Singaporean company Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies will release a small home hydrogen refueling and storage solution at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas later this week that could kickstart mankind’s transition to a hydrogen-based economy.
The HYDROFILL is a small desktop device that plugs into the power supply, a solar panel or a small wind turbine, and automatically extracts hydrogen from its water tank and stores it in a solid form in small refillable cartridges. The cartridges contain metallic alloys that absorb hydrogen into their crystalline structure, a storage method which the company claims offers the highest volumetric energy density of any form of hydrogen storage, even higher than liquid hydrogen.
Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies, which first became known to the general public with an exclusive Gizmag story in 2006 about the company’s educational toy solar hydrogen car. The Horizon toy cars quickly became the world’s largest volume-produced commercial fuel cell products and it is quite an irony that less than half a decade later, the company which launched with a toy car appears set to introduce genuinely disruptive technology into the home, finally enabling the long-touted futuristic vision of a hydrogen station in every home.
The HYDROFILL hydrogen refueling device will enable a low cost, scalable hydrogen supply model and may indeed eliminate the need for large-scale fueling infrastructure investments. As Horizon’s press statement so aptly puts it, the “game-changer innovation can unlock the age-old dilemma over which comes first: clean cars, or clean fuels.”
“We no longer need to rely on nationwide networks of hydrogen fueling stations to enable large-scale fuel cell commercialization,” said Horizon co-founder Taras Wankewycz. “Horizon is initiating a transition that places consumers in the driving seat. Thanks to our innovation each household can gradually become a major part of tomorrow’s hydrogen fuel supply infrastructure.”
The Latest on: Hydrogen refueling
via Google News
The Latest on: Hydrogen refueling
- China Power ramps up efforts on hydrogen applicationson April 12, 2021 at 3:00 am
One of its most recent moves to tap the clean energy potential was the kickoff of construction work at the Zhongguancun Yanqing Park Hydrogen Refueling Station Phase II Project, a hydrogen refueling ...
- Hydrogen Generation Market Size Worth $184.11 Billion By 2028: Grand View Research, Inc.on April 12, 2021 at 2:11 am
The global hydrogen generation market size is expected to reach USD 184.11 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc.
- McPhy is participating at the Hanover fair and will present its projects with the APEX Group for its zero-carbon hydrogen planton April 11, 2021 at 10:29 pm
... their project of zero-carbon hydrogen plant equipped with McPhy 2 MW electrolysis platform and a 200 kg / day hydrogen refueling station being installed A project emblematic of the zero-emission ...
- Taste the energy rainbow: What’s with all the colors of hydrogen?on April 10, 2021 at 1:02 pm
Hydrogen that will someday power long-haul trucks is known by colors related to the power source used to make it.
- Air Products and New Flyer Tour Cities in Oregon to Demonstrate the Benefits of Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus Technologyon April 8, 2021 at 10:14 am
Air Products (NYSE:APD) and New Flyer of America Inc. continued its tour of the Northwest United States (U.S.) at the end of March, visiting two cities in Oregon to demonstrate the benefits of fuel ...
- SARTA joins project to test more efficient systems for hydrogen powered vehicleson April 7, 2021 at 12:59 pm
The Stark Area Regional Transit Authority has partnered with a research operation to demonstrate new hydrogen fueling equipment. SARTA is working with NICE America Research — the U.S.-based research ...
- Air Products (APD) Opens Hydrogen Fueling Station in Ulsanon April 7, 2021 at 7:50 am
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. APD recently unveiled a new hydrogen fueling station at its industrial gases facility in Ulsan City, South Korea. The station is operated by the company and built with ...
- Air Products Unveils Hydrogen Fueling Station in Ulsan, South Koreaon April 6, 2021 at 5:11 pm
Built with Air Products' state-of-the-art hydrogen fueling technology and operated by the Company, the station is the first station built and operated by the private sector in the city under the ...
- Loop Energy and BayoTech Commit to Accelerated Deployment of Hydrogen Vehicles and Fueling Infrastructure through Joint Market Development Agreementon April 6, 2021 at 5:00 am
With the shared goal of accelerating the transition to cost-effective, zero-emissions commercial vehicle and power generator technologies, Loop Energy and BayoTech announced a joint market development ...
- Toyota Pushes Forward With Hydrogen, Sets Up New Production And Refueling Center In Australiaon April 4, 2021 at 1:36 am
Victoria sees its first commercial-grade hydrogen production, storage, and refueling facility come online as Toyota has transformed its former manufacturing space at Altona in the west of Melbourne.
via Bing News