PowerTap Hydrogen Provides Update On Its 49% owned subsidiary, Progressus Clean Technologies’ Exclusive IPon August 1, 2022 at 5:32 am
Global Green Hydrogen market expected to reach US$72 Billion by 2030(4) with growth anticipated at a 54.7% CAGR between 2021 and 2028(3) Progressus’ advanced electrolyzer system (AES) intellectual ...
- Hydrogen car refueling and range – taking a closer lookon July 30, 2022 at 12:01 am
Fuel cell vehicles offer require a similar amount of time at fueling stations. Zero-emission vehicles like battery electrics and hydrogen car models are rapidl ...
- Separating green hydrogen's hope from hypeon July 28, 2022 at 3:31 am
Hydrogen packs a powerful energy punch. But finding a clean — and cheap — way to unleash this power has remained elusive. Now several companies are working to unlock the simplest atom's potential.
- Emerson’s New Valves for Hydrogen Fueling Stations Ensure Maintenance Safety, Minimize Leakson July 21, 2022 at 9:27 am
15,000 pounds-per-square-inch double block bleed and hand valves offer redundant protection from high pressure and superior sealing technology to avoid leaks.
- Phillips partners with H2 Energy to build 250 hydrogen fueling stations in Europeon July 19, 2022 at 1:46 pm
Phillips 66 said Tuesday it partnered with hydrogen company H2 Energy to develop a network of hydrogen fueling stations in Germany, Austria and Denmark. The two companies have equal stake in the joint ...
- A Third Surge in Innovation and Patents on Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicleson July 19, 2022 at 1:31 pm
With electric passenger vehicles dominating automotive news, it is easy to forget that the development of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles remains a key component of automotive decarbonization efforts, par ...
via Bing News