Singaporean company Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies will release a small home hydrogen refueling and storage solution at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas later this week that could kickstart mankind’s transition to a hydrogen-based economy.
The HYDROFILL is a small desktop device that plugs into the power supply, a solar panel or a small wind turbine, and automatically extracts hydrogen from its water tank and stores it in a solid form in small refillable cartridges. The cartridges contain metallic alloys that absorb hydrogen into their crystalline structure, a storage method which the company claims offers the highest volumetric energy density of any form of hydrogen storage, even higher than liquid hydrogen.
Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies, which first became known to the general public with an exclusive Gizmag story in 2006 about the company’s educational toy solar hydrogen car. The Horizon toy cars quickly became the world’s largest volume-produced commercial fuel cell products and it is quite an irony that less than half a decade later, the company which launched with a toy car appears set to introduce genuinely disruptive technology into the home, finally enabling the long-touted futuristic vision of a hydrogen station in every home.
The HYDROFILL hydrogen refueling device will enable a low cost, scalable hydrogen supply model and may indeed eliminate the need for large-scale fueling infrastructure investments. As Horizon’s press statement so aptly puts it, the “game-changer innovation can unlock the age-old dilemma over which comes first: clean cars, or clean fuels.”
“We no longer need to rely on nationwide networks of hydrogen fueling stations to enable large-scale fuel cell commercialization,” said Horizon co-founder Taras Wankewycz. “Horizon is initiating a transition that places consumers in the driving seat. Thanks to our innovation each household can gradually become a major part of tomorrow’s hydrogen fuel supply infrastructure.”
The Latest on: Hydrogen refueling
[google_news title=”” keyword=”hydrogen refueling” num_posts=”10″ blurb_length=”0″ show_thumb=”left”]
via Google News
The Latest on: Hydrogen refueling
- Georgia taking first step toward building hydrogen fueling station in Southeast regionon December 6, 2023 at 10:08 am
Hydrogen-powered electric fuel cells are a promising technology for commercial vehicles including large trucks, according to Georgia Department of Transportation.
- Hydrogen Storage Market to Reach $8.6 Billion, Globally, by 2032 at 12.7% CAGR: Allied Market Researchon December 6, 2023 at 7:25 am
The global hydrogen storage market is driven by an increase in demand for low-emission fuel. The vision of a hydrogen-powered future comes closer to reality as investments pour into research, ...
- Why Does Hydrogen Come in Different Colors?on December 5, 2023 at 6:01 pm
Hydrogen is a colorless gas, so why does it come in different colors? Surprisingly, the colors refer to the methods used to extract it.
- NASA says SpaceX’s next Starship flight could test refueling techon December 5, 2023 at 5:05 pm
SpaceX and NASA could take a tentative step toward orbital refueling on the next test flight of Starship, but the US space agency says officials haven't made a final decision on when to begin ...
- Georgia taking first step toward building hydrogen fueling stationon December 5, 2023 at 11:19 am
ATLANTA – The Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) is looking for a developer to build a publicly accessible hydrogen fueling station in Southeast Georgia.
- Top 11 Hydrogen Fueling Station Companies, Worldwide 2023: MarketsandMarkets' 360 Quadrant Revealedon December 5, 2023 at 3:54 am
MarketsandMarkets has released Top 11 Hydrogen Fueling Station Companies, Worldwide 2023 to help businesses make quicker and more informed decisions. Companies' market presence and product footprint ...
- Not your average hydrogen station, CSIRO launches groundbreaking facility in Australiaon December 5, 2023 at 12:03 am
The new renewable H2 refueling station has been designed for more than refueling. A new state-of-the-art green hydrogen station has been launched by CSIRO and ...
- Is it possible to make your own hydrogen fuel at home?on December 2, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Could you produce your own H2 to power your fuel cell car so you wouldn’t need a fueling station? Since the lack of hydrogen fuel refueling infrastructure is one of the primary barriers standing in ...
- Hydrogen Fuel Cells Aren’t Just An Exercise for BMWon December 1, 2023 at 3:29 pm
Connected to a fifth-generation BMW eDrive unit, BMW says this hydrogen-powered family hauler is good for 401 hp and 313 miles of WLTP-certified range. The vehicle uses two hydrogen tanks with a ...
- HRS UNVEILED ITS NEW HRS HYDROGEN REFUELING STATION DISPENSER DESIGNED IN COLLABORATION WITH CREATOR PHILIPPE STARCK AT THE COP28 IN DUBAÏon November 30, 2023 at 11:03 pm
HRS UNVEILED ITS NEW HRS HYDROGEN REFUELING STATION DISPENSER DESIGNED IN COLLABORATION WITH CREATOR PHILIPPE STARCK AT THE COP28 IN DUBAÏ ...
via Bing News