Singaporean company Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies will release a small home hydrogen refueling and storage solution at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas later this week that could kickstart mankind’s transition to a hydrogen-based economy.
The HYDROFILL is a small desktop device that plugs into the power supply, a solar panel or a small wind turbine, and automatically extracts hydrogen from its water tank and stores it in a solid form in small refillable cartridges. The cartridges contain metallic alloys that absorb hydrogen into their crystalline structure, a storage method which the company claims offers the highest volumetric energy density of any form of hydrogen storage, even higher than liquid hydrogen.
Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies, which first became known to the general public with an exclusive Gizmag story in 2006 about the company’s educational toy solar hydrogen car. The Horizon toy cars quickly became the world’s largest volume-produced commercial fuel cell products and it is quite an irony that less than half a decade later, the company which launched with a toy car appears set to introduce genuinely disruptive technology into the home, finally enabling the long-touted futuristic vision of a hydrogen station in every home.
The HYDROFILL hydrogen refueling device will enable a low cost, scalable hydrogen supply model and may indeed eliminate the need for large-scale fueling infrastructure investments. As Horizon’s press statement so aptly puts it, the “game-changer innovation can unlock the age-old dilemma over which comes first: clean cars, or clean fuels.”
“We no longer need to rely on nationwide networks of hydrogen fueling stations to enable large-scale fuel cell commercialization,” said Horizon co-founder Taras Wankewycz. “Horizon is initiating a transition that places consumers in the driving seat. Thanks to our innovation each household can gradually become a major part of tomorrow’s hydrogen fuel supply infrastructure.”
The Latest on: Hydrogen refueling
via Google News
The Latest on: Hydrogen refueling
- CARB report finds California hydrogen fueling network could likely be self-sustaining within a decade with some additional state supporton October 16, 2021 at 2:02 am
The California Air Resources Board has released the final version of the light-duty hydrogen fueling station self-sufficiency report, pursuant to the requirements of Assembly Bill 8 (2013).A ...
- California Can Achieve World's First Sustainable Hydrogen Fueling Networkon October 15, 2021 at 12:02 pm
The California Air Resources Board today released an analysis of the California hydrogen fueling network for passenger cars and found that, with the right funding, the network could be self-sufficient ...
- Dover Announces Acquisition Of LIQAL B.V., A Leading Provider Of LNG And Hydrogen Fueling Solutionson October 15, 2021 at 4:00 am
Dover (NYSE: DOV) today announced that it has completed the acquisition of LIQAL B.V. ("LIQAL"), a turnkey supplier of liquefied natural gas ("LNG") and hydrogen refueling equipment and solutions, and ...
- Nikola, Opal Fuels sign MOU for hydrogen fueling stationson October 14, 2021 at 2:03 pm
Nikola Corp. and Opal Fuels LLC have entered into a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on the development, construction, and operation of hydrogen fueling stations in North America and the use of ...
- Phillips 66, Plug Power to collaborate to scale green hydrogen in industrial & mobility sectors; infrastructure and fueling capabilitieson October 14, 2021 at 1:17 am
Phillips 66 and Plug Power Inc. (NASDAQ: PLUG), a leading provider of turnkey hydrogen solutions, signed a memorandum of understanding to collaborate on the development of low-carbon hydrogen business ...
- Hydrogen Heavy Duty Vehicle Industry Group members partner to standardize hydrogen refuelingon October 12, 2021 at 12:37 pm
The Hydrogen Heavy Duty Vehicle Industry Group—comprised of hydrogen industry companies Air Liquide, Hyundai, Nel Hydrogen, Nikola Corp., Shell and Toyota—has signed agreements with Tatsuno Corp. and ...
- Fuel Cell Industry Giants Join Forces to Develop High-Performance Hydrogen Fueling Systemon October 10, 2021 at 11:52 pm
Despite ongoing debates about the disadvantages of hydrogen, most players in the automotive industry seem to agree that hydrogen fuel cell systems are the answer for carbon-neutral transportation.
- Hydrogen Heavy Duty Vehicle Industry Group Partners to Standardize Hydrogen Refueling, Bringing Hydrogen Closer to Wide Scale Adoptionon October 8, 2021 at 5:00 am
The Hydrogen Heavy Duty Vehicle Industry Group – comprised of hydrogen industry leaders Air Liquide, Hyundai, Nel Hydrogen, Nikola Corporation, Shell and Toyota, has signed agreements with Tatsuno ...
- Nikola, Opal Fuels to Build Hydrogen Fueling Stationson October 1, 2021 at 6:53 pm
Meanwhile, Nikola announced in August the U.S. Department of Energy awarded it a $2 million grant to advance research into autonomous refueling technologies for future hydrogen fueling stations.
- GAUSSIN and Hydrogen Refueling Solutions Form Strategic Partnershipon September 30, 2021 at 2:19 pm
HÉRICOURT, France & GRENOBLE, France--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GAUSSIN (EURONEXT GROWTH : ALGAU - FR0013495298), pioneer of clean and smart freight transport, and Hydrogen ...
via Bing News